Bass Player Prbolem

PDA

View Full Version : Bass Player Prbolem

rockman123
04-20-2006, 07:34 PM
I play guitar and sing and I have a drummer. We have been playing and practicing for a while now, but we have no bassist. And we HAVE been looking. There is no one at our school. We play mostly punk but love convering metal stuff any suggestions about what to do?

ibanezbass27
04-20-2006, 07:39 PM
i play bass.. how old are you guys and where do u live?

dejesus
04-20-2006, 07:40 PM
hm.. maybe try an ad at a local music store like on a bulletin board... tell em about you and influences they should have to fit in...

that or try networking on myspace.

im sure you could find someone in your area there.

good luck man

Drop-A
04-20-2006, 07:42 PM
do you have any friends that play guitar? if so convince them to play bass in your band. if not, tell every musician friend you have about this problem. one of them is bound to know someone. also, you dont neccisarily need bass in punk. there are plenty of good two peice bands out the, my suggestion would be to detune your guitar so it locks in with the drums better. good luck.

Gabuydachk
04-20-2006, 09:17 PM
3 things you could do

1. go w/o a bassist and be a duo
2. find a bassist
3. don't get a bassist, but get an other instrument(s) (i.e., keyboard)

SunshineMan89
04-20-2006, 11:02 PM
You could just find another guitarist, if they're willing to play bass-ish parts and you can't find a bassist.

rathmusbass
04-21-2006, 04:51 AM
slap the guitar with your dick until it bleeds, then offer the blood to the first bassist you meet.

that should get them to join.

UtBDan
04-21-2006, 10:54 AM
what makes you limited to the one school? make a poster at another school and at every music shop within 20-30 miles.

Hate-me
04-22-2006, 01:52 AM
slap the guitar with your dick until it bleeds, then offer the blood to the first bassist you meet.

Haha........That is sooooooooo funny......... :rolleyes:

scrambler_66
04-22-2006, 11:07 PM

that should get them to join.

I've tried that, and my guitar never bled....

But to the topic starter, yeah, fliers. You may also want to go to local concerts and bars where live music is played and ask around.