Synth vs. Insatiable Sally (Hendixedge/Will)

PDA

View Full Version : Synth vs. Insatiable Sally (Hendixedge/Will)

#1 synth
04-22-2006, 12:55 PM

Nihilistic wallpaper;
Peeling profusely;
Lending odorous
Charm to
A dissident fate;
Lethargically donning
A phlegmatic guise;
Sardonic ideologies.

Chequered heather;
Leatherette verbosity,
Feigning introverted hope;
As market states proliferate
Amidst provincial
Provocateurs;
Catalytic acrylics
Appease ironic
Histrionics:
Dysentery, modernity,
Papal parapets.

The arse end of banality,
Pseudo pneumatics
Appropriate delinquent
Deities;
Colonial financiers;
Colloquial saboteurs;
Enthusiastic bastards.

Tethered temptation;
Elate dilated souls,
Liquefied chauffeurs,
Liquidate
Sulphuric woe;
Enthusiastic bastards.

Nihilistic wallpaper;
Adhesive anecdotes;
Plastered delicately
Upon universal
Dedication;
Federal promotion;
The croquet of
Liberalistic
Abstinence;
Elegantly gaunt.

Frugal tartan;
Systematically siphoned,
Presbyterian hues;
A masturbatory silhouette,
A portfolio of cigarillos,
Canvassing cancerous
Crimson; ascetic
Aesthetics,
Downward; monolithic
Notion; stringent
Devotion,
Eschew paralytic
Convention;
Bubonic prosperity.

Prepubescent animistic
Declarations;
Sculpt sober economics;
Counter accountancy;
Hedonism and demise,
Moral ambiguity;
Enthusiastic bastards.

Between the dribble of eucalyptus
And the sweet bamboo, pressed
Between the pressure of the solstice;
Pandas drink their wine.
And they ponder by the ounce why each day sets,
Why light is turned to night,
Why the imprint of trees leaves the clouds
And shadow is replaced by moonlight.
And in a drunken delusion, they always cry
To the night for an answer.
But the moon has a funny way of being empathetic;
Mutilating itself each night, reducing itself by slivers
?till Pandas are left in absolute dark;
Their questions waned
Into the waxing of the moons revival;
But they still cry, trying to will the waning power in the sky.
And while they drink their wine and cry, they ponder why.

Between the cage, housing a neighbor?s birth,
And the sweet faux rocks, pressed
By the monotone of wind blowing in a gale around a miracle,
Tigers are born into night,
But they are left, with fur sopping from the birthing
To ponder why their mother is not moving,
And their father is a million miles away.
But they are left with the wind of a miracle,
And ponder why,
Wind in the night can sear so completely,
And blind them something they never knew,
And now, will never know.
Ponder why a miracle can burn their senses,
And now, they will never taste sweetness.
They ponder why.

Earth, stars, elements.
Come to me, the zealous zookeeper,
Devour me in mystery,
And I will be forced to ponder why,
And I will cry in the night,
With the miracle of bereavement
Winding around me in a gale of drunken delusion,
Up towards the sky, up towards the clouds.
And I will ponder why.

... :liplick:

esnate
04-22-2006, 01:48 PM

Final
04-22-2006, 01:51 PM
Tough decision for me but I went with numba one. Loved both.

TimiHendrix33
04-22-2006, 04:09 PM
Red.....

thembones16
04-22-2006, 04:25 PM
O-r-a-n-g-e

Dæmönika
04-22-2006, 04:30 PM
Red for me

jallas
04-23-2006, 01:14 PM
dos

Glenn James
04-24-2006, 10:35 AM
Red for me but orange is a nicer coloUr

jduroe
05-01-2006, 03:21 PM
The first set of lyrics was an ostentatious attempt by the author to demonstrate his spurious perspicacity of the English language, no doubt accomplished with his adroit employment of his Roget's Pocket Thesaurus...I'm less than impressed. The lyrics are so jejune that they're literally soporific. Next time worry more about writing lines with substance, rather than trying to impress people with your large vocabulary. Your song is pointless.

Dirk Gently
05-01-2006, 03:25 PM
The first set of lyrics was an ostentatious attempt by the author to demonstrate his spurious perspicacity of the English language, no doubt accomplished with his adroit employment of his Roget's Pocket Thesaurus...I'm less than impressed. The lyrics are so jejune that they're literally soporific. Next time worry more about writing lines with substance, rather than trying to impress people with your large vocabulary. Your song is pointless.
Owned. Would you say his unmasticisable lyrics were drolly inane or dabbling in superfluosity?

