He is Legend

PDA

View Full Version : He is Legend

cheesymike123
04-19-2006, 11:43 PM
Have any of you heard of this band?
I really like them.
The singer has a real nice voice then in the chorus sometimes he yells or growls.
heres the site for them
www.myspace.com/heislegend

TimiHendrix33
04-20-2006, 12:52 AM
some other forum,but I like them...

vlp_dope
04-20-2006, 04:39 PM
they really cool i like scram toots

Drop-A
04-20-2006, 06:36 PM
Naaah, also i dont want to sound like one of those controlling d*ckheads but i dont think thats hardcore.

Luke Norrell
04-20-2006, 10:20 PM
I wouldn't call them a "hxc" band but they're definitely amazing.

I think, though the xcore is the music of my heart and my people (ha) that almost makes me appreciate them more...

They're really innovative, and I can't wait for another album from them.

Paint
04-20-2006, 11:36 PM
i like a few songs. they do heavy good

frd_marshll
04-20-2006, 11:40 PM
there a christian band aren't they i mean they are on solid state

not band i am going to see them with TFOT and showbread on the 9th on june

dmc_74_usa
04-21-2006, 02:51 PM
They're amazing. So original. Both albums are amazing. The song Either They Decorated for Christmas Early or They're All Dead not only has a long ass title and is a pain to type, but it's also one of the catchiest songs I've ever heard. I love Schuylar's voice. I really don't think you can put them in a genre. They do so many different sounds. I'm sure someone can label them as something though. That or someone will make one up. When people ask ME what sound they have, I just say "He Is Legend."

MattDaviesFFAF
04-21-2006, 03:01 PM
I really like them... Very catchy.

And I dunno about them being christian but I like how they don't make it so blatantly obvious if they are.

4evaroxn
04-21-2006, 03:17 PM
i love he is legend, i am hollywood is a awesome song and the seduction is pretty nice too

Paint
04-21-2006, 03:37 PM
i am hollywood is the best song they have

I think their band name kinda gives away they are christian

He Is Legend

J Lock
04-21-2006, 09:03 PM
Eh..
Pop/Rock with screaming..
Eh..

SilentSpectacle
04-21-2006, 09:08 PM
No usually a fan of that kind of vocals in heavy music, but if i'm in the mood it totally works. The calm songs with no screaming are really good if you're in bed and stuff.

Gomorrah
04-21-2006, 09:09 PM
Boring.

.:bleednomore:.
04-22-2006, 10:34 AM
This band is pretty sick.
Their singer has a massive amount of hair.
Grizzly Adams?

MattDaviesFFAF
04-22-2006, 07:16 PM
In that song "The Greatest Actor Ever" I could have sworn that the lyrics were

"This is my first time ridiing you

Something something halleluh"

So I was pretty sure they weren't Chistian.

Turns out they said "writing you"....

dead_kennedy
04-22-2006, 07:20 PM
^ Don't worry, i thought it was "riding you" too haha. Yeah, i love this band. So damn catchy in every single song off "I Am Hollywood", i haven't heard their first album but i'm gonna get round to it one day. I've seen them live too, very good, but also very drunk....It was weird though, i was under the impression (Like most fans) that they were Christian. I know this doesn't mean they can't drink, it was just a little odd that they were all hammered. Impressive none the less.

MattDaviesFFAF
04-22-2006, 07:24 PM
^Haha, nice to know... I thought my mind was getting a bit overly dirty:rolleyes:

I just read something on some other board that they don't consider themselves a Christian band, they just happen to be some Christians that are in a band.

mr.joopy987
04-23-2006, 03:24 PM
Very good band.
Usually too much clean vox annoys me, but I really didn't notice. The intro to Eating A Book is really good. I Am Hollywood I s a sick song, too.

stratstrummer40
04-23-2006, 05:17 PM
So awesome. They have so many quality songs. I Am Hollywood is such a good song to play in your car really loud while driving.

xAestheticx
04-24-2006, 05:29 PM
Eh..
Pop/Rock with screaming..
Eh..
They don't have the aspects of normal pop bands. I would say rock with post hardcore flavoring.

Very good band nonetheless. Singer is very talented and original. Good music.

divid3d
04-25-2006, 10:04 AM
they have their moments but there's something that stops me from really getting into them... dunno what though. meh.

unluCKY...

Syn Harvest
04-25-2006, 03:04 PM
I think its Eh. not sure if its christian though the name kinda gives it away though. probably a reference to God. but then again i am an avid horror reader and i know He Is Legend is also a Book about Vampires and the last human on earth trying to slay them

VeloriumCamper
04-25-2006, 06:16 PM
Talented guys. They said on their next album (the follow up to "I Am Hollywood") they are going for more of a southern rock sound, which i don't like.

Bloodshed
04-26-2006, 08:11 PM
I.... Am..... HOLLYWOOD!!!!

Dude I love them.

Schuylar looks like a hobo

AbsentiA
04-26-2006, 08:43 PM
I can't beleive there is a thread on these guys. Absolutely amazing. They played a show here once and they only played 2 songs or something cuz one of the guitarists was having some struggles with his amp. Afterward I decided to check them out on myspace, and WOW I've been in love ever since.

thedeucemoose
05-05-2006, 08:10 AM
He Is Legend make my life worth living. I still can't help but get chills and headbang when the I Am Hollywood breakdown kicks in.

STRAT811
05-05-2006, 05:25 PM
One of my favorites if not my all time favorite. Such a great band. They aren't really Christian, just on SolidState. The book reference is true, I believe. Very hard to categorize, but don't say they aren't hardcore. But yeah, amazing band.

Does anyone know what gear the guitarists use?

thedeucemoose
05-06-2006, 12:24 AM
One of my favorites if not my all time favorite. Such a great band. They aren't really Christian, just on SolidState. The book reference is true, I believe. Very hard to categorize, but don't say they aren't hardcore. But yeah, amazing band.

Does anyone know what gear the guitarists use?

I know that Adam(lead guitar) uses a Fernandes Monterey Elite, an Ibanez Tube Screamer, and Mesa/Boogie amps.