Is anyone Here Stright Edge?

PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone Here Stright Edge?

minorthreat123
04-17-2006, 06:48 PM
im not, but im just wondering.

G.I.R.L
04-17-2006, 06:51 PM
No. Never tried and never will.

Iluvpowerchords
04-17-2006, 06:53 PM
I don't drink or smoke, but I'm not Straight Edge.

opivy21
04-17-2006, 07:16 PM
Same here.

indestructible8
04-17-2006, 07:29 PM
so if you dont drink or smoke, and you dont call yourself straight edge, your not. so its pretty much what you cal yourself. i donno im confused. straight edge kids always seemed pretty ignorant anyway.

gdawg3001
04-17-2006, 07:37 PM
yeah, i hate how scene kids say you also cant smoke cigarettes to be straight-edge. i dont smoke them, but it pisses me off that they're ruining something they didnt even start.

CowsWithGuns
04-17-2006, 07:49 PM
I thought that straight-edge = No booze, drugs or promiscuous(sp?) sex.

gdawg3001
04-17-2006, 07:53 PM
yeah, thats exactly what it is. but scene kids have taken it and made it something its not.

waterproofpie
04-17-2006, 07:54 PM
Straight edge goes by YOUR idea of what is harmful to your body. So it doesn't have to be the same for everyone. If you think drinking soda isn't bad for you, and you consider yourself straight edge, then drink up

Warm-And-Fuzzy
04-17-2006, 07:55 PM
Till I'm 21!

(bahahahaha... I'm sorry)

minorthreat123
04-17-2006, 07:59 PM
i dont drink or smoke but i dont consider myself stright edge

newyorkdolls138
04-17-2006, 08:04 PM
I was.
Then I discovered drugs.

sargasm
04-17-2006, 08:40 PM
I guess I am. I don't go around calling myself sXe, but if someone uses that label to describe me, I don't object. I don't drink, smoke, or do drugs, for various reasons.

misfitsdisciple
04-17-2006, 08:43 PM
i know a kid somebody started calling "straight edge brandon" this kid is so funny. they call him straight edge but he just doesnt like getting **** faced like the rest of his dumb "street punk" friends, i cant blame him. but one time they were driving around and because he doesnt drink, he is a lightweight, and he had a little wine in him and man, he was trashed.

but i dont smoke and only drink on a few occasions, but i dont know the exact definition of permiscuous sex so im not sure.

crazygluedmybut
04-17-2006, 08:54 PM
I have a friend who's straight edge. He's cool, and not at all ignorant. But I do know some people who call themselves straight edge, but with the same beliefs. They're douches.

hardrock1315
04-17-2006, 09:30 PM
so if you dont drink or smoke, and you dont call yourself straight edge, your not. so its pretty much what you cal yourself. i donno im confused. straight edge kids always seemed pretty ignorant anyway.

Straight Edge means that aside from not doing things that are "bad", you discourage others from engaging in these activities.

And no, I'm not sXe, but I'll respect it if you are. Just don't try to "convert" me. 'Cause it won't work.

whyvern
04-17-2006, 09:46 PM
I don't drink - it's a waste of time
I don't smoke - waste of money
I don't do drugs - waste of money and you loose track of what you wanna do... although when I saw Annihilation Time I considered doing them for a bit... but then I saw the Pink Spiders again... thanks Matt... you really cleared things up for me.
I don't **** - I haven't gotten laid in a couple-a years... Alabama is not so good to me in that respect.