#1 synth
05-01-2006, 03:44 PM

... go away

Green_Fox
05-01-2006, 03:52 PM
@jduroe

:haha:haha

second one =|

Dashboard89
05-01-2006, 05:32 PM
orangeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Dashboard89
05-01-2006, 05:39 PM

you'd know all about those thesaurus use... :rolleyes:

jduroe
05-01-2006, 07:35 PM
Come on Synth, you don't want me to go away, I was just having some fun. While yes, I do find your song to be a massive, steaming pile of crap, I would never tell you that, because I know you'd probably think my writing is overall fairly crappy as well. The important part is that we are actually thinking about things, and expressing ourselves creatively, employing the use of our minds...which, sadly, is more than many people can say. But who can blame them? Who has time for introspection and self-expression when Laguna Beach is on? I mean seriously!

Dashboard, here's some dictionary(.com) usage for you...

irony- a literary style employing such contrasts for humorous or rhetorical effect.

To answer your question, Dirk, I have to say inane...definitely inane. I mean, masturbatory silhoutte? Umm, okay...

HendrixEdge
05-01-2006, 09:13 PM
Apathy is our last defence against misplaced conjecture. ;)

Retribution
05-01-2006, 09:57 PM
Come on Synth, you don't want me to go away, I was just having some fun. While yes, I do find your song to be a massive, steaming pile of crap, I would never tell you that, because I know you'd probably think my writing is overall fairly crappy as well. The important part is that we are actually thinking about things, and expressing ourselves creatively, employing the use of our minds...which, sadly, is more than many people can say. But who can blame them? Who has time for introspection and self-expression when Laguna Beach is on? I mean seriously!

Dashboard, here's some dictionary(.com) usage for you...

irony- a literary style employing such contrasts for humorous or rhetorical effect.

To answer your question, Dirk, I have to say inane...definitely inane. I mean, masturbatory silhoutte? Umm, okay...

Funny, because you took a crack at WILL'S poem, not his.

Let's see if you understand a little French: Le Pwn.

#1 synth
05-02-2006, 12:22 AM
hmm, he just walked right into that one didnt he? :p:

yes, tis true, my poem is actually the one you prefer, but in any case, go away. not because your viewing your opinion, i think thats excellent, the problem is you have no background nor perspective on the writing you are reviewing. You seemingly believe that because one uses 'advanced' language they are worthless and their point is, in fact, pointless. However, and I realize that not everyone enjoys Will's style, but until you can comprehend the beauty and coherency brought by his brevity and vocabulary and the direct poetic relations between his function and form, then please, go away.

*sorry for any inhabitual manifistations of error in my sophmoric retort to your reply*

Dirk Gently
05-02-2006, 12:29 AM
hmm, he just walked right into that one didnt he? :p:

yes, tis true, my poem is actually the one you prefer, but in any case, go away. not because your viewing your opinion, i think thats excellent, the problem is you have no background nor perspective on the writing you are reviewing. You seemingly believe that because one uses 'advanced' language they are worthless and their point is, in fact, pointless. However, and I realize that not everyone enjoys Will's style, but until you can comprehend the beauty and coherency brought by his brevity and vocabulary and the direct poetic relations between his function and form, then please, go away.

*sorry for any inhabitual manifistations of error in my sophmoric retort to your reply*
Oh, please. It's just bull****. There's about as much substance there as in a Spicegirls album. Ivy League verbage doesn't automatically mean depth.

but until you can comprehend the beauty and coherency brought by his brevity and vocabulary and the direct poetic relations between his function and form, then please, go away.

Let me interpret: Until you can stir the bull**** around and see the face of the Virgin Mary, you just "don't get it." I love how people, for the sake of pretense, try to put so much meaning on the meaningless. It's just drivel.

Final
05-02-2006, 12:39 AM

Did you know that the word "masturbatory" has another meaning?

Main Entry: mas·tur·ba·to·ry
Pronunciation: 'mas-t&r-b&-"tOr-E, -"tor-
Function: adjective
1 : of, relating to, or involving masturbation <masturbatory fantasies>
2 : excessively self-absorbed or self-indulgent <write tedious, masturbatory books... about themselves for people to read... with envy -- D. R. Katz>

;)

#1 synth
05-02-2006, 12:47 AM
To Dirk

I would just like to say that i do respect you emmensly and i believe all of your posts are made with probably the most intellectualism to be found on UG.

However, I firmly believe that meaning is relative. so if what I say, is, in your mind, complete drivel, and if there is no meaning in the simple pattern of words Will has composed, then I feel there is no way to continue this conversation logically without being solely two ideas in direct opposition to each other. I believe there is no middle ground on this issue of meaning, as I said, its relative.

