Problems

PDA

View Full Version : Problems

obey_yourmaster
04-17-2006, 09:26 PM
I just started a band, and we all like different kinds of music. Me and the rythym guitartist (im lead by the way) like Lamb of God, Metallica, Nirvana, etc. The drummer likes Blink 182, Boxcar Racers, FM Static, etc. You guys got any suggestions on what type of music we should play?

Archaon
04-17-2006, 09:37 PM
I don't understand, why do you ask random people on the internet? Decide for yourselves. Come to an equal decision.

Failing that, play backstreet boys' songs. Hey, you asked for a suggestion...
Don't expect everyone to hold your hand and tell you what to do throughout life.

obey_yourmaster
04-17-2006, 09:43 PM
I mean, there's gotta be something between those styles of music!

Drop-A
04-20-2006, 07:58 PM
Im in a similar position to you, my drummer and bass player like soft hardcore type stuff and i like metalcore. but im bassicaly the band leader, so i right the music and make the most of the decisions. so i bassicaly tell them that were playing the stuff in their style when really were playing metalcore with an occasional section in their style. my point is that all it takes is a bit of compromising and manipulating to get your way.....hope all of that makes sense, most importantly dont stress too much over it. its good to have variety aswell have fun and Good Luck :cheers:

Rattlehead.90
04-20-2006, 08:58 PM
we all like different kinds of music. Me and the rythym guitartist (im lead by the way) like Lamb of God, Metallica, Nirvana, etc. The drummer likes Blink 182, Boxcar Racers, FM Static, etc.

Same in my group man, i'm a metalhead and the lead singer and bassist claim to be metal...yet their favourite bands are those such as Green Day.

I don't know what to do in your position man...perhaps try to find some common ground and work on that?