need help

PDA

View Full Version : need help

Dead_edd
04-20-2006, 04:33 PM
i have started a band and we are finding it hard to find songs that are quite easy to cover can anyone give some suggestions? thnx that'll be grand ;)

SomeEvilDude
04-20-2006, 04:37 PM
Well, judging by the fact you like Metallica, I'd say Enter Sandman, and sticking to the metal theme, Paranoid.

Both reasonably easy songs. But what it comes down to, is what you guys all like, and what you're all capable of. In terms of easy songs, Nirvana and Green Day have a ton of easy stuff, but you might not be into that. It all depends.

Dead_edd
04-20-2006, 04:40 PM
lol we tryed nirvana taht turned out grim as no one can quite sing like kurt could

SomeEvilDude
04-20-2006, 05:15 PM
lol we tryed nirvana taht turned out grim as no one can quite sing like kurt could

Ah, well that's just singing wise. I've learned this the hard way, but when you cover songs don't try and emulate the singer. Sure, it's fine if you want do it at home when you're just singing along to a song or in the car or whatever, but when you're playing with a band, just sing the way you (or your vocalist) can. By trying to emulate the other person, you lose your own personal touch on the song, but it can really mess up your vocal performances, as you're voice will naturally begin to sound like a semi-Cobain-screech and your own voice, and that always turns out nasty.