Babaca
04-17-2006, 11:43 PM
straight edge is whatever you want it to mean. its been blown into so many things i think it's lost its meaning. and it gets associated with hardline jock-assholes alot, so its not a term i would really go by, but to make things simpler i do refer to myself as sXe from time to time. i dont smoke, i dont drink, i dont do drugs, i dont have permiscuous sex, i try to refrain from any mind altering substances like caffine. but that's just my personal life style choice. i dont do it to be part of a group or to call myself something. i've just grown up around it and can see what it can do to a person, and dont like it. i try to keep my mind clear and free so i have full control over everything i do and say

capsfan17
04-18-2006, 12:16 AM
I always thought sXe was about clearness of mind, and you could even drink, so long as you didnt drink to the point of being in a drunken stupor? Maybe Im wrong, I dont know.

as it goes for me though
I Drink, when I get the chance, but Im sure to do it in a controlled enviroment, and I always have my decdicated friend as the DD, he actually formed a sect of sXe, he calls it dXd
I Do Drugs, now, I took about a year off, then last winter I got hit hard by them again. Ive had struggles with weed and vicodin addictions in the past 6 months. Ive also fried out my brain on hallucinogens, and I regret it greatly. Im trying to get clean right now though, and Im about a month in being clean, and IM a lot happier.
I Smoke Cigarettes. Yes, I know they are dumb, and I hate them. But, I used them as a substitue addiction to aformentioned substances, and Im slowly getting off them as well, Im down to 4 a day, from a pack and a half a day.
I Do Not Have Promiscuous Sex. I Do Not Have Sex. I cant get any, and, frankly, I have enough shit to deal with right now other than getting laid. I wish things were different, but Im not doing anything to change it.

PenCapChew
04-18-2006, 01:25 AM
No
but I have alot of respect for someone who is, as long as they dont act like their better then people who smoke and drink and all that bullshti

Basser121503
04-18-2006, 02:45 AM
I guess I am with the no smoking, drinking, and drugs but I have had sex with my girlfriend if that counts. I don't really care what I am I just don't want to do any of that stuff

ScummerVacation
04-18-2006, 03:26 AM
I always thought sXe was about clearness of mind, and you could even drink, so long as you didnt drink to the point of being in a drunken stupor? Maybe Im wrong, I dont know.

as it goes for me though
I Drink, when I get the chance, but Im sure to do it in a controlled enviroment, and I always have my decdicated friend as the DD, he actually formed a sect of sXe, he calls it dXd
I Do Drugs, now, I took about a year off, then last winter I got hit hard by them again. Ive had struggles with weed and vicodin addictions in the past 6 months. Ive also fried out my brain on hallucinogens, and I regret it greatly. Im trying to get clean right now though, and Im about a month in being clean, and IM a lot happier.
I Smoke Cigarettes. Yes, I know they are dumb, and I hate them. But, I used them as a substitue addiction to aformentioned substances, and Im slowly getting off them as well, Im down to 4 a day, from a pack and a half a day.
I Do Not Have Promiscuous Sex. I Do Not Have Sex. I cant get any, and, frankly, I have enough shit to deal with right now other than getting laid. I wish things were different, but Im not doing anything to change it.

Hahahah. Youre quite the straight-edge scenester arn't you.

pistols
04-18-2006, 06:34 AM
I know a straight-edge, hes a mad bloke.

The thing I don't get is, he called me "semi straight-edge"

I drink, and love it
I use drugs, but only salvia, and I won't go near any other illegal drug, because they f*ck you up (and the salvia was only once, I'm trying to get my hands on more, but the "dealer" has switched to an enhanced product that has tar in it, and I don't want that. I used salvia because its healthier)
I used to smoke cigarettes, but quit 2 years ago. If you haven't smoked before, don't try it, I still crave them everyday
I don't believe in having sex with prostitutes, swinging, or having sex with people you pick up in clubs. I think it should only be with a boyfriend / girlfriend. Thats part morals, and partly the fact that sh*t always gets stirred up if you do that sort of stuff

Semi, maybe half, but not really, no. But if you^ whoever it was that said its not having what you think is dangerous, I always have a sober person nearby when I drink, so I believe its safe.

And I don't call myself straight-edge, I'm just a regular punk kid.

capsfan17
04-18-2006, 07:34 AM
Hahahah. Youre quite the straight-edge scenester arn't you.

Im so sXe my nickname is potsy

johnnynemo
04-18-2006, 10:03 AM
I don't drink, smoke, fornicate, use drugs or eat meat, but I'm not straight edge, because I hate Minor Threat.

I found that riding my bike 100 miles a week greatly increases my anandamide levels, which produces an effect that they call the "runners high".

