04-24-2006, 10:51 PM
Anyone else listen to them?

capsfan17
04-24-2006, 11:18 PM
one of my favorites, great great band.

Warm-And-Fuzzy
04-24-2006, 11:56 PM
one of my favorites, great great band.

That's a mighty strong ditto, thanks to you!

CoolDudeMorgasm
04-25-2006, 12:44 AM
Haha I'm with the two above me on this one

grego
04-25-2006, 01:06 AM
yeah, in my top 5 bands

JonesyIsAGod
04-25-2006, 01:26 AM
Yeah they are great...still going strong

Cub
04-25-2006, 05:58 AM
High quality group. definately one of my favourites, did anyone else hear about foxton quitting? that was a disapointment to me, i liked the few odd jam covers they did sometimes

opivy21
04-25-2006, 07:37 AM
I like them.

ss311
04-25-2006, 10:22 AM
SLF are one of the few bands who I can say changed my life.

radio_schizo
04-25-2006, 10:31 AM
High quality group. definately one of my favourites, did anyone else hear about foxton quitting? that was a disapointment to me, i liked the few odd jam covers they did sometimes
Yeah I heard that. Its a shame because he's one of my favourite bassists. I remember seeing a gig flyer for his new band on the wall at a some nearby venue. So I might check em' out some time.

p.s. SLF=excellent band.

ClashCR46
04-25-2006, 12:44 PM
Yer they rock - saw them for the first time at Leeds Met last tour it was insane

mike2
04-25-2006, 01:56 PM
what is a good cd by slf

grego
04-25-2006, 02:50 PM
what is a good cd by slf

hanx

hardrock1315
04-25-2006, 03:13 PM
what is a good cd by slf

Inflammable Material.

And SLF are quite good.

chow7
04-25-2006, 04:41 PM
They were meant to play down where i live but decided to cancel last minute. grrr!

newyorkdolls138
04-25-2006, 07:31 PM
Yay for SLF

misfitsdisciple
04-25-2006, 09:50 PM
i'll give them a meh. i only have inflammable material, but it just seems like they only sing about getting ripped off by the record corporation or whatever and **** that really doesnt relate to me at all. I've never made a record, probably never will, dont have any devices implanted in my head, and im not really dead.

Draken
04-26-2006, 02:59 AM
I've got Nobody's Heroes, inflammable material and no sleep till belfast. Thier work is pretty excellent.

phobos
04-26-2006, 03:42 AM
Inflammable Material wins for me.

johnnynemo
04-26-2006, 01:41 PM
i'll give them a meh. i only have inflammable material, but it just seems like they only sing about getting ripped off by the record corporation or whatever and **** that really doesnt relate to me at all. I've never made a record, probably never will, dont have any devices implanted in my head, and im not really dead.

Haha.
That's not really fair, if you think about it, misfitsdisciple.

You're also not a Teenager From Mars, you never Turned Into A Martian, You don't have 20 Eyes in your head, etc, but you listen to the Misfits.

The songs on Inflammable Material deal with a variety of subjects. A Few of the songs deal specifically with the situation in Ireland, so I'll skip them:

Here We Are Nowhere - is about being stuck in a boring h*llhole with nothing to do. You live in Florida, so you can definitely relate.

Wasted Life - is about joining the military and wasting your life.

White Noise - is about the stupidity of racism.

Law And Order - is about police corruption.

Breakout - is about leaving that boring h*llhole.

They're all still relevant and much more real than singing about being in a London Dungeon.

NOFX_JustinSane
04-26-2006, 02:09 PM
SLF are amazing!
I think Alternative Ulster is my personal fave, but its hard to choose!
Quality punk band, one of the all time greats.

misfitsdisciple
04-26-2006, 08:40 PM
Haha.
That's not really fair, if you think about it, misfitsdisciple.

You're also not a Teenager From Mars, you never Turned Into A Martian, You don't have 20 Eyes in your head, etc, but you listen to the Misfits.

The songs on Inflammable Material deal with a variety of subjects. A Few of the songs deal specifically with the situation in Ireland, so I'll skip them:

Here We Are Nowhere - is about being stuck in a boring h*llhole with nothing to do. You live in Florida, so you can definitely relate.

Wasted Life - is about joining the military and wasting your life.

White Noise - is about the stupidity of racism.

Law And Order - is about police corruption.

Breakout - is about leaving that boring h*llhole.

They're all still relevant and much more real than singing about being in a London Dungeon.

ok you win. but i can definately relate to HOLLOWEEN, ATTITUDE, etc. there is numerous songs from each band that you could do that for, but anyway i think they are decent but not my favorites.

