The Insurgence

PDA

View Full Version : The Insurgence

NOFX_JustinSane
04-22-2006, 11:16 AM
Hey these guys rock, im predicting big things soon!
www.myspace.com/theinsurgence
Check em out!

LoudnSnotty138
04-22-2006, 12:38 PM
like what you want, but in my opinion thats another NOFX. theyll be on fat wreck by the end of the month. the whole thing is just sorta bad.

NOFX_JustinSane
04-22-2006, 12:49 PM
like what you want, but in my opinion thats another NOFX. theyll be on fat wreck by the end of the month. the whole thing is just sorta bad.

Nah they arent as good as NOFX heh
But i see what you mean.

waterproofpie
04-22-2006, 12:51 PM
I heard Ghost Town and was like "alright...a little bland but alright"
but then I heard If I Make It Through, and took it back.

Jesus, how can a band that sucks so bad have such nice merch?
(haha)

LoudnSnotty138
04-22-2006, 12:54 PM
Jesus, how can a band that sucks so bad have such nice merch?
(haha)

haha i was thinking the same thing. how do they afford it/get shows.

whyvern
04-22-2006, 01:17 PM
haha i was thinking the same thing. how do they afford it/get shows.

Because the majority of people like the lowest common denomenator of music.

Have you heard the new Pink Spiders and then compared it to their first 10"?

Skankinpunk
06-20-2006, 03:38 PM
You may not be into they're music via recorded stuff, but they put on an amazing live show, I've seen them probably around 3 or 4 times and they just get better and better.

rabid dog
06-20-2006, 04:01 PM
heh... it's not bad, certainly better than most modern punk but still... it's nothing really special. It just sounds like poppy street punk a la Rancid. Which admitedly I do like... but I would rather listen to the Clash or Stiff Little Fingers than Rancid or this. I suppose then they are useful in that they are probably fun to watch live as we will never see a clash show again and SLF are reasonably (considering their age) not as energetic as they once were

Warm-And-Fuzzy
06-20-2006, 04:35 PM
Have you heard the new Pink Spiders and then compared it to their first 10"?

You mean the pre-fab looking trash that I saw on Fuse TV nay 4 weeks ago?

waterproofpie
06-20-2006, 11:50 PM
I think someone on this forum is secretly a member or something trying to get back at me for being a pretencious message board snob that I am but...

I got 3 myspace friend requests from them which I rejected all of them within the past 48 hours.

RockThe40oz
06-21-2006, 12:26 AM
I think someone on this forum is secretly a member or something trying to get back at me for being a pretencious message board snob that I am but...

I got 3 myspace friend requests from them which I rejected all of them within the past 48 hours.

You should probably just disallow bands to try and add you.

waterproofpie
06-21-2006, 12:29 AM
You should probably just disallow bands to try and add you.

I only add band that I have friends in. So i can't really do that.

but BACK ON TOPIC.

RockThe40oz
06-21-2006, 12:31 AM
Yes back on topic...

This band blows.

whyvern
06-21-2006, 01:31 AM
I told them to come to Alabama when they messaged us. They said they liked our music. I told them we'd folk them up.

ScummerVacation
06-21-2006, 02:00 AM
One sentence and a link and this bastard gets 13 comments?!

Seems I busted my balls in vain for the stupid ass "Strippers In Action" thread, it would seem they actually are the "Forgotten Rebels."

YIKES for the music though.

LoudnSnotty138
06-21-2006, 02:44 PM
the band sent me messages via myspace for making fun of them haha.

PoisonIdea13
06-28-2006, 02:45 PM
Its funny the buzz this sit can create,thanx to myspace etc. Anyhow this is my first time here,in fact i joined just cuz opions from little 18yr. old "punk Purests" who are'nt even in a band, are ****in hilarious!! Fact is I've seen The Insurgence a few times and they rip,the earlier recordings were a tad scattered,but they found their sound(as most bands have to,...you'll see someday when you's are in a band yourself) and the new stuff rips aswell! Their shows are fun and usually packed,and their t-shirts are everywhere in Seattle. So Ohio boy who likes"folk"(sad,but funny) and "synth punk"(what the **** is that?) and the confused Conservative Punk(oxi-moron, little guy) who is a "punk" (used too lightly it seems) D.J.(you are a disgrace to the true punk pioneers that you play on your radio show..i.e D.K,Subhumans etc. etc...listen to their lyrics and you will see that they hate you and your kind!! But Michael Graves,Ben Weasel,Toby Kieth and Ted Nugent like you!!) come on out to Seattle and we'll all see ya at a show!!

