Dead to Fall

PDA

View Full Version : Dead to Fall

SilentSpectacle
04-18-2006, 10:20 AM
Amazing metalcore out of Chicago. They're getting quite a fanbase too. Many of you will say, "generic!" but for me theres something unique about them I can't put a finger on.

www.myspace.com/deadtofall

_Clayman
04-18-2006, 01:06 PM
way to be 4 years late

they've had a fanbase for a long time. i even got to play a show with them about 3 years ago. very good dudes, i support them even if the lineup changes every week

bloodstained
04-18-2006, 04:45 PM
way to be 4 years late

they've had a fanbase for a long time. i even got to play a show with them about 3 years ago. very good dudes, i support them even if the lineup changes every week

Do you have your head that far up your ass?

Seriously, if you didn't know these guys, you would be saying something similar to what you had said in the Thursday thread before it got closed.

hXcMacbeth3
04-18-2006, 05:18 PM
yeah ive known about them for a long time(not trying to sound like i know everything, just saying its not like they are a new band) and yeah their not bad, new stuff sounds good as well

shai_savant
04-18-2006, 05:21 PM
way to be 4 years late

haha your right i've seen them 6 times they are awsome they play awsome shows but a lot of people think that they are boring the record release show was tight and yeah the line up does change but they are like a super group now

SilentSpectacle
04-18-2006, 06:24 PM
I never said I just heard about them either, you jackass.
But when you're as far away from Chicago as I am (Southern California) and when you live in the middle of nowhere (Camarillo) it's not very often that you find a decent band with a fanbase.

benchiefjr
04-18-2006, 06:28 PM
i think their new cd is disappointing...i haven't really listened to it all the way through for awhile though, so who knows.

SilentSpectacle
04-18-2006, 06:34 PM
i think their new cd is disappointing...i haven't really listened to it all the way through for awhile though, so who knows.

I really like it. My favorite is probably Smoke and Mirrors.

tinblimp9340
04-18-2006, 06:48 PM
The new cd is by far heavier than V&V....Their new guitarist Aaron used to be in this sick metal band from around here (nehemiah) but left for dead to fall. the phoenix throne bears almost no resemblance to Villiany and Vurtue..

SilentSpectacle
04-18-2006, 06:54 PM
^ I think it's kind of fun how since the members switch around between each album, it makes each album different (usually for the better in my opinion)

Combat
04-18-2006, 07:21 PM
new cd is definately better then their older work. i havent got it yet though.

AcidBath443
04-18-2006, 11:10 PM
Saw them opening for Obituary and Napalm Death a while back. Not too bad, I just don't like when people tack on a hardcore or metalcore band at a metal show. My old drummer used to be really into them acctually. The singer seems like a nice guy too I talked to him a bit before their set started.

shai_savant
04-19-2006, 12:00 AM
The new cd is by far heavier than V&V....Their new guitarist Aaron used to be in this sick metal band from around here (nehemiah) but left for dead to fall. the phoenix throne bears almost no resemblance to Villiany and Vurtue..
like i said they are like a super group now

_Clayman
04-19-2006, 12:11 AM
holy crap i love being hated

i have always dug this band, and as long as jon hunt is good to me and my friends, i always will. you kids are nerds.

bloodstained
04-19-2006, 01:34 AM

i have always dug this band, and as long as jon hunt is good to me and my friends, i always will. you kids are nerds.

I don't hate you; you can't hate someone over the internet because you?re judging someone over minor qualities shown on an internet board? that is stupid. I just think your head is up your arse. And you spill so much bullsh*t on how much you apparently know about "real" hardcore, yet give me and many other on this board 3 seconds into your music tastes, "real" hardcore will then be something you have no real grasp on.

_Clayman
04-19-2006, 02:05 AM
i like dead to fall so i dont know what real hardcore is?

**** you kid. you dont know the first thing about hardcore. i mean the life. i know what i'm talkin about because i've BTDT, you're 15 or whatever trying to look real cool by loving bands from the 80's. i respect that stuff but its not my bag. you didnt even live a day in the 80's, i'm willing to bet.

i know what real hardcore is. as a kid i watched my uncles videos he taped of black flag and minor threat playing shows together when he was my age. hardcore - i grew up around it, played it, supported it, and lived it. shut your sheltered suburban face. ill be damned if some homo tries to tell me what hardcore is. know your **** before you spit, sally.

shai_savant
04-19-2006, 02:48 AM

why would you not like them just because they wouldn't be "good to you and your friends" which i'm sure they always will be......so if you didn't know them personally you wouldn't like them?

