Matt Mays & el torpedo

PDA

View Full Version : Matt Mays & el torpedo

PatrickJR
04-18-2006, 11:19 PM
Well, I am new to the forums, and can't find a thread on these guys.

Anyone listen to em. These guys are great. And I think the future of rock. Their music is awsome, City Of Lakes, On the Hood, and Cocain Cowgirl are just a few of many incredible songs. What you think?

guitarhero5150
04-18-2006, 11:21 PM
man
they are my favorite band right now....seen them when they came here back in november and for snowjam ...it was sweet

tHewHiteHendrix
04-18-2006, 11:27 PM
never heard of em but damn i wanna meet a cocaine cowgirl

SteveDegen
01-08-2007, 11:21 PM
I recently joined just so I could post other Matt Mays and El Torpedo tabs because their isnt enough out there and their music is excellent. Matts first solo album is also excellent but the first band album is even better. Every song on the C.D. is worthy of radio play, unfortunately thats not how the music business works. Ive seen them live about 8 times and they're live shows are even better then the album. The good news for fans like myself is that they are starting to make a splash, especially in the music community in both Canada and The U.S. I was talking to their organ/keyboard player at a show in Truro, Nova Scotia and he told me that Garth Hudson from The Band heard them and loved their sound so much that he wants them to record their next album at his own studio in The U.S. They will start recording in Feb and I've heard them play some of the songs live and I cant wait. They also recently got to play on Conan Obrien when the guitar player from Max Weinbergs band heard them and recommended them for the show. If you've never heard them, download everything you can and give it a listen, you will not be dissapointed

somewhat_here
01-09-2007, 02:41 AM
i've enjoyed the singles. cocaine cowgirl i like a lot...and i did see them play that on conan it was pretty good, conan even said "that was great, honestly." even that when angels make contact song's not bad.