In case you haven't heard of it.......anandamide is a cannabinoid, or lipid molecule, that is naturally produced in the body. It is known to produce sensations that are similar to those of THC, the psychoactive property in marijuana.
You can read more about it here.

http://safeaccessnow.org/article.php?id=842

ss311
04-18-2006, 11:32 AM
I used to call myself straight edge. Now I don't care for the term. It's just a title. I don't drink, have promiscuous sex or do any sort of drugs but I don't want a label anymore. I've never even tried drugs or smoking.

johnnynemo
04-18-2006, 12:26 PM
I used to drink, smoke, sleep with any girl who was willing, and did drugs, when I was younger and lived in a place that I hated.
I just used anything I could find to escape.

Now that I don't live there anymore, and my life is somewhat better, I don't need them.
I've also seen people wreck their lives with chemicals.
It stops being fun when friends become junkies and start stealing from you.

waterproofpie
04-18-2006, 12:56 PM
I don't drink, smoke, fornicate, use drugs or eat meat, but I'm not straight edge, because I hate Minor Threat.

I found that riding my bike 100 miles a week greatly increases my anandamide levels, which produces an effect that they call the "runners high".

In case you haven't heard of it.......anandamide is a cannabinoid, or lipid molecule, that is naturally produced in the body. It is known to produce sensations that are similar to those of THC, the psychoactive property in marijuana.

I love when I get that.
I do crew, which is considered the "most physically demanding sport" and is mostly endurance.
So I get that a lot
it's awesome.

And I don't do anything promiscuous, drink, smoke, and I pretty much don't eat junk food or soda except when I'm at a party.
But I don't consider myself straight edge for the same reason as Nemo.

ScummerVacation
04-18-2006, 01:44 PM
I love when I get that.
I do crew, which is considered the "most physically demanding sport" and is mostly endurance.
So I get that a lot
it's awesome.

And I don't do anything promiscuous, drink, smoke, and I pretty much don't eat junk food or soda except when I'm at a party.
But I don't consider myself straight edge for the same reason as Nemo.

I do the dew, and that seems to work for me. I dont believe the whole Anadamide neurotransmitter crap, the same type of deal is in cocoa and chocolate and they all went threw that a couple years ago. Its just your body working properly, some people call it a second wind, if you think its euphoric than thats friggin awesome.

waterproofpie
04-18-2006, 01:56 PM
I do the dew, and that seems to work for me. I dont believe the whole Anadamide neurotransmitter crap, the same type of deal is in cocoa and chocolate and they all went threw that a couple years ago. Its just your body working properly, some people call it a second wind, if you think its euphoric than thats friggin awesome.

I was always told its just natural pain killers made by your body when you're giving it a lot of pain.

So uhhh....
yeah they're pretty sweet.

ScummerVacation
04-18-2006, 02:17 PM
I was always told its just natural pain killers made by your body when you're giving it a lot of pain.

So uhhh....
yeah they're pretty sweet.

Haha whatever it is, goodtimes.

johnnynemo
04-18-2006, 02:33 PM
Cannabinoids are our friends.
So long as they are manufactued by our body, that is.
If they grow in plant form, then they are evil, evil, evil.
So saith Ian MacKaye, DARE, and my high school guidance counsellor....and they would never mislead us, m'kay.

waterproofpie
04-18-2006, 02:37 PM
Cannabinoids are our friends.
So long as they are manufactued by our body, that is.
If they grow in plant form, then they are evil, evil, evil.
So saith Ian MacKaye, DARE, and my high school guidance counsellor....and they would never mislead us, m'kay.

DARE is so ineffective it's hilarious.
They showed us a cartoon of what it'd be like to be on drugs in the 4 grade, and I remember my best friend who i'm still best friends with now and I were laughing the whole way through. Afterwards she comes up to me and says "is it bad that that made me WANT to do drugs?"

johnnynemo
04-18-2006, 02:44 PM
Hahahaha.
When I was in elementary school, (when the earth was still cooling and dinosaurs roamed outside our cave) they passed a bag of pot around, so that we would all know what it smelled like.

