Badfinger

PDA

View Full Version : Badfinger

JethroTullfan72
04-17-2006, 10:22 PM
Anybody like them? I recently got into them after i was in a band that opened for a concert featuring Joey Molland, a Badfinger member.

Can anyone suggest any albums to get by Badfinger?

Greenfinger182
04-17-2006, 10:24 PM
I've never heard of badfinger...but I know GreenFinger is awesome.

812many
04-17-2006, 10:29 PM
never heard of badfinger...

Bmm386
04-17-2006, 10:41 PM
Badfinger is alright, a bit of a 1 hit wonder.

The only song i know is No Matter What.

TheHeartbreaker
04-18-2006, 05:32 PM
They've got some really catchy stuff. They were given a record deal with the same company that did The Beatles (and I think someone who worked with The Beatles was their manager too).

I can't really think of any songs right now, but I do remember I enjoy their stuff quite a bit. I've only got their Greatest Hits, but it's definetly worth it.

I know one of the members committed suicide, though. Poor guy. :sad:

trey-col89
04-18-2006, 05:33 PM
They were the first none Beatle band signed to Apple Records... and they were pretty good.

Antroid
04-18-2006, 05:44 PM
I quite like them i got to hear about through my dad going on about when he was a teenager (in Liverpool) and he saw them lve and said they were ace... i think i remembering him saying they were playing with cream but im not sure.

VoodooChild15
04-18-2006, 08:20 PM
They've got some really catchy stuff. They were given a record deal with the same company that did The Beatles (and I think someone who worked with The Beatles was their manager too).

I can't really think of any songs right now, but I do remember I enjoy their stuff quite a bit. I've only got their Greatest Hits, but it's definetly worth it.

I know one of the members committed , though. Poor guy. :sad:

If memory serves, George gave their guitarist his SG. I've never heard anything from them, though, I've only seen them mentioned in Beatles-related books.

rocknroll blues
04-18-2006, 09:48 PM
To quote the Rock Snob's Dictionary:

"Badfinger: Ill-starred Power-pop quartet signed to the Beatles' Apple Records under the aegis of mentor Paul McCartney, who saw them as heirs to his rupturing group - a patently flawed premise nevertheless embraced today by Revisionist [Rock] Snobs."

:haha

A boy band, really.

kep189
04-22-2006, 11:20 PM
Badfinger is a good band, not very "mainstream", a bit overshadowed by the Beatles but who wasn't.

jimiange
04-23-2006, 09:18 PM
Two of the original band that had a few hits committed suicide.
Their biggest hit is Day After Day. and another written by Mcartney, Come And Get It.

scflyer55
01-21-2008, 08:50 PM
Two of the original band that had a few hits committed suicide.
Their biggest hit is Day After Day. and another written by Mcartney, Come And Get It. AND: "No Matter What" & "Baby Blue"

I always liked them. I just got back into them, I remember hearing them in HS early 70's.
I picked "Day After Day" to learn and made a :o backing track. I am working on the proper lead guitar after seeing some youtube vid's of them. I was surprised how much there was, even the later waning years after Peter Ham.

I am the Drake
01-21-2008, 09:05 PM
I like Them.

diky
01-23-2008, 11:16 AM
It's a great band,and i love one of there song------carry on till tomorrow