Cub
04-26-2006, 10:00 PM
does anyone else have the album get a life? and if so what did you reckon about it?

ScummerVacation
04-27-2006, 01:57 AM
ok you win. but i can definately relate to HOLLOWEEN, ATTITUDE, etc. there is numerous songs from each band that you could do that for, but anyway i think they are decent but not my favorites.

Well hows this, I got my ATTITUDE from being stuck in NOWHERE (Florida...son of a).

DeeDeeismyHero
04-27-2006, 04:31 AM
Stiff Little Fingers are awesome. I reckon they have definately been one of the main influences on Green Day. Not that Green Day are particularly good, but SLF ARE great.

Cub
04-27-2006, 08:04 AM
Stiff Little Fingers are awesome. I reckon they have definately been one of the main influences on Green Day. Not that Green Day are particularly good, but SLF ARE great.

yeah, thats what that guy said in high fidelity. thats a good movie

travel sized
04-27-2006, 03:05 PM
I had never really properly listened to them before now, and when I last listened to them it was a while ago. I went and checked 'em out again, and they're pretty damn good.

whyvern
04-27-2006, 04:45 PM
Well hows this, I got my ATTITUDE from being stuck in NOWHERE (Florida...son of a).

Serriously... Florida isn't that bad... well, I'd like to live in Central Florida (Gainesville area) or Tampa... that wouldn't be bad at all.

johnnynemo
04-27-2006, 05:05 PM
No offense to anyone, but Florida sux.

My grandparents lived there and everytime I visited I was reminded that it was the worst scene in the nation.

If I lived there, I'd try and track down any of the bands on the "Killed By Florida" comp, such as the Eat, Sheer Smegma, etc. and see if the members still lived there.
Hanging out with them would be the only thing that would keep me from drowning myself in the Gulf.

angusfenderbend
04-27-2006, 05:27 PM
i hate living in florida.

misfitsdisciple
04-27-2006, 10:21 PM
Serriously... Florida isn't that bad... well, I'd like to live in Central Florida (Gainesville area) or Tampa... that wouldn't be bad at all.

Gainesville is more of north florida, central florida is the area around orlando. im farther east, in a small town which is somewhat near the beach. i mean, im not bitching about being in a sucky place, i really dont mind it too badly. i just wish some more bands would come through orlando now and again. Tampa, kind of a bad place to live right now, pretty slummy.

whyvern
04-27-2006, 11:13 PM
Slums are much more interesting than suburbs. I live downtown and hang out in the ghetto all day.

Joe Publicity
04-28-2006, 03:57 PM
I May get some **** for this,but I could go as far as saying SLF are the best ever Punk band in my opinion. I wouldn't say that they stand out on albums apart from the first two, but every album they've done has great songs on it. I don't think anyband ever has had the balls to do what they did.

misfitsdisciple
04-30-2006, 12:06 PM
Slums are much more interesting than suburbs. I live downtown and hang out in the ghetto all day.

i dont like suburbs either but i dont wanna be shivved

ss311
04-30-2006, 03:02 PM
New Found Glory come from Florida I think. They're an awesome punk band nemo.

Just messing, but that's when your blood bumps

Joe Publicity
04-30-2006, 06:23 PM
My bests SLF song is 'Each Doller a Bullet' fom the 'flags and emblems' album,which I didn't like even though it has some good songs.

whyvern
04-30-2006, 06:59 PM
i dont like suburbs either but i dont wanna be shivved

dude, if you go into a 'bad' neighborhood people aren't going to be like "OMG, RICH WHITE KID, LET'S RAPE HIM!!!!!"... it's the same as walking around everywhere.

People don't need to be scared to walk into certain neighborhoods, it's stupid and perpetuates classism and racism.

misfitsdisciple
04-30-2006, 08:58 PM
im not rich, and im not afraid of walking the streets. im just saying, i dont particularly want to go walking down the wrong streets, beacuse there have been many shootings near here. my car has been broken into 3 times in my driveway, yes its a ****ty car, but goddamn my windows are expensive. and nothing expensive in the car, the ****ty stereo got stolen the 1st time. anyway, what im trying to say is that its not very safe where i am.
'
edit: and im not racist. i dont care what color you are.

Leftover_Crack
04-30-2006, 09:07 PM
I've never heard a Stiff Little Fingers song.

misfitsdisciple
04-30-2006, 09:37 PM
i hope thats sarcasm, but anyway they are irish! and not that "IM IRISH LETS HAVE BAGPIPES" irish, the "I am irish, so what" irish.