What songs to cover? Metalcore band.

PDA

View Full Version : What songs to cover? Metalcore band.

A_Lesser_Evil
04-24-2006, 09:28 AM
My band Breach The Gates, www.purevolume.com/breachthegatesnj , needs one more song to cover so that we have a 7 song set to play gigs. We play metalcore, teh song on our site, The August Gales, displays our style/skill level so please give us some suggestions on what to cover.

Also if you like the song or have any crit plase comment on it in our thread, http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=349887 .

Thanks in adavnce.

MAXWELLMURDER
05-02-2006, 12:40 AM
second heartbeat avenged sevenfold, bleeding mascara atreyu, ravage ritual zao?

Seth Shadow
05-02-2006, 08:56 AM
When our band covered The Crimson by Atreyu we pumped everyone that was listening and set them up for our others, DO NOT play it in the middle of your gig, first or last.
Or
Radiant Eclipse by Avenged Sevenfold, Its fun to play, has great build-up And it's a great time filler

SilentDeftone
05-02-2006, 05:48 PM
*moved*

-SD :dance:

Guitarplaya27
06-13-2006, 05:58 PM
Second Heartbeat as the guy above said

ParadoxVocal
06-13-2006, 09:42 PM
Trivium stuff is actually really good to cover (if you can pull it off), that's if you reckon they're metalcore.

Pull Harder is a heap of fun for the crowd. Rain shows that you are a bunch of psycho's. Drowned and Torn Asunder/Ascendancy/Declaration all are sort of epic middle of set songs. And A Gunshot to the Head of Trepidation has that bit in the middle that's really good for getting the crowd involved.

I don't personally like Trivium that much, but i will say it's good to cover.

STPGuitar311
06-13-2006, 10:37 PM
Right Side Of The Bed / The Crimson - Atreyu

The Beast And The Harlot - A7x

Reinventing Your Exit - Underoath

I Will Be Heard - Hatebreed