Ultimate Fantasy Realized

PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Fantasy Realized

barney18
04-17-2006, 05:54 PM
My band (well, old band since I left it last night) played a show last Friday night at a small, private party. It was really a bad show because everyone was a little drunk, but nonetheless, it was a good time. About 30 minutes before we played, Kevin Allen, the guitar player from ...And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead, came to our party. I was introduced, as a couple of my band members knew him, and we went on playing. This was the first time I had ever really played a show in front of people and needless to say, I was really nervous. As we set up to play, Kevin stood about 6 feet away from me. During the show I would occasionally glance over at him, and I could see that he was enjoying himself and close to the end of the set were a couple of songs I don't play. We talked for a little bit, and then he points to my guitar setup and asks, "Do you mind if I play?" He really just ****ed around, but it was insane seeing a member from a band that I have considered to be one of my all-time favorites jump onto the set and play my stuff. We played a couple of songs after the set, just messing around and adlibbing while doing Stones and the Who covers, and I actually played a couple of songs with Kevin. After the show, at around 2 AM, he gave me a lot of advice and I talked to him afterwards until 4. I still can't really wrap my head around it all: 1) I played my first real show 2) I partied and played a show with one of my heroes 3) One of my heroes gave me advice that will last me a life time.

Gurgle!Argh!
04-18-2006, 10:07 AM
i am very jealous.

Aka55
04-18-2006, 09:26 PM
Awesome.

sponj
04-19-2006, 09:10 AM
can i have your babies?

Zamboni
04-19-2006, 12:16 PM
Sick man :cheers: