your first show

PDA

View Full Version : your first show

fourstrings?
04-20-2006, 07:10 PM
what was it like the first time you guys played a show, i personally have not played any yet but would like to and wanted to kinda hear how it went with you and what i have to look forward to

Dave2210
04-20-2006, 07:38 PM
Ours was ace! We played Johhny B. Goode, Back In Black, Whole Lotta Love and a Girls Allowd song to a bunch of chavs (for y'all yanks, a chav is kind of like our version of trailer trash)

And they loved it!

shut_up_you_***
04-20-2006, 07:40 PM
My first proper gig at a venue (i.e. not a birthday party or school thing) was at what is now our favourite venue, The Comedy in Central London and our favourite promotors. In fact got another gig there on 15th May.

It always feels like a homecoming when we go there. Us playing there so frequently apparently helped us secure a gig at The Metro Club with another promotor (nice venue down Central London).

The gig went well... brought a good number of people. Just a good gig by our standards. It was well hot under the light though. I now bring a towel to every gig I do. It's also horrible when people hug you after you play a set and you're all sweaty. I also tend to wear blazers on stage so when they hug me they don't feel any sweat.

Yeah... nothing spectacular or terrible happened.

You gotta get out there bro. Gigging is sooo much fun, tiring but fun. Just search around for some people who want to jam. If it clicks, then go for it!

UtBDan
04-20-2006, 07:48 PM
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=291433&page=1

Closed.