My firend was gonna steal some.
I said to my friend "This is crap. Your mom's smokes much better stuff than this. Steal some of her's."

ss311
04-18-2006, 04:06 PM
You bad kid nemo ;)

johnnynemo
04-18-2006, 05:38 PM
I think it's better, in the long run, if you're gonna run wild, to do it while you're young.

Many of the guys I knew who were straight edge when they were young, went to college and became some of the worst drunks/druggie scumbags you've ever seen.

Since I was getting drunk in 8th grade, I got bored with it by about age 19.

Obviously your best bet is to not let yourself get out of hand or get addicted to any chemical at any age, but that's rarely what people do.

Prince
04-18-2006, 05:43 PM
My firend was gonna steal some.
I said to my friend "This is crap. Your mom's smokes much better stuff than this. Steal some of her's."

haha

and i am straight edge

waterproofpie
04-18-2006, 05:43 PM
That's how I always saw it.
All the kids who I've seen been sheltered at a young age go to college and party like crazy.
All my friends who used to have the parents who wouldn't let them watch PG-13 movies, or eat candy, are already the majority of kids around here doing drugs.
And half of the friends of my two sibblings in college are out drinking everyother night.

I think that's why my parents let me start going to shows when I was 12 and letting me watch R rated movies since I could remember.
The only thing they don't consent to is letting me get anything but my ears peirced.
But I can deal with that because I can't deal with the holes in my head as it stands.
haha (to Nemo)

EDIT:

haha

and i am straight edge

:haha
It's in Prince's eyes...

johnnynemo
04-18-2006, 06:29 PM
The exceptions to this rule, of course, are Drew Barrymore and Robert Downey Jr.
They started with the chemicals at a very young age and haven't really let up.

But, at least if you get busted for chemicals when you're 12, you're not looking at jail time and you can get help without having too many legal ramifications.

waterproofpie
04-18-2006, 07:12 PM
I thought Drew Barrymore was clean now?

o-brien
04-18-2006, 07:49 PM
I don't do anything excessively. I don't smoke or touch drugs at all...the only drink I like is rum and coke (I know, I know, get out of punx). Preferably in the winter.

straight edge seems to have too much of a gang mentality for my liking. I don't need a "brotherhood" to keep myself strong. And I hate pretty much all the hardcore bands that preach straight edge. It's not a label I'd be proud to associate myself with.

GreenNinja031
04-18-2006, 08:06 PM
The exceptions to this rule, of course, are Drew Barrymore and Robert Downey Jr.
They started with the chemicals at a very young age and haven't really let up.

But, at least if you get busted for chemicals when you're 12, you're not looking at jail time and you can get help without having too many legal ramifications.

yeah, one time me and my friends found some stuff and got accused that it was ours by the cops. We were about 14 at the time and nothing really happened. just our parents had to pick us up at the police station.

it pretty much sucked though.

sassamafras
04-18-2006, 08:34 PM
i dont do anything like that

pinheadslts75
04-18-2006, 08:37 PM
Why would anyone label themselves. Labels are a type of conformity, which is why I've never called myself a punk. I don't do any of the aforementioned because they're stupid things that are unnecessary for leading a happy life, not because I listen to some sXe hardcore bands.

My cousin fell in with a bad crowd in high school, and was caught with someone else's pills. He had to get a G.E.D because the correctional school didn't give official diplomas. His brother got caught with a bong, and he's been kicked out of school twice. The second time he was old enough so they didn't have to let him back.
Perfect examples of why people shouldn't touch that stuff.

Rock1986
04-18-2006, 10:56 PM
I don't drink, smoke and the only sex I have ever had was with a girl that I went out with for two years, so I wouldn't call that promiscuous. But yeah, I don't brag about it, when people ask me if I drink, I just say no. And I don't ask my friends to stop drinking, I just ask them to be careful and usually try to watch out for them.

capsfan17
04-18-2006, 10:57 PM

I got to get a bike...

