The Small Faces

PDA

View Full Version : The Small Faces

VoodooChild15
04-17-2006, 09:37 PM
Does anyone have any material from this band and feel like sending it my way? I couldn't find the CD Trades thread, otherwise I'd be asking there. Just to make this thread legit, is anyone a fan? I remember meaning to check them out back over the summer after reading about them in a Mod-themed issue of NME, but never got around to it. This morning I found that very magazine under my bed, and was reminded. I previewed a couple of their CDs on iTunes, and I absolutely loved it. So please, discuss this band/send me their albums.

rayIII
04-17-2006, 09:50 PM
oh, you mean the one with Rod Stewart and Ron Wood and did "ooh la la"? (or was that just The Faces? or are they the same thing?!? :wtf: )

VoodooChild15
04-17-2006, 09:52 PM
That was The Faces. The Small Faces had Steve Marriot. Their only American hit was Itchycoo Park, but I think they were decently big in Britain.

ufossuck
04-17-2006, 10:11 PM
The Samll Face later became The Faces when Ron Wood and Rod Stewart joined. I just recently started listening to them after hearing "Stay With Me." Of course all P2P programs are full of retards who mislabel songs. I typed in Faces to get "Stay With Me" and found it was labeled as Rod Stewart and the Small Faces. So then I found out about The Small Faces and figured I'd download some of their stuff. So now I love the song "Itchycoo Park" and will have to go to A&B Sound and pick up a compilation of theirs.

master
04-17-2006, 10:47 PM
I only have their self-titled album. I can send it to you if you like. Is e-mail ok? I can send it through www.yousendit.com. what's the address?

VoodooChild15
04-18-2006, 10:19 AM
TheGroovyOne@gmail.com. Thanks heaps, master.

groll01
04-18-2006, 11:14 AM
i been meanin to make a small face/faces thread, there like my 3rd fav band! ogdens nuts gone flake is a must have for EVERYONE! some ppl consider it the first rock oprea

VoodooChild15
04-18-2006, 12:28 PM
^Feel like sending it to me, then?

smokeebunny
05-04-2006, 02:12 AM
hey if you want, i could maybe burn you a copy of their from BBC, there live stuff is very awesome i must add to say the least