could this open the door
Traveling to a new way
Can this open the door
To these skies so gray

Solo

Outro:

And now we fill these shallow graves

shake shake lovely transatlantic trade.

a land mind of thoughts convulsed into a transatlantic trade. well who is buying and who is selling? business men with business men looks, eating fruit to sharpen their wit in small towns with big city markets. yeah who is buying and who is selling? a closet full of fortune cookies and some tabloid horoscopes. pockets full of gold so we are always worth something. cause at the end of the day its the dollar sign not the lives you saved, that keeps you from the gallows or a bomb strapped to your chest. or just luck. cause yesterday i met my maker, a blind man with glasses, which explains my big mouth and crooked teeth. he shook like a tree, until his roots came free and he left the forest to join the traffic, the buzz of the city air, and the good morning birds nipping at our toes. we manufactured the cotton clouds and dressed the sun in new lovely fabrics until all ours were gone. and we stood undressed under a pacific sky and wondered if this is how it is supposed to be.
our garden of eden forever.

Final
04-25-2006, 02:06 PM
Second. Easily.

jallas
04-25-2006, 02:20 PM
aye #2

Dashboard89
04-25-2006, 05:33 PM
numero dos.

Punk Rocker
04-25-2006, 05:45 PM
two

Strat_Player
04-25-2006, 10:28 PM
i think im gonna lose :(
oh well... juss wondering but we cant vote on our own poll, can we? (i haven't)

Wanttobebetter
04-25-2006, 10:34 PM
I say first. Feels kinda like a Pink Floyd song to me, and I love them

Dirk Gently
04-25-2006, 10:35 PM
I'll vote number 1. No. 2 was just pretty sentence writing.

frd_marshll
04-25-2006, 10:37 PM
numero duos

dashboardluva08
04-26-2006, 12:59 PM
one ......definitely... without a doubt

#1 synth
04-26-2006, 01:13 PM
hmm, i find it mildly unfair that a piece of prose went up against a song, but o well. And, although both had their major flaws, I'm going to have to go with 2

Dæmönika
04-26-2006, 01:39 PM
I preferred number one myself

xArCaDiAx
04-26-2006, 04:38 PM
Yea, I agree. Its a bit mismatched, but my style leans more towards #2. So thats what Ill vote.

falloutboy
04-26-2006, 05:01 PM
well. he sent me what he sent meee. and i dont write in typical stanzas. and its not prose. its just a song. in more of a sentence structured form.

#1 synth
04-26-2006, 05:24 PM
s'okay, no harm no foul. i guess the real issue here is the difference in the quality of work, which is what we are supposed to judge. yours, put simply, has more substance and I feel is superiour.

Final
04-26-2006, 05:38 PM
i think im gonna lose :(
oh well... juss wondering but we cant vote on our own poll, can we? (i haven't)

You can vote if you want to. Most people vote for the person they're up against out of courtesy, but you can vote for yourself if you really want to. It's generally frowned upon, though.

Strat_Player
04-27-2006, 09:19 PM
ah i wont bother voting i think hes gonna win anyway so im just not gonna vote at all... dont wanna seem bias with my decision...