Ive also always had similar views on drug use, do it while your young. I was talking with my 24 year old cousin this weekend, and he told me to have my fun in high school. He said the best times hes ever had with substances were when he was 16 and buying acid at lunch. And, Im a strong proponent of the theory that you can find more drugs in a suburban high school than in the city.

pistols
04-18-2006, 11:34 PM

I haven't even heard them, that mean I'm in the clear? Haha

Anyway, I was giving what I posted before some thought, I would probably sleep around with people I'm not going out with, but I'd at least know them (for some reason, but I'm not sure why)

hardrock1315
04-18-2006, 11:36 PM
I got to get a bike...

Ive also always had similar views on drug use, do it while your young. I was talking with my 24 year old cousin this weekend, and he told me to have my fun in high school. He said the best times hes ever had with substances were when he was 16 and buying acid at lunch. And, Im a strong proponent of the theory that you can find more drugs in a suburban high school than in the city.

So, so true. You can find basically anything you want easily in my school.

RockThe40oz
04-19-2006, 01:47 PM
yeah, one time me and my friends found some stuff and got accused that it was ours by the cops. We were about 14 at the time and nothing really happened. just our parents had to pick us up at the police station.

it pretty much sucked though.

Haha. I was arrested at 15 for pot.

Charges got dropped because the cop decided it was acceptable at the time to put his boot on the back of my head and begin to apply pressure while I was face down in sawdust.

Cops are geniuses...

johnnynemo
04-19-2006, 02:56 PM
I had the opposite experience involving a cop and pot when I was 15.

Some friends and I got busted for poking smot at school and the principal called the cops.
The cops came, saw that it was a small amount (tiny lil bud), and told the principal to handle it, as the cops had real crime to fight and left.
The principal couldn't believe it and we all laughed our a$$es off.

The best part was that my friend had an ounce on him, but the principal never bothered to check him, after he had voluntarily given the lil bud up.
Classic.

Prince
04-19-2006, 10:24 PM
Some friends and I got busted for poking smot at school and the principal called the cops.
The cops came, saw that it was a small amount (tiny lil bud), and told the principal to handle it, as the cops had real crime to fight and left.
The principal couldn't believe it and we all laughed our a$$es off.

wow, i guess times have changed quite a bit

johnnynemo
04-20-2006, 10:44 AM
Well.....yes and no.

Yes, in that we got lucky and the cop was an ex-hippy who let us go.
Also, since this was pre-Columbine (not to mention all the other school shootings), schools weren't officially prisons yet.

No, because we had the whole "drug free school zone" laws and the school went ape$hit when it came to punishment.
We got suspended for months, then we were sent to in-school suspension for a month, and then we were enrolled in a drug rehab program.
We all had to appear before the school board and kiss their collective a$$es not to be expelled.

They really wanted to pursue legal channels, and it was only the fact that none of us was 18, it was a misdemeanors worth of reefer, and that there was no "intent to distribute", that stopped them.

After we started attending classes again, they even brought in some narcs to try and entrap us into selling them some stuff, to no avail.

I had been an editor on my school's newspaper, and I was stripped of that privilege and many of my teachers openly made derisive comments about me and my fellow hoodlum friends and watched us like hawks.
Luckily, we didn't care at all.

SGRocker0791
04-20-2006, 11:02 AM

Same.

NOFX-AquaCrack
04-20-2006, 08:39 PM
i dont do drugs or smoke, but im not STRAIGHT EDGE

FerretsAreFunky
04-21-2006, 05:28 PM
I am, but I'm not some skinheaded dumb-ass mosh metal guy. Earth Crisis blows, and such. I don't have a gang, and I only know one other straight-edger. I am in no way militant, and I don't care if you drink or whatever, as long as it doesn't affect me.

R0CKER1220
04-21-2006, 05:34 PM
I don't drink or smoke, i plan tonever smoke but i'll probably drink a little once i'm of(or near)age, i don't consider myself straight edge though.

PS. i don't have sex either

NOFX_JustinSane
04-22-2006, 12:57 PM
No, im sure a few people are straight edge though

TiMaRmStRoNg101
04-22-2006, 06:35 PM
"Straight Edge is not a movement"

I'm straight edge.
But only because I'm scene.

