Should I be the lead singer of my band?

PDA

View Full Version : Should I be the lead singer of my band?

Shadowz_at_Dawn
04-16-2006, 12:35 PM
so heres whats happening. Me and conky420 have started a band. And there is already 2 or so threads about our band. but, i want to know if i should sing for the band. I have written 23 original song lyrics. We had one band session where i sang and it wasnt too bad. I sing all the time when i listen to music. but it wasnt really singing it was kind of a yell/snarl/operation ivy vocals/singing. it was weird but it fit the song we were doing. and i know most of the lyrics (I wrote them all). but some songs would fit a female voice like amy lee from evanescense. I'm wondering weither i should sing for the band (my voice bing not all that great) OR having a girl sing in the band and her having a great voice. I'm leaning towards me cuz (not to be sexist or anything) some songs might lose their male angst. should i have a 2 lead singer band? should it just be me singing/guitar playing? can someone help?

punk_mike_88
04-16-2006, 12:45 PM
Be like Taking Back Sunday (not lyric wise cuz people will say ur emo), have a lead singer and a back-up singer/guitarist. Or be different and have to lead vocalists who do nuthin.

Lastin
04-16-2006, 12:45 PM
Hello, when it comes to singing, if you are looking for like a female essence in your songs, try singing in a group, harmonizing with all the guys, play with the pitches you all sing in and it should come out like punky, kind of screamy girly =P

Anaxagoran
04-16-2006, 12:47 PM
Find someone who will best fit the part. It shouldn't really matter if you wrote it or not. There are plenty of lyricists out there who write the lyrics but don't sing. If your voice isn't all that great to begin with I would recommend you find someone else.

Canuck_22
04-16-2006, 12:47 PM
if you could give us a link to show us how good you sing we would be able to make a better decision because "my voice bing not all that great" doesn't give us a whole lot to base it on.

gunsnspaghetti
04-16-2006, 12:49 PM
If you can sing, go for it!

Shadowz_at_Dawn
04-16-2006, 12:57 PM
if you could give us a link to show us how good you sing we would be able to make a better decision because "my voice bing not all that great" doesn't give us a whole lot to base it on.
ha i never thot of that but i can not give u a link cuz i dont have a mic for the computer lol. but i think i basically described my singing voice already.