O, and sorry for being so ****ing pretentious in the last post i made, like, I really sounded like a prick-know-it-all-asshole. I guess my point was that you shouldnt close off doors because they are different.

Dirk Gently
05-02-2006, 01:48 AM
I wasn't necessarily calling you pretentious. But there's an old story about how Mark Twain published this really short piece in a magazine. It was written in a style similar to the first piece above, taking unrelated words and putting them together. Pundits and literary critics tried to dissect it and came up with all these deep convoluted meanings, and Twain laughed at them all for trying to find meaning in the obviously meaningless. I really wish I could find that piece, but, alas, all my books are in a storage unit right now. I find the same thing here. He puts together these 10 cent words he dug up in Roget's Thesaurus, links them together, and because he did that, it must have meaning. I say it's rubbish. When a person works that hard to flex their vocabulary, they must not have anything to say. Take some of the most powerful Shakespeare: "My bounty is as bountiful as the sea; my love as deep. The more I give to thee, the more I have, for both are infinite." Didn't need to pull out a dictionary for that one, and Harold Bloom, a Shakespeare historian, considers that the greatest expression of romantic love in the English language. So yes, it's bull****. It's like people who try to find the meaning and expression in a "painting" someone did by soaking tennis balls in acrylic and smashing them against a canvas. Shameful snobbery, I say.

HendrixEdge
05-02-2006, 06:12 AM
When someone beggars belief by relying so readily on grand assumptions and gross generalisations; he has nothing of worth to say either.

Even though I tend to agree with what you have written, the whole argument is immensely besides the point in regards to the actual sentiment conveyed by what I?ve wrote.

It?s satirical, self-effacing and monotonous; derived from a distinctly Irish tradition, where arrogance is at once, both constantly and consistently, subverted by humour and irony. In fact the title of the piece is ?The Arse End of Banality? an obvious statement if there ever was one, revealing the true nature of the piece in a simplistic and ludic fashion.

Nevertheless, I cannot say that I am too concerned by the opinions that have been voiced within this thread. If I wanted to write a poem that was thoroughly romantic in both form and execution, I would. However, I?m a Joycean writer, an imagist of sorts, who sees no reason to pander to those, who are firmly juxtaposed against the principles from which I, and many others, derive inspiration.

In other words, mission accomplished. :p:

Dirk Gently
05-02-2006, 11:12 AM
Edit: Fair enough. I just don't like your style. BTW, vocabulary boy, nice improper semicolon use ;) And the fact it was satire was revealed where, exactly? Was I supposed to divine the title or your meaning by channeling your not-yet-departed soul?

HendrixEdge
05-02-2006, 11:49 AM
:haha

Cheers my man, I?m sure that we can both sleep peacefully now. :p:

Edit:

Unless you?re a sufferer of attention deficit disorder, the satirical, or indeed utterly ridiculous nature of the piece, should be as plain as day. ;)

Dirk Gently
05-02-2006, 12:31 PM
Unless you?re a sufferer of attention deficit disorder, the satirical, or indeed utterly ridiculous nature of the piece, should be as plain as day. ;)
Hey, some people are utterly ridiculous and completely serious. Who am I to presume? :cheers:

HendrixEdge
05-02-2006, 12:38 PM
That?s quite true, although it has to be said, that the gullible also have a place in that discussion.
:cheers:

I do believe that this thread has surpassed its life expectancy somewhat.

An obituary would be nice. ;)

Dirk Gently
05-02-2006, 12:44 PM
That?s quite true, although it has to be said, that the gullible also have a place in that discussion.
:cheers:

I do believe that this thread has surpassed its life expectancy somewhat.

An obituary would be nice. ;)
2 May 2006 - ULTIMATE-GUITAR.COM A thread today met its timely end after a pointless dick measuring contest between a handful of posters, including the threadstarter. Amongst the survivors of this thread are HendrixEdge, Dirk Gently, #1 synth, jduroe and others who are not being relegated to any form of inconsequence by my failure to mention them. Donations on this thread's behalf can be made to the American Cancer Society. There will be no calling hours. The thread will be doused in several accelerants and set ablaze.

HendrixEdge
05-02-2006, 12:49 PM
As ?they? so often say:

?That?s all folks!?

;)

Final
05-02-2006, 12:50 PM
^Ahem. They actually say "th-th-th-th-th-th-that's all folks!". You stupid.:p:

HendrixEdge
05-02-2006, 12:58 PM
Why did you have to destroy such a finitely presented, sentimental moment? :confused:

:D