.. I really am straight edge though

BassNewbie
04-23-2006, 12:00 AM
Im strait edge, poeple always ask my why i dont curse or drink. i dont have an answer yet

sargasm
04-23-2006, 01:42 AM
Im strait edge, poeple always ask my why i dont curse or drink. i dont have an answer yet

You're not straight edge.

waterproofpie
04-23-2006, 09:35 AM
He's STRAIT edge.

As in he fully supports water masses,
such as the Baltic Straits
or the ever popular Strait of Dardanelles

Duh.

TiMaRmStRoNg101
04-23-2006, 10:42 AM

Ohhhhh fiddlesticks!
shut the flubba up!

johnnynemo
04-24-2006, 09:18 AM
He's STRAIT edge.

Duh.

Hahahahaha.

Straits of Magellan represent !

MrLucky77713
04-24-2006, 11:04 AM
Live fast, die young. Fuck straight egde.

gdawg3001
04-24-2006, 08:30 PM
I think it's better, in the long run, if you're gonna run wild, to do it while you're young.

Many of the guys I knew who were straight edge when they were young, went to college and became some of the worst drunks/druggie scumbags you've ever seen.

Since I was getting drunk in 8th grade, I got bored with it by about age 19.

Obviously your best bet is to not let yourself get out of hand or get addicted to any chemical at any age, but that's rarely what people do.

it all depends on what happens to you in life. one reason your straight-edge friends use drugs and drank alcohol later in life could of been that they're depressed beause of relationships, parents, etc. it has nothing to do if you started doing drugs early in life. it could also depend on how easily you fall to peer pressure. it sounds like your straight-edge friends fell into peer pressure. in their younger years they were probablly pressure into being straight-edge. while in college, which clearly has a greater amount of drinking, could have pressured them into drinking. also the stress of college, maybe they wanted to drink it away.

VodkaPunk
04-24-2006, 08:40 PM
Straight edge kids are so funny.
Aaahhahaha.
Make me laugh.

' You never know unless you try '

YAY_FOR_PIE
04-24-2006, 09:30 PM
Same here.

grego
04-24-2006, 10:41 PM
I smoke I drink and if I had a chance for sex id take it...I don't do drugs anymore tho but im not agisnt them

psychodelia
04-24-2006, 10:55 PM
I don't call myself straight-edge. I don't do drugs, I don't get drunk. Most of my friends do, and people figure since I play music and listen to metal or punk or prog that I must. I don't flaunt the fact that I don't do these things, it's just my choice.

johnnynemo
04-25-2006, 12:45 PM
it all depends on what happens to you in life. one reason your straight-edge friends use drugs and drank alcohol later in life could of been that they're depressed beause of relationships, parents, etc. it has nothing to do if you started doing drugs early in life. it could also depend on how easily you fall to peer pressure. it sounds like your straight-edge friends fell into peer pressure. in their younger years they were probablly pressure into being straight-edge. while in college, which clearly has a greater amount of drinking, could have pressured them into drinking. also the stress of college, maybe they wanted to drink it away.

I agree, although, I believe that they did it because they were sheep.
They were herded like sheep into becoming straight edge, and then, in college, they were herded into drinking/drugging, or whatever their frat brothers told them to do.

The stress of college?
I found college to be ALOT easier than high school.

gdawg3001
04-25-2006, 10:21 PM
I agree, although, I believe that they did it because they were sheep.
They were herded like sheep into becoming straight edge, and then, in college, they were herded into drinking/drugging, or whatever their frat brothers told them to do.

The stress of college?
I found college to be ALOT easier than high school.

well put, they probablly were sheep.

well for some people, maybe the thought of "this is your future, this is it" will get into their heads. and then they'll journey out into the ****ed up world of capitalism. yay!

misfitsdisciple
04-26-2006, 08:54 PM
He's STRAIT edge.

Duh.

Dire Straits too, dont forget them... :-P

I'VE GONE STRAIT EDGE!!!

