Band Troubles...

PDA

View Full Version : Band Troubles...

Rattlehead.90
04-20-2006, 08:27 PM
Hello all.

I have a bit of a predicament concerning my band. There are five of us, and frankly my singer has his head in the clouds and the bassist is sometimes a stubborn arsehole who doesn't understand that this band is a group venture, whilst the other two don't get any say whatsoever. This unbalanced share of power in the band makes it hard for us to explore new ideas and i'm tired of it - but i don't know how to solve these problems.

I could leave the band (and i have considered this), but they are all good friends to me despite their personalities and i don't want that to change. Also i think i need the experience of playing with others. I have also thought of playing with them whilst secretly forming a new band.

But if i left i think that those other guys wouldn't last as i write the vast majority of our material and i have the contacts to get rehersal spaces etc. which would be a shame as they are ok musicians. Please help

Kind regards, -Rattlehead-

EV6
04-20-2006, 08:37 PM
why not tell them how you feel about the band? if you guys are gunna get anywhere then you need to be open and honest anyways so if u got a problem u need to share the load man.

Rattlehead.90
04-20-2006, 08:41 PM
^^^ i've tried and 'the leading two' aint having any of it - although i know my friends and they have wierd mood swings at times.

cointurtlemoose
04-20-2006, 08:46 PM
I was/am in a similar situation. I did the option of quietly forming another band. I didn't break up with the other band, I just didn't pursue it. I never called rehearsals and only went if someone else did. Since I was 90% of the creative input and writing in the band (like yourself) the other (bad) band is slowly dying (actually almost dead by now). This worked out for me and now I am with an awesome singer, and a WAY more creative (not as good as the other guitarist from the bad band but it doesn't really matter) guitarist. Hope this helps.:)

(I posted this in the other forum but here it is again)

Rattlehead.90
04-20-2006, 08:51 PM
^^^ lol - i saw it before but thanks anyways :D:

cointurtlemoose
04-20-2006, 09:20 PM
^^^ i've tried and 'the leading two' aint having any of it - although i know my friends and they have wierd mood swings at times.

If that was to me... What do you mean by that specifically?

Rattlehead.90
04-20-2006, 09:24 PM
That was to EV6 lol.