RockThe40oz
06-28-2006, 02:53 PM
^What did you just say?

And who are you referring to as "the confused Conservative Punk?"

And attacking somebody for liking riot folk and synth punk?

And you call US punk purists? Seriously, buddy. This band sucks ass and so does your mentality.

waterproofpie
06-28-2006, 03:13 PM
he's making fun of Loud N Snotty.

Yah, we're internet snobs who are all in high school
get over it.
This is an internet forum
What did you expect!?

PoisonIdea13
06-28-2006, 03:27 PM
Uhmm are'nt YOU the conservative punk that plays all the bands that had whole albums opposing conservative beliefs, Ronald Reagan and the Bush's? I know it must get hard defending your parents beliefs....but you made your bed little guy! I never attacked anyone,just thought that there was some funny **** behind you guys when I checked out your sites!! So how is the punk scene in Southeast Virginia?

RockThe40oz
06-28-2006, 03:39 PM
You're an idiot. I'm not a conservative, and I'm not a radio DJ.. That is a record of what I've been listening to. I am in the "Conservative Punk" group because I post on the website because it's full of good debate, unlike your punk voter garbage that doesn't even have a forum because Fat Mike and all his drones are afraid of opposing views.

As for the punk scene in Southeast Virginia, it's actually pretty good. Richmond is only a 1.5 hour drive and they always get amazing bands playing. Not to mention all the traveling I do to see bands in other states. So stuff your attempt at discrediting my "punkness" or whatever you're trying to do.

I find it hilariously ironic that you made mention of "punk purists," yet you have done nothing but try and sound more punk than other people because they expand their musical tastes and accept change in punk or they have open minds towards people with different views from their own.

Quit being such a closed-minded ass.

waterproofpie
06-28-2006, 03:40 PM
I'm not conservative.
And I live in Upstate New York...

LoudnSnotty138
06-28-2006, 04:48 PM
Its funny the buzz this sit can create,thanx to myspace etc. Anyhow this is my first time here,in fact i joined just cuz opions from little 18yr. old "punk Purests" who are'nt even in a band, are ****in hilarious!! Fact is I've seen The Insurgence a few times and they rip,the earlier recordings were a tad scattered,but they found their sound(as most bands have to,...you'll see someday when you's are in a band yourself) and the new stuff rips aswell! Their shows are fun and usually packed,and their t-shirts are everywhere in Seattle. So Ohio boy who likes"folk"(sad,but funny) and "synth punk"(what the **** is that?) and the confused Conservative Punk(oxi-moron, little guy) who is a "punk" (used too lightly it seems) D.J.(you are a disgrace to the true punk pioneers that you play on your radio show..i.e D.K,Subhumans etc. etc...listen to their lyrics and you will see that they hate you and your kind!! But Michael Graves,Ben Weasel,Toby Kieth and Ted Nugent like you!!) come on out to Seattle and we'll all see ya at a show!!

yeah folk music, your probably to dumb to understand what im talking about(heres a hint it aint bob dylan dumbass) maybe if you paid attention to the scenes around you youd see that folk is taking a rise in the punk scene. synth punk(le shok, screamers etc.) yeah those are punk bands. The insurgence is a clone of every fat wreck band and you know it.

So what if you see their t-shirts in seattle I see horrorpops t-shirts everywhere and they still ****in blow. who are you to come here and call me a punk purist?

ScummerVacation
06-28-2006, 06:56 PM
Hey I'm conservative, and that was a fantastic story poisonidea13! If I move to Virginia and play some "true punk" music, can your story please be about me?