kinda stupid question

PDA

View Full Version : kinda stupid question

Kruptos
04-20-2006, 08:20 PM
how did the whole bandana in back pocket thing start?

R0CKER1220
04-20-2006, 08:23 PM
i don't know, there's this kid at my school that ALWAYS has a green bandana in his back pocket, it's confused me. . .

Sixpounder
04-20-2006, 08:28 PM
One day an old grandpa took his hankerchief out of his front shirt pocket and accidently put it in his back pocket after he used it. Then some skaterkids saw him and they must have thought it was cool and then some other kids saw them and so on and so on......

anorexorcist4
04-20-2006, 08:30 PM
cuz its in a snoop dogg song/video....i dunno whre he got it from and i dont know why its cool. its for people who hav a nasty cold

rainman5190
04-20-2006, 08:30 PM
gangs, crips have their flag in their rear left pocket, started a trend

_Clayman
04-20-2006, 09:06 PM
i stuff one in my side pocket so my cell phone doesnt fall out
function > fashion

shai_savant
04-20-2006, 11:16 PM
i stuff one in my side pocket so my cell phone doesnt fall out
function > fashion
oh what a lame excuse

Gomorrah
04-20-2006, 11:46 PM
Where do you put your gun then

_Clayman
04-21-2006, 12:56 AM
well when you lose 4 cell phones in 6 months let me know how well the pocket stuffing works

and i dont carry a gun. i'm a law-abiding citizen and i'm not yet 21 so i don't carry a concealed weapon. nice try, ****dick!

shai_savant
04-21-2006, 01:03 AM
well when you lose 4 cell phones in 6 months let me know how well the pocket stuffing works

and i dont carry a gun. i'm a law-abiding citizen and i'm not yet 21 so i don't carry a concealed weapon. nice try, ****dick!
haha i just keep my cell phone in the car while i'm getting my dance on and i use my friends cell phone to call my mommy every half hour

_Clayman
04-21-2006, 01:08 AM
i dont even lose them at shows, it was always something stupid like sitting at a park bench and it would slide out and i wouldnt even know. phones are **** but you gotta have one these days

Andrewbiles
04-21-2006, 08:15 AM
Isn't it a gay calling thing? I doubt thats why the hardcore kids do it, but that's what I've heard they're about.

PiNk_ThE_pUnK
04-21-2006, 10:06 AM
White bandanas have the whole gay thing attached. There used to be a website that explained what all the colours meant.

I couldn't find it :sad:

leviathanvolta
04-21-2006, 12:58 PM
I was under the impression the whole bandanna thing came from the black bloc anarchists you know they had them so that when they got tear gassed it didnt bother them

SilentSpectacle
04-21-2006, 08:26 PM
I've heard gay thing. That each color was your sexual preference, and when gay people gathered in a certain place they could find other people interested in what they want. It's funny to think of that and how it's associated with gangs. All the Bloods must want a rimjob or something =-P

Kruptos
04-22-2006, 12:11 AM
yeah gay preferences thats what i heard, but how'd it get into the whole punk movement and how come all the scene kids wear them?

emokid182
04-22-2006, 01:29 AM
I've heard gay thing. That each color was your sexual preference, and when gay people gathered in a certain place they could find other people interested in what they want. It's funny to think of that and how it's associated with gangs. All the Bloods must want a rimjob or something =-P

yeah i heard that in my english class last year, that certain colors stand for certain sexual favors that a person is willing to give etc. Kinda ironic.

Andrewbiles
04-22-2006, 10:25 AM

:haha I dare you to ask them if that's what its about...

I always thought it was how you wore it not what colour, but the colour thing does seem to make more sense.

The gang wearing of them probably has something to do with being able to cover up their face so they can't be recognised but recognised by what gang they're in.

SilentSpectacle
04-22-2006, 05:22 PM
The only excuse i've heard for scene kids is that they wear them on their face so "when they get hit in the face in the pit, they don't bleed all over the place." Easily the stupidest excuse, and one of the stupidest things ever.

whyvern
04-26-2006, 05:31 PM
Black Bloc Anarchists wear them dipped in vinnegar around their face during riots because it helps diffuse the tear gas. They also usually wear goggles. Modern "punk" fashion adopted that (even though it is quite useful having a bandana to wipe sweat off your face) and hardcore got it from there.

jckido21
04-26-2006, 08:55 PM
the gangs thing is where it started. and if u had it in ur back pocket it meant u were the leader of ur gang.