80's-ish setlist

PDA

View Full Version : 80's-ish setlist

ChurchNSkate
04-20-2006, 09:37 PM
I'm in a little cover-band for a band class in school, and we have a performance at the band programs finale on May 12.
The "performance" is actually a dance. The last dance we played at went amazingly well, and we were recieved quite warmly and I got quite a few compliments. (I assume my band mates did as well, I didn't ask)
Now then. We're having some trouble finding ANOTHER setlist. We're looking at 8-10 songs here. These have to be dance-able songs, catchy?preferably w/ guitar solo(s). :cheers:

As a point of referance, last dance the setlist was:
Pat Benatar?Heartbreaker
Bon Jovi?You Give Love a Bad Name
Foreigner?Hot Blooded
No Doubt?Just a Girl
A few others, they're slipping my mind though.

We're going for an 80's-ish set...as they seem to be the catchiest and most crowd-friendly.

Thanks in advance for any and all assistance.

Dutch_Apples
04-20-2006, 11:38 PM
Girls just wanna have fun
Pour Some Sugar on Me- (Girls really love this one)
Take on me
I wanna dance with somebody
Put You give love a bad name back on there
Can't Touch this
Some Depeche Mode

ChurchNSkate
04-20-2006, 11:46 PM
Who are these by?
We are doing Pour Some Sugar On Me...and if need be, we maybe add on Heartbreaker, and possibly Love a Bad Name if necessary. Remember, that we're just two guitars, bass, drums and vocals...so Depeche Mode would be a bit hard, as I think? they're more electronic. 80's-ish setlist, I mean more 80's-90's hard rock/alt-rock.

Thanks for the suggestions!
And don't worry about the difficulty of songs, solos/leads and such, I just want some ideas for now...I'm really a loss for danceable songs.

scheck006
04-20-2006, 11:57 PM
your vocalist must have a great range!

gimme 3 steps by lynyrd skynyrd always went over well when my band played it;.

Dutch_Apples
04-21-2006, 01:54 AM
You answered your own question. The reason you are at a loss for danceable songs is because you want to do hard rock! Start doing the pop.

ChurchNSkate
04-21-2006, 08:06 PM
^Well, we're doing a Britney Spears song of some kind lol

scheck006: Yeah, she's really quite incredible...she does a lot of Christina Aguilera and all those talented pop singer-style stuff as well.

Dutch_Apples: It's kind of hard to do pop stuff with our setup...but not impossible!
We tried "Hey Mickey" for a day or two a couple months ago...do you guys think that would work? It'd be a much less annoying version...harmonized guitars and such lol. Probably a shred solo as well?but then again, what song DOESN'T sound good without a little shredding...

Thanks all so far.

rockminister
04-23-2006, 12:16 AM
try 90s

~~cemetary~~
04-23-2006, 01:14 AM
the cure!