View Full Version : Bush Tetras

waterproofpie
04-21-2006, 05:03 PM
Into new wave?
Does Joy Division tickle your fancy?
All girl bands?

Then Bush Tetras is the band for you!

http://myspace.com/BushTetras

Listen to Sister Midnight cover and Too Many Creeps.

BIO taken from site:
""Post new wave funk/punk early '80s stars of the New York club scene, the Bush Tetras were one of the most popular and exciting groups of the era. If there's any one song the Bush Tetras are known for, it's 1980's "Too Many Creeps" -- the band's most representative song and also the catchiest, made by the kind of jagged rhythms, slicing guitars, and sniping vocals. Romeo Void guitarist Peter Woods matter-of-factly confessed to being inspired by the sound of Pat Place's guitar." - allmusic.com "...15 years later, this stuff still sounds like the future." - CMJ ""

P.S. If you didn't bother to read all of that, their guitarist inspired the one for Romeo Void. And Romeo Void is A-Okay in my book.

johnnynemo
04-21-2006, 05:51 PM
The first time I heard the Bush Tetras, I said "Hey look, the X Ray Spex have a new lead singer, since Poly Styrene is in the nuthouse, but they lost their saxophone player".

The first time I heard Romeo Void do "Never Say Never", I said "Hey look, the X Ray Spex have a new lead singer, since Poly Styrene is still in the nuthouse, and they got the saxophone player back."

waterproofpie
04-21-2006, 06:38 PM
The first time I heard the Bush Tetras, I said "Hey look, the X Ray Spex have a new lead singer, since Poly Styrene is in the nuthouse, but they lost their saxophone player".

The first time I heard Romeo Void do "Never Say Never", I said "Hey look, the X Ray Spex have a new lead singer, since Poly Styrene is still in the nuthouse, and they got the saxophone player back."

:haha

All 3 are bands I approve of

and I'm disappointed in everyone here in that Nemo was the only one to post in this thread.
SHAME

LoudnSnotty138
04-21-2006, 07:20 PM
I like it reminds me of early talking heads.

whyvern
04-22-2006, 01:40 AM
It's ok... I'm more of a James Chance and the Contortions guy myself.

radio_schizo
04-22-2006, 09:24 AM
Are they the band that sung the song Cowboys in Africa? Cos' I think I have that song on a compilation somewhere.

Prince
04-22-2006, 02:56 PM
Are they the band that sung the song Cowboys in Africa? Cos' I think I have that song on a compilation somewhere.

yea they are
that song is nuts

waterproofpie
04-22-2006, 05:01 PM
I never heard the song Cowboys in Africa...being I just got into this band like a week ago.
Someone wanna send it to me?