Don't Swim! Don't Pollute! Don't Pee in the water!

SkunkerXE
04-26-2006, 10:07 PM
in my opinion, straight edge is choosing not to do something thats bad for you. people at my school act like if you dont drink or smoke pot, your not cool. so i tell them im straight edge so they leave me alone, im not gonna let them make fun of me for not wanting to go out everynight not knowing what im doing and almost getting killed. its also a way to immortalize the band Minor Threat, who kick major hardcore ass by the way

minorthreat123
04-26-2006, 10:19 PM
in my opinion, straight edge is choosing not to do something thats bad for you. people at my school act like if you dont drink or smoke pot, your not cool. so i tell them im straight edge so they leave me alone, im not gonna let them make fun of me for not wanting to go out everynight not knowing what im doing and almost getting killed. its also a way to immortalize the band Minor Threat, who kick major hardcore ass by the way

yes, minor threat is ****ing awesome.

waterproofpie
04-26-2006, 10:31 PM
Dire Straits too, dont forget them... :-P

I'VE GONE STRAIT EDGE!!!

Don't Swim! Don't Pollute! Don't Pee in the water!

Its in my eyes!
And the salt water burns me that way!

punk-in-drublic
04-27-2006, 02:29 PM
I'm a stoner but i can respect strait edge.

Chaise Boogie
04-27-2006, 02:49 PM
I've drank, done drugs, cursed and touched my girlfriends 'kitty' all in the past month. I'm not straighedge, but I'm no trouble making badass either.

johnnynemo
04-27-2006, 02:56 PM
When did "not cursing" become part of being straight edge?
Ian used lots of profanity in Minor Threat.

Is it because of the influence of the Christian hardcore bands, like Brother's Keeper?

angusfenderbend
04-27-2006, 05:19 PM
yeah, thats exactly what it is. but scene kids have taken it and made it something its not.
exactly

Unbending_Soul
04-27-2006, 09:49 PM
permiscuous sex? i thought it was any pre-marital sex..i'm not sXe...i'm a Christian so i dont do these things and if you want to say im sXe go for it but thats not what i am

gdawg3001
04-28-2006, 01:41 AM
When did "not cursing" become part of being straight edge?
Ian used lots of profanity in Minor Threat.

Is it because of the influence of the Christian hardcore bands, like Brother's Keeper?

probablly, and i bet you more "sheep" have become christian as well, because its "scene". its appalling how scene kids dont know where straight-edge comes from, nor do they know where hardcore came from. i just want to walk up to a group of scene kids and ask them "who started hardcore?" and just laugh at them

misfitsdisciple
04-30-2006, 12:42 PM
what i do is.
1. Not walk up to scene kids.
2. Not look at scene kids
3. Not be near scene kids.
works pretty well for me, i mean except for the few that go to my school, but they can shove it. follow more fads. i hope the next fad has something to do with ripping your butthole open and shoving ten pound weights up there. i would actually like to see that from the fad followers.

MattTheArsonist
04-30-2006, 12:45 PM
I think it's funny how they're making so many rules for "straight edge" nowadays, when Ian MacKaye specifically said in the song Out of Step, "this is no set of rules". Since when did not cussing and veganism become part of straight edge?

whyvern
04-30-2006, 07:02 PM
veganism has been a part of straight edge since the early 90's.

no cussing has been a part of it since a couple years ago when ****ed up Christian "hardcore" kids brought their influence to straigt-edge "hardcore"...

**** them though.

sargasm
04-30-2006, 07:35 PM

no cussing has been a part of it since a couple years ago when ****ed up Christian "hardcore" kids brought their influence to straigt-edge "hardcore"...

**** them though.

I've never even eard of not cussing being part of straight-edge. Lame.

MrLucky77713
04-30-2006, 11:32 PM

**** them though.

Doesn't mean it SHOULD have been brought in during the 90s. Those damn kids are bloody unbearable.

mike2
05-01-2006, 12:41 AM
what is hard-line and the difference between straightedge?

sargasm
05-01-2006, 01:34 AM
what is hard-line and the difference between straightedge?

