Embrace and the new england song

PDA

View Full Version : Embrace and the new england song

wainer
04-23-2006, 01:49 PM
If you've heard it you'd agree that the new england song is sooo bad. What were the f.a thinking, embrace. THere not an anthem band. Just release "three lions" every four years, yanks dload "three lions", your want be english after ;) .

Green_Day_Rock
04-23-2006, 01:55 PM
Not like it really matters though, we'll be out by the quarter finals. ;)

young_is_god
04-23-2006, 01:56 PM
yeah, everyone still sings 3lions n e way

Not like it really matters though, we'll be out by the quarter finals. ;)

no need to be a pessamist, although from ur screen name and the little thing under not suprised

Tenacious_dex
04-23-2006, 02:05 PM
I don't like it that much. it's an alright song, but for the anthem for England, it's just not good. It needs to be more upbeat like Three Lions.
Does anyone remember the song called Vindaloo? It was an unofficial England song. If I remember correctly it went:
'Where on earth are you from, we're from Eng-er-land. Where you come come do you put the kettle on... Kick it! Na-na-naaaaa' etc.

j0nmcc
04-23-2006, 03:20 PM
you cant beat three lions IMO

the song is just a capital t for TUNE

:D

and vindaloo!

NAH NAH NAHHHHH

sponj
04-23-2006, 03:26 PM
go portugal ;_;

tezhall
04-23-2006, 07:07 PM
Me and me mam and me dad and me gran, we're off to Waterloo
Me and me mam and me dad and me gran wi a bucket o VINDALOO
Na na naaaaaa
Na na naaaaaa
Vindaloo Vindaloo
Na naaaaa
We're gonna score one more than you.....ENG-LAND!!

Yes, I will be chanting that in the streets of Dortmund, Kaiserslautern, Frankfurt and Munchen this summer :cool:

But the new Embrace song just hasn't got the right tone...it's like the one that Del Amitri did for the scottish team in 94 (?) titled "Just Don't Come Home Too Soon" - loving the optimism there boys ;)

We've got a damn good chance of winning this year. And I won't let anyone tell me different.

wainer
04-24-2006, 09:00 AM
Yeah, I reacon we've got a good chance, as long as sven get his act together. No more bringing on Owen Hargreives when were losing with 10 mins to go!!!

sponj
04-24-2006, 10:50 AM
brasil is the team with most potential, as usual.

onlyonehere
04-24-2006, 10:51 AM
I haven't heard it, am looking forward to hearing it though.

jallas
04-24-2006, 12:18 PM
Yes, I will be chanting that in the streets of Dortmund, Kaiserslautern, Frankfurt and Munchen this summer :cool:
knew you'd be in this thread somewhere ;) And I totally went to all those places a few weeks ago, well, all except Frankfurt and Kaiserslautern.

Anyhow I haven't heard it as of yet, meant to watch the footy yesterday 'cause I heard they were performing it at half time or something. Then I went to work all day, so yeahhh. No doubt I'll hear it this summer, when england will infact win the world cup :)

edit: and speaking of embrace, did I mention my mate is cousins with the singer? :o

tezhall
04-24-2006, 01:36 PM
knew you'd be in this thread somewhere ;) And I totally went to all those places a few weeks ago, well, all except Frankfurt and Kaiserslautern.

Anyhow I haven't heard it as of yet, meant to watch the footy yesterday 'cause I heard they were performing it at half time or something. Then I went to work all day, so yeahhh. No doubt I'll hear it this summer, when england will infact win the world cup :)

edit: and speaking of embrace, did I mention my mate is cousins with the singer? :o

What gave you the clue, Embrace + Football = Tez :p:

They performed it live last night on Match Of The Day, I was round my mum's watching copious amounts of Bob Dylan documentaries on BBCFour (random but cool) so I missed it.

It's on Radio 1 about 4 times a day at the moment though.

And yes, you may have mentioned that once or twice :peace: :mad: :eek: :( :cool: :D

leaping badger
04-24-2006, 01:38 PM
I don't like it that much. it's an alright song, but for the anthem for England, it's just not good. It needs to be more upbeat like Three Lions.
Does anyone remember the song called Vindaloo? It was an unofficial England song. If I remember correctly it went:
'Where on earth are you from, we're from Eng-er-land. Where you come come do you put the kettle on... Kick it! Na-na-naaaaa' etc.

it also involved

"could i introduce you please to a lump of cheddar cheese..."

that song was great, so wad the video lol

But that embrace song is pretty bland and like you say not really one that can be sang by fans during the game.

Amy_Lee
04-24-2006, 02:11 PM
it's alright I guess.

Nothing special really.

jallas
04-24-2006, 03:01 PM
What gave you the clue, Embrace + Football = Tez :p:

They performed it live last night on Match Of The Day, I was round my mum's watching copious amounts of Bob Dylan documentaries on BBCFour (random but cool) so I missed it.

It's on Radio 1 about 4 times a day at the moment though.

And yes, you may have mentioned that once or twice :peace: :mad: :eek: :( :cool: :D
when you're in germany, say this "ich bin in meinem ganzes Leben noch nie so beleidigt worden"

or this "wenn Sie in zwei Minuten immer noch hier sind, hole ich die Polizei"

tezhall
04-24-2006, 03:02 PM
:eek: I'd only say that if I'd ordered salmon and they brought me chips and then called my mum fat and then I refused to pay.

But still, cheers :cheers:

j0nmcc
04-24-2006, 03:27 PM
I'll try my best to catch it then terry.

Oh and guys, keep all football tactics or whatever out of this thread. Dont get me wrong, I love it as much as the next guy but make a thread in the pit or something. No doubt they will be one there already...i dunno, i never go in there.

LP RockerBabe
04-24-2006, 03:54 PM
I really like embrace nearly all of their songs i like but this song is really bad :( Its a real let down. Three lions has to be the best :p

j0nmcc
04-25-2006, 10:08 AM
Hey guys,

ever remember that New Order Song with the John Barnes Rap? xD That World In Motion. That song ruled!

Man, I LOVE football songs. xD

EDIT: I dunno, just listening to Three Lions gets my veins pumping and makes me proud to be English. Although, in fairness Three Lions 96 > 98.

Abe
04-25-2006, 10:19 AM
Yeah, the Embrace tune isn't lairy-drunk-singalongy enough, not by a long shot.

Not a fan, but a really thrashy Artic Monkeys song would have probably been more appropriate.