The Refreshments

PDA

View Full Version : The Refreshments

Amped
04-20-2006, 02:13 PM
Okay well I didn't know exactly where to put these guys or how to classify them so I put them here and on classic rock but they are definitely more rock. They are extremely talented expecially the lead guitarist and vocalist. Anyways I was just wondering how many other people have heard of these guys and what you think. They're broken up now but their music is really really good. So if you know em say what you think.

hoobariffer87
04-20-2006, 02:21 PM
Wonderful band. The guy writes great lyrics, and the guitars always fit the song. I just love them. It's a shame they broke up after just two CD's :(

By the way: two threads on the same topic = :no:

Amped
04-20-2006, 03:07 PM
Yeah yeah I know but its not like they're a huge band and everybody would know them, also I didn't know how to classify them so I had to.

uncle_jimmy
04-21-2006, 05:30 PM
Don't they do the King of the Hill theme song?

hoobariffer87
04-21-2006, 11:13 PM
Don't they do the King of the Hill theme song?

Yup. Which is actually a cover of "The Ballad of Jed Clampet" from The Beverly Hillbillies, originally done by Earl Scruggs.

2muchTV
07-04-2006, 03:20 PM
Probably my favorite band. Don't know if you guys are aware but. The Singer, Roger Clyne, and the drummer, P.H. Naffah, in 1999 formed imo a better band called Roger Clyne And The Peacemakers that are now tearing up Arizona as well as internet sales. They are awesome though. Don't give up on em!

Amped
07-04-2006, 07:47 PM
Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers is not that good of a band. They have one really good song but that's about it for them. I think the best instrument in the band is the harmonica. This is just my opinion but I am very sure it has something to do with the fact that their new guitarist has nothing on the Refreshments old guitarist, he basically made their sound what it was. I'm not trying to um 'dis' Roger Clyne and them but I just don't like them.