How do you do this nicely?

PDA

View Full Version : How do you do this nicely?

Freunleven
04-25-2006, 06:54 PM
The bassist and I have decided to fire our drummer and replace him with someone whose personality we can tolerate. The current drummer tries to tell us how to play the songs, tries to tell us what songs we're going to play, and is very rude to anyone who comes to see us play.

What is the nicest way to tell this kid that he's a d**k, and that he's out? Or is it just that - tell him he's a d**k, and he's fired?

:satan:

z4twenny
04-25-2006, 06:55 PM
yup....... "ummmm dude, yer a prick, we can't take yer bullsh!t anymore, pack yer crap and get out, yer replacements gonna be here in about 30 minutes......."

Refixer
04-25-2006, 06:59 PM
Be straight-up with him. Seriously. That's exactly what I'd do.

Autumn Shadows
04-25-2006, 07:00 PM
z4twenny that was the SH*T! I am seriously laughing my ass off right now AHAHAHAHAHAH that was soo good man oh my god ahaha

Autumn Shadows
04-25-2006, 07:06 PM
"get Out!"

812many
04-25-2006, 07:17 PM
yup....... "ummmm dude, yer a , we can't take yer bullsh!t anymore, pack yer crap and get out, yer replacements gonna be here in about 30 minutes......."

:cheers: that is what i would say. well put.

WrathofKahn
04-25-2006, 11:46 PM
Yeah, you gotta tell the dude. There's no neing "nice" in this situation. If you cant tolerate the guy's personality, then you should have no problem putting a proverbial cap in his ass.

T_R_A_P_T
04-26-2006, 12:07 AM
Say that you and the bassist want to start playing pop music..

ShaggyDan
04-26-2006, 02:00 AM
Before you boot the guy out I'd suggest having a chat with him about it first. If thats already been done then you can either:

1. Tell him your problem with him and in the process kick him out.
2. Petrol bomb his house.

Freunleven
04-26-2006, 08:09 AM
Ah, he lives in an apartment building, so the petrol bomb is out. Sorry, man.

We're gonna sit down and have a nice li'l chat this afternoon. If he can't straighten up, we've got two potential replacements waiting for a phone call. And, oddly enough, they can get their gear to our practice space in about 30 minutes.

:satan:

NovemberRain273
04-26-2006, 09:06 AM
Just tell him, look we dont like the way you try and boss everyone around, or the fact that you act like a dick to everyone, so you got two choices. Either you can fix your smartass attitude and get along weith the band or else we got 2 replacements just waiting for your spot.