Hardline is straight edgers who act out violently against those who don't agree with their beliefs.

It's a terrible thing, and real straight edgers don't like being associated with it.

misfitsdisciple
05-01-2006, 09:50 PM
pretty much little bitches looking for fights.

BrianApocalypse
05-02-2006, 08:15 AM
I don\'t drink (anymore) or do drugs but I do smoke 1-5 fags a day.

Freakapotamus
05-04-2006, 09:19 PM
i only drink on occasion for that fun dazed feeling, ive smoked weed a couple times but i didnt have fun either time so im not looking to do it again, and cigarettes are just stupid. but I also dont believe in waiting till your married.

so all in all im probably 50/50 straight edge lol

deantrantham111
05-05-2006, 11:46 PM
I know this one dude who won't drink, smoke, or take any drugs (including tylenol). Its cool to
be straight edge but the whole tylenol thing seems a little excessive.

misfitsdisciple
05-06-2006, 10:37 AM
yeah when he gets colon cancer from food he eats, let him reject the meds they try to give him to save him.. im pretty sure he wont be strait edge after that.

wigi
05-07-2006, 12:02 AM

Sure, it's a way to immortalize Minor Threat, but they didn't make the whole sXe scene, they just helped it become popular. They got it out of DC, they didn't make it up.

I'm edge and proud of it. Don't drink, smoke, do drugs (paracetamol and the **** excluded) or you know, that whole 'have sex with randoms'. But I don't push it onto anyone. I go out with my mates and sit there while they drink and smoke and do weed and ****, but I don't try and stop them. It's their life. I just look after them.

emokid182
05-08-2006, 12:07 AM
Yeah the straight edge scene is so shady now theres no use in anybody claiming. Everybody has taken it and screwed it up and reclaimed and such. It's just a huge fad to make yourself look cool anymore. Most of the time today when kids become edge its not going against the crowd like it used to be, its becomming the crowd. It really bothers me what happened to somthing once so great.

I guess technically I'm still edge, but i stopped calling myself edge for the above listed reasons

GNR-4-Ever
05-08-2006, 05:12 AM
sigh...straight edge. I have never heard of it until recently...and I regret that I found out what it was. Personally, I think people should live righteous lives (though I don't), but godamn don't shove it in my face.

Also, I agree that the straight edge scene is becoming shady...it seems almost evil and maligned. Pretty soon they may spawn terrorism....sheesh.

ultimate_punk
05-08-2006, 10:37 AM
A drink a bit
I've smoked a couple of times
I'm neither sXe, or anti- Sxe

It doesnt really bother me

rockeroller
05-08-2006, 11:12 AM
ive had alchohol a few times but not near enough to get drunk. i have never smoked anything or done any drugs.

i am not straight edge, and i dont really take a stance on that subject except that i dont really care. maybe ill try stuff but whatever.

(off topic) ultimate_punk, about your title thing whats brown and sticky?.....A STICK!!!! (thats my favorite joke on the entire face of the earth)

swansareroadkil
05-08-2006, 12:36 PM
i dont drink, smoke, or do drugs
dont think i will (mebe drink on occasion)
i dont go around preaching it
never called myself straight edge either

misfitsdisciple
05-08-2006, 04:11 PM
while ago at midnight movies over the summer my friend (hes a pretty arrogant kid sometimes) was making fun of the straight edge kids, and then they beat him up. it was quite funny, but i thought it was stupid for them not to be able to take a few jokes.

MattTheArsonist
05-08-2006, 07:43 PM
Were they hardliners that beat your friend up?

misfitsdisciple
05-08-2006, 08:56 PM
they called themselves straight edge. just some trendy hipster little bitches. where i am nothing really makes sense either. people do stupid **** that is hypocritical all the time, IE: governor of a town being a corrupt bastard and being exposed, then being reelected. this is the area where some of the worst race riots happened in teh 1960s and 1970s. i dont understand people and i probably never will.

emokidsdelirium
05-14-2006, 04:29 PM
I was.
Then I discovered drugs.
haha me too.lol :D