PacoWang
04-19-2006, 03:20 AM
Yeah, I don't know what's going on at all in this thread but I listened to that band a long time ago (I do know everything and I'm trying to sound like I do) and they still weren't good.

I listened to their new stuff and it also wasn't good.

PacoWang
04-19-2006, 03:21 AM
why would you not like them just because they wouldn't be "good to you and your friends" which i'm sure they always will be......so if you didn't know them personally you wouldn't like them?

It's kinda like if we weren't gay you wouldn't like me.

Get it?

shai_savant
04-19-2006, 04:32 AM
It's kinda like if we weren't gay you wouldn't like me.

Get it?
no

bloodstained
04-19-2006, 06:22 AM
i like dead to fall so i dont know what real hardcore is?

**** you kid. you dont know the first thing about hardcore. i mean the life. i know what i'm talkin about because i've BTDT, you're 15 or whatever trying to look real cool by loving bands from the 80's. i respect that stuff but its not my bag. you didnt even live a day in the 80's, i'm willing to bet.

i know what real hardcore is. as a kid i watched my uncles videos he taped of black flag and minor threat playing shows together when he was my age. hardcore - i grew up around it, played it, supported it, and lived it. shut your sheltered suburban face. ill be damned if some homo tries to tell me what hardcore is. know your **** before you spit, sally.

First thing man, I'm 17; you're a year or two years older then me. Plus I've grown all around hardcore. I've been listening to Minor Threat since I was nine. My relatives took me to the first Australian Fugazi tour in the early 90's. And I'm not saying that just cause you like "Dead to Fall" you are not real hardcore, just in any other thread about any other generic metalcore band, no bet, you would be slandering the band and the person who made the thread and no doubt if the person called them hardcore you would come back and say, there not hardcore this is hardcore. That is what I'm talking about dude. And plus, don't give me this sh*t about you living the hardcore life. You listen to some of the most militant hardcore bands, and you've admitted to fighting for the fun of it, that isn't hardcore man. That is a joke.

Also you don?t know my financial situation, so don?t spill this whole ?suburban? white boy **** on me, because no doubt, I?ve been through way more hardship then you can ever think of.

_Clayman
04-19-2006, 11:39 AM
I highly, highly doubt that.

You don't know how things work up here. Faggots like you get stomped on a nightly basis because you try to sound like you know what you're talkin about, tryin to call out people and such. You're the joke. Fighting is a neccesary evil of hardcore, something your pansy ass would know nothing about, being a gay man in a fruity neighborhood. You wouldn't last a minute in NEPA, or Philly, or south jersey.

Hardship. **** you. You look like you've been through about as much Paris Hilton. I'm sure Australia is such a rough ****in place full of hard dudes lookin to rob your house or have a gunfight right outside it. That's what it's like here. You could not sound more out of touch.

Until you've experienced east coast hardcore, you don't know a ****ing thing. Choke on a dick, mary.

PiNk_ThE_pUnK
04-19-2006, 11:52 AM
*gets the popcorn and a good seat*

Craigo
04-19-2006, 02:17 PM
Ha...

So seeing people with guns make you feel like a BIG man?

I'm 15. But old enough to know eough about the scene. I've been to many local ones and beginning to go out further to check out better bands.

That's all you need to enjoy and be hardcore ****face. Age is nothing - on or off thes scene - so don't use it to begin off every argument. That seems to be the only back up you have about from "it's/you aren't real hardcore".

_Clayman
04-19-2006, 03:59 PM
Ha...

So seeing people with guns make you feel like a BIG man?

I'm 15. But old enough to know eough about the scene. I've been to many local ones and beginning to go out further to check out better bands.

