Goo Goo Dolls - Let Love In

PDA

View Full Version : Goo Goo Dolls - Let Love In

daver869
04-21-2006, 09:10 AM
New goo's album coming out 4/25. :D You can listen to the entire album at Vh1.com before release date. Comments on their new stuff.

justy
04-21-2006, 09:14 AM
let love in? cough cough nick cave has an album called that....can't be hard to come up with an orginal name that hasn't been used before

daver869
04-21-2006, 09:20 AM
they came up with original album titles before (ex. Dizzy Up The Girl, Jed, etc.)

justy
04-21-2006, 09:27 AM
so why don't they come up with another one? is not that hard to see if someone else has already used it with todays technology...

onlyonehere
04-21-2006, 10:11 AM
so why don't they come up with another one? is not that hard to see if someone else has already used it with todays technology...

Well, when you release an album, you'll be able to be Mr Original.

Woot, new album sounds good. I still need to pick up some of their older albums, shockingly I only have Guttermouth.

justy
04-21-2006, 10:14 AM
My god, the old you can't make an album so don't critize....they put the album out to public where it is up for judgement by all. So im alowed to critize and make judgement on there ability to name an album. Just as much as you are alowed to make a judgement on how much they rock or something along those lines.

daver869
04-21-2006, 10:24 AM
justy, just drop it. If you don't listen to the goo's, then don't reply

justy
04-21-2006, 10:30 AM
its a public forum, and i'm not judging there music without hearing it, im discussing there choice of album name which i have seen. whats wrong with that?
Don't say i can reply just because im not being postive about there choice.

daver869
04-21-2006, 10:35 AM
ok with that being said, have you heard the single "Stay With You"

justy
04-21-2006, 10:36 AM
no. so i won't comment on it.

onlyonehere
04-21-2006, 11:12 AM
My god, the old you can't make an album so don't critize....they put the album out to public where it is up for judgement by all. So im alowed to critize and make judgement on there ability to name an album. Just as much as you are alowed to make a judgement on how much they rock or something along those lines.

Dog. With. A. Bone.

Give it a rest dude.

Gurgle!Argh!
04-21-2006, 12:48 PM
its a public forum, and i'm not judging there music without hearing it, im discussing there choice of album name which i have seen. whats wrong with that?
Don't say i can reply just because im not being postive about there choice.

the point is that what you're talking about is, frankly, pointless, and no-one really gives a shit.

Abe
04-22-2006, 03:52 PM
Right I'm scooting over to VH1.com as I type.

YAY_FOR_PIE
04-22-2006, 04:19 PM
I can't stand the Goo Goo Dolls, but that's just my opinion.

Abe
04-23-2006, 10:12 AM
All this new stuff sounds a bit 'Goo Goo Dolls-by-numbers' to me, if that makes ay sense to anyone.

It's all a bit familiar and formulaic.

warm machine
04-24-2006, 03:35 AM
Alright. I got the cd.

It's pretty good, I really like it. I would say I don't feel like all the songs are completely different, but the cd is solid I must say.

I just wish someone would tell the base player to stop singing. I think his name is Robbie?
He's horrible, writes horrible lyrics, and his singing is really annoying.

Some of my fav's:
Let love in
Feel the silence
Can't let it go

warm machine
04-24-2006, 04:33 AM
Abe, I see what you mean. No real new formula to writing a song. They almost have something absolutely stunning, using a synthesizer(I think) in let love in. If you ask me, GGD would be stupendous if they made the guitars a little more distorted and pronounced. Johnny has a great voice and lyrics, just needs more of a music backing sometimes.

This might sound a little weird, but this cd may be the same vibe we get from tom delonge's new band angels and airwaves.

Good cd, same theory on most songs but nothing absolutely amazing. And the lyrics are easy to relate to.

akustik
04-26-2006, 09:43 PM
K i've been working on this and need feeback on this before i submit it.

Let Love In - Goo Goo Dolls
e c g d a E (capo 2)

A5
e c g d a E
0 0 0 2 0 X

C5
e c g d a E
0 0 0 5 3 X

G5
e c g d a E
0 0 0 0 5 3

F5
e c g d a E
0 0 0 0 3 1

So pretty much just open power chords, just kind of a finger picking type of opening and verse, havn't figured that out exactly, but the chords sound right

Verse sample:

A5
And I know you're so much more

C5
Everything they ignore

G5......................F5
Is all I need to see

Chorus sample:

A5
And you're the only thing I've ever beleived in

C5
The Answer that could never be found

G5............................................F5
The moment you decided to let love it

So yeah lemme know what you think

R0CKER1220
04-26-2006, 09:44 PM
They're good, i don't like them as much as i used to, but it's good to get back to them every once in a while.

Doctor Robert
04-27-2006, 03:29 PM
I think the Goo Goo Dolls are the furthest thing from indie I can think of.

i_strum_i_drum
04-27-2006, 05:11 PM
This thread reminds me of Sesame Street:
"One of these things is not like the others..."

.:iloveyou:.
04-29-2006, 11:53 PM
GGD are awesome, I gotta get their CD. I listened to "Let Love In" and that was awesome.

just wish someone would tell the base player to stop singing. I think his name is Robbie? He's horrible, writes horrible lyrics, and his singing is really annoying.

Gosh I know what you mean... I hate his voice. It gets on my nerves man! I don't know about the songs he writes, but the voice just plain sucks. I don't know his name but yeah I think its something like that.

Abe
04-30-2006, 10:03 AM
^It's Robbie Takac (or Tacak)

I don't mind some of his songs, I think there was one on Gutterflower that I quite liked.