Joe Satriani, Steve Vai and Yngwie Malmsteen

PDA

View Full Version : Joe Satriani, Steve Vai and Yngwie Malmsteen

Muse-Citizen
04-18-2006, 03:56 PM
Hey guys, i wonder if people could recomend any Joe Satriani, Steve Vai and Yngwie Malmsteen tracks/albums that i could start getting into, i have Vengence by Yngwie Malmsteen, The Audience Is Listening by Steve Vai and Surfing With The Alien by Joe Satriani. Any recomendations will be appreciated

Cheers

metal4all
04-18-2006, 04:03 PM
"for the love of god" and "final guitar solo" by steve vai

uterus
04-18-2006, 04:04 PM
listen to The Rising Force by Yngwie Malmsteem, great album.

Cobalt Blue
04-18-2006, 04:04 PM
G3 Live- Rockin' in the Free World is a decent CD. gives you I think 3 or 4 of each of their tracks played live. and on the second Disc they have the 3 of them playing an extended jam versions of:
Hendrix's - Voodoo Child (Slight Return)
Little Wing

and
Rockin' in the Free World

ArcherTheVMan
04-18-2006, 04:07 PM
for Joe Satriani - the whole surfing with the alien album, The Extremist, Summer Song.

Steve Vai - Dyin' Day, Bad Horsie, im not that familiar with his work.

Yngwie Malmsteen - the Rising Force album, Far Beyond the Sun, Eclipse, Razor Eater Arpeggios From Hell, the Fire & Ice album.

get the G3 DVD with Yngwie Malmsteen thats got em all n its awesome.

i also recommend dragonforce, any of their stuff.

PooKoo
04-18-2006, 04:08 PM
shouldb e in the shred forum prolly.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3593623584137678217&q=g3&pl=true

Johnljones7443
04-18-2006, 04:37 PM
Satriani - Always with me, always with you. Love thing. Ten Words. It's So Good. Friends. Satch Boogie. There's a lot more.

Vai - I Know You're Here. Whispering A Prayer. Building The Church.

Malmsteen - Air On A Theme. Eclipse. Far Beyond The Sun.

Those are my favourites.

If you like those three artists, look into Buckethead (Nottingham Lace. Too Many Humans. Kansas Storm etc) and Eric Johnson (Cliffs Of Dover and Desert Rose are some of my favourites)

And check out G3, namely the one in Denver with Malmsteen, and the one in (forgets where) with Eric Johnson. The one in (forgets where, think it's China/Japan) with John Petrucci is good too.

wasp2020
04-18-2006, 08:07 PM
Just for Satriani - One Big Rush, Lights of Heaven, Day at the Beach, A Love Eternal, Starry Night, The Meaning of Love...many more.