That's all you need to enjoy and be hardcore ****face. Age is nothing - on or off thes scene - so don't use it to begin off every argument. That seems to be the only back up you have about from "it's/you aren't real hardcore".
you discounted your point right away. shut up. and some drug dealers shot each other up in front of my place a couple years ago, a couple wounded ones fell in my back door beggin for me to call 911. i did, and to protect my sisters i had to grab a gun myself and hold down the fort. call me a liar all you want, **** was in the paper and everything.

grow up, kid. then you can run that mouth.

LedZeppelin
04-19-2006, 04:14 PM
Uh... awesome. Anybody listen to the music?

Combat
04-19-2006, 05:26 PM
Uh... awesome. Anybody listen to the music?
exactly what i was thinking.

PiNk_ThE_pUnK
04-19-2006, 05:29 PM
Come on guys this is UG, did you expect anyone to actually listen to the band in the topic?

hXcMacbeth3
04-19-2006, 05:48 PM
Until you've experienced east coast hardcore, you don't know a ****ing thing. Choke on a dick, mary.

thats terribly ignorant

anyway...does anyone know what album "broken path" is on, i love that song...oh yeah im talking about the band dead to fall in case anyone has forgotten

shai_savant
04-19-2006, 06:30 PM
thats terribly ignorant

anyway...does anyone know what album "broken path" is on, i love that song...oh yeah im talking about the band dead to fall in case anyone has forgotten
no your not cause it's not on any of the cds

_Clayman
04-19-2006, 06:59 PM
i think its a demo track, and a weak one at that

shai_savant
04-19-2006, 07:04 PM
all the demo tracks aren't to good from what i've heard

SilentSpectacle
04-19-2006, 07:07 PM
you didnt even live a day in the 80's, i'm willing to bet.

Oh, so your 3 years in the 80's really made you xtuffx I guess?
Get a life.

Living in some ghetto ass neighboorhood doesn't have anything to do with music.
Age does have something to do with the music IF IT'S ACTUALLY SIGNIFICANT, because you must have been listening to some heavy **** the two years you have on me.

More-so than me disliking your attitude in all your posts, you never post anything worth value of reading. You never input to the conversation at all, you just make some asshole remark.

I hate arguing over the Internet, it's dumb and there's no real point to it, but when you're going to just go out and insult/antagonize people in most of your posts, I don't really see any way to avoid it.

EDIT: And before you say "you started it", I know I did, but I and everyone else is sick of you.

_Clayman
04-19-2006, 07:14 PM
Oh, so your 3 years in the 80's really made you xtuffx I guess?
Get a life.
i dont use the decade to identify who i am. nice try doucheo

Gomorrah
04-19-2006, 08:23 PM
white boy suburban core ftw.

You gotta fight to be hardcore lololol. Yeah brass knuckles guns knifes hell yea.

Clayman what does your story have to do with hardcore?

Dai please don't close this

so yeah about Dead To Fall.

_Clayman
04-19-2006, 08:51 PM
nerdball was tryin to call me out on not having it hard. i replied. **** your mother?

Gomorrah
04-19-2006, 08:57 PM
I challenge you to a street fight. I need some scene points so everyone can think im tough so i can be accepted in the hardcore community.

_Clayman
04-19-2006, 08:58 PM
lame ass

i never said fighting made you cool or accepted. it just happens. watch boston beatdown and learn a thing or two.

Gomorrah
04-19-2006, 09:07 PM
The fights that take place in Boston Beatdown are necessary?

_Clayman
04-19-2006, 09:25 PM
people talk ****, they're taken care of. i dont see the extravagance in that.

hXcMacbeth3
04-19-2006, 10:00 PM
no your not cause it's not on any of the cds

not trying to be a jerk-off...but yeah i am, i realized about an hour after i posted that it was one of the demo tracks, and yeah the recording quality on it wasnt great but its still a good song

Primate-Primus
04-19-2006, 11:06 PM
Dead to Fall is pretty good, they're fun live but I don't think I'd buy their cd.

bloodstained
04-19-2006, 11:37 PM
lame ass

i never said fighting made you cool or accepted. it just happens. watch boston beatdown and learn a thing or two.

No self respecting hardcore pioneer agrees with the acts on Boston Beatdown. There has been interviews with Ray Cappo, Ian Mackaye, Henry Rollins, Brian Baker etc. all asking relevant questions to the documentary and violence occurring at shows. They all disagree with it. And plus, living in a violent neighborhood is a provoking factor to hardship, not a direct one. Why??? Because it is easily fixable, change your neighborhood for the better, or move out. That simple, don?t say it isn't, cause it's been done many times before.

This is one of the best threads ever.

shai_savant
04-20-2006, 12:37 AM
No self respecting hardcore pioneer agrees with the acts on Boston Beatdown. There has been interviews with Ray Cappo, Ian Mackaye, Henry Rollins, Brian Baker etc. all asking relevant questions to the documentary and violence occurring at shows. They all disagree with it. And plus, living in a violent neighborhood is a provoking factor to hardship, not a direct one. Why??? Because it is easily fixable, change your neighborhood for the better, or move out. That simple, don?t say it isn't, cause it's been done many times before.

he can't just move out that's almost just as ignorant as him telling everyone to learn hardcore

bloodstained
04-20-2006, 04:43 PM
Yeah, I strongly disagree with you on that one.

Shifty155
04-20-2006, 05:41 PM
Like a Bullet = pwn.

_Clayman
04-20-2006, 08:16 PM

Easily fixable? Really? You wanna come on down and clean the streets up, Spider Man?

Tell that to Boston and Philly, where violence has been a part of life since those towns were founded. You know nothing about america, either. Tons of people question a documentary on violence, but thats opinion. Ian Magoo isn't god, nerd. Not everyhting he thinks or says is the golden truth.

bloodstained
04-20-2006, 11:26 PM
If it wasn't for him, I doubt there would even be a Boston scene dickhead.

Because you see, Ray Cappo, DYS, Minor Threat influence to the core??

Comprehend?

shai_savant
04-20-2006, 11:41 PM
dude like i understand that Clayman is an asshole and everything but i can see both sides and honestly just because minor threat and ian mckaye started it all doesn't mean that anyone should ****ing like him i think that minor threat is not a good band i don't like minor threat and just because they started it doesnt mean that anyone should really care what they think

hardcore is about thinking for your self as well as unity and what not bull **** and you two obviously have very different point of views

so why doesn't we all just smoke some weed get a long and stop the bickering

Gomorrah
04-20-2006, 11:43 PM
Lets hear it for us who didn't go to school today, LOL.

_Clayman
04-21-2006, 12:45 AM
If it wasn't for him, I doubt there would even be a Boston scene dickhead.

Because you see, Ray Cappo, DYS, Minor Threat influence to the core??

Comprehend?
yeah faggot i get it, but first doesnt mean best. thats like saying the model t is the best car ever because its the first one everyone could have. get off the 80's **** long enough to realize that most of that **** sucked anyway, save for a handful of truly inspirational and important bands. minor threat is a fun listen but i don't see it as the holy grail of hardcore punk. ****ing get off it queer

bloodstained
04-21-2006, 01:48 AM
Would you rather everyone else listen to Blood for Blood, Madball and Blacklisted. No thank you...

Get off this sadistic homophobic bull****, it makes you sound like more of an ass.

Smoothie
04-21-2006, 09:03 AM
dude like i understand that Clayman is an asshole and everything but i can see both sides and honestly just because minor threat and ian mckaye started it all doesn't mean that anyone should ****ing like him i think that minor threat is not a good band i don't like minor threat and just because they started it doesnt mean that anyone should really care what they think

Rofl that paragraph alone says the same things over and over again :p:

And Clayman, you need a hug, here, let's all give him a hug, and while we're at it, let's get him a puppy for extra love.

The fights in Boston Beatdown are actually pretty funny... The interviews too lol.

And bloodstained, gay people suck. And I'm not homophobic, actually I hate that word, it's gay.

_Clayman
04-21-2006, 07:09 PM
Would you rather everyone else listen to Blood for Blood, Madball and Blacklisted. No thank you...

Get off this sadistic homophobic bull****, it makes you sound like more of an ass.
you're losing steam, donghuffer. i also care about sounding like an ass. really, i do. its the reason i post such safe and agreeable opinions.

PiNk_ThE_pUnK
04-21-2006, 07:14 PM
And just to clear something up Minor Threat weren't the first hardcore band, DOA was they coined the term hardcore on their 1982 release "Hardcore '82" EP.

Gomorrah
04-21-2006, 09:33 PM
thats like saying the model t is the best car ever because its the first one everyone could have.

That comparison is lame and can be used in any arguement when people are debating which is better; old or new.

Gomorrah
04-21-2006, 09:36 PM
And just to clear something up Minor Threat weren't the first hardcore band, DOA was they coined the term hardcore on their 1982 release "Hardcore '82" EP.

Wasn't that hardcore 81? Also I always thought Bad Brains started it in 1980 or 81.

SilentSpectacle
04-21-2006, 09:38 PM
No matter who started it, it still hasn't been a valid arguement for anyone.

bloodstained
04-21-2006, 09:39 PM
Black Flag did, they formed in 1977.

EDIT: Bad Brains started around the same time aswell, though they were more a reggae group then anything then.

_Clayman
04-21-2006, 11:25 PM
That comparison is lame and can be used in any arguement when people are debating which is better; old or new.
hey, you see that, that shiny thing that just flew off into the sky?

that was the point, faggot. off my dick, now. you fail miserably.

bloodstained
04-21-2006, 11:38 PM
hey, you see that, that shiny thing that just flew off into the sky?

that was the point, faggot. off my dick, now. you fail miserably.

For someone that apparently lives in a very violent neighborhood, you do spend a lot of time on the internet.

RHCPhysco8
04-21-2006, 11:42 PM
I saw them last week with Ed Gein and wasn't very impressed.

Ed Gein were awesome though.

_Clayman
04-21-2006, 11:57 PM
For someone that apparently lives in a very violent neighborhood, you do spend a lot of time on the internet.
that doesnt mean a thing. there are people in harlem with the internet and im sure they enjoy it as much as I do.

thats like, strike 2,000. get out of the game kid.

bloodstained
04-22-2006, 03:23 AM
that doesnt mean a thing. there are people in harlem with the internet and im sure they enjoy it as much as I do.

thats like, strike 2,000. get out of the game kid.

Harlem, hahahahahaha?

You arn't being serious are you?

bloodstained
04-22-2006, 09:15 AM
I listened to the new album, it has a huge thrash influence..

PiNk_ThE_pUnK
04-22-2006, 09:25 AM
I was slightly out on the dating of hardcore but the coining of the phrase was right. From American Hardcore: A Tribal History '1976-80 were the Punk and New Wave years; Hardcore happened 1980-86. If Punk peaked in '77, then Hardcore's glory days were '81-82, when it was still undefined and unpredictable.'

becker009
04-24-2006, 02:15 AM
i support clayman. most kids on this site dont really know what real hardcore is about. i mean, kudos to all of you for listening to dtf; theyre an amazing band, despite the changing sound due to lineup changes. but lay off the guy, i believe he is right

becker009
04-24-2006, 02:30 AM
lololololololololololo
oh man this is hilarious stuff

'StoleN'
01-05-2008, 08:22 PM
i like them lots :D:

dinosaurbrocore
01-05-2008, 08:35 PM
Yeah, once more, Everything I Touch Falls To Pieces is awesome as hell.

6_6_6_1_syn
03-10-2008, 09:15 PM
My band's opening for them in April...should be a sick show. They're playing with Impending Doom, Sea of Treachery, and Arsonists Get All the Girls. Born of Osiris (one of my favorite bands) was supposed to play but they're not going to anymore. :(

emr_steelmech
05-16-2008, 02:40 AM
wow I can't believe anyone hasn't posted on their breakup yet...it sucks cause I missed like 4 of their last shows around here, figuring they'd be back again, but now...no more...sigh

I guess that's what happens when you cant have a stable lineup for more than a month...gotta be awfully stressful.

seaofcartilage
05-17-2008, 03:50 AM
my band was booked to open for them and they broke up exactly a week before the show :(

Selkies921
05-17-2008, 12:53 PM
They're alright, I have a few songs from them on my iTunes, not a favorite of mine or anything though. I think this thread's pretty funny though lol.

SilentCivilian8
11-16-2008, 09:50 PM
I love the song all my heroes have failed me

barge1
11-17-2008, 07:57 PM
they stayed at my house. sucks they broke up. really cool guys. apparently logan had a heroin problem...