we can rock too!!

PDA

View Full Version : we can rock too!!

wany
04-26-2006, 02:49 PM
if you look at the rock music's world, you can notice than most of famous bands are english-speakers. well, here's the best french rock band (or at least one of them) covering "working class hero" (lennon's song). seriously, look at it, the singer's voice is f***ing great and the band have made of this song something different: it's a really good tribute to john lennon!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN-MrXbQePw&search=noir%20d%C3%A9sir%20

if you like some bands who know how to rock and who are not internationaly famous, well, come on and send it!

our band rules
04-26-2006, 03:00 PM
Wow, cool voice

Apart from when he says working class hero you wouldn'y know he's french. Really good version.

sargasm
04-26-2006, 07:18 PM
The best french rock band I know of is Berurier Noir.

wany
04-26-2006, 07:30 PM
yeah Berurier Noir is a great band, but it's more punk rock and lyrics are no that good!! Noir desir's got powerfull lyrics!!!

by the way, i love your avatar sargasm!!!

maXterbat0r
04-26-2006, 07:38 PM
yeah, rock on, buds.

that was fantastic. the lyricist mispronounced some words, but it worked. also, there was a sax playing and i couldn't hear it that great. great song.

INDUSTRIALMETAL
04-26-2006, 08:42 PM
I like some French metal like Malmonde and A.N.A.E.L.

Green_Fox
04-26-2006, 08:59 PM
what are some good french bands with french lyrics?!?
i've been studying french for five years, then i stopped for three years, then im studying it again in college. i want to see if i can understand anything. =\

sargasm
04-26-2006, 09:26 PM
yeah Berurier Noir is a great band, but it's more punk rock and lyrics are no that good!! Noir desir's got powerfull lyrics!!!

by the way, i love your avatar sargasm!!!

I don't really speak french well enough to judge the quality of the lyrics, so it doesn't bother me.

I'm going to get my sister to pick up the new album for me when she goes to Quebec next week.

wany
04-27-2006, 09:01 AM
what are some good french bands with french lyrics?!?
i've been studying french for five years, then i stopped for three years, then im studying it again in college. i want to see if i can understand anything. =\

Here's a song from "la tordue", musical universe's really frenchy but it has good lyrics! This one's not too hard to understand, wich is not easy to find (good french lyrics with no pun and stuff!). And I hope you're not a Jesus' fan! ;)

wany
04-27-2006, 09:03 AM
I.N.R.I.

c'est à cause de toi tout ça
c'est à cause de toi
tout ceux qui vont chez toi
n'en reviennent pas

c'est de toi qu'on cause mon gars
c'est d'toi qu'on cause
te défile pas comme ça
te défile pom, pom, pom...

ici pas de faux départ
pas d'faux départ
trois jours plus tard et s'en revient
et s'en revient

on ne meurt qu'une fois nous autres
on n'meurt qu'une fois
pas de cinéma mon pote
pas d'cinéma

nous on s'endort
on ne dit plus rien
c'est ceux autour
qu'ont du chagrin

on fait dodo tout con
dans un lit de pierre
pas de relations oh non
chez monsieur Pierre

on descend sans office
vers ceux qui déjà
on est pas tous des fils
à ton papa

pom, pom, pom, pom...

reste sur ta croix j'te l'dis
reste sur ta croix
le saint esprit ici
ça ne prendra pas

qu'y a-t-il d'mieux dans l'autre monde
j'te l'demande comme ça
et quand bien même on monte
mieux vaut bien vivre ici-bas

si par malheur
j'arrive chez toi
si par malheur
si par erreur
j'me retrouve dans l'bleu
par erreur si
alors je t'en prie
sacré bon dieu
une seule fois
n'est pas coutume
si par erreur
j'me trompe de turne
si par malheur
je tombe chez toi
alors je t'en prie
une dernière fois

envoie-moi au diable

Green_Fox
04-27-2006, 01:03 PM
haha, wow. i only understood a good portion of it. i got the idea though. no, im not a "Jesus fan", i understand why you asked, lol.
what kind of music does it go with?!? and whats the band's name?
i'd like to hear it.

wany
04-27-2006, 06:32 PM
the band's named "La tordue".
http://www.bros.ca/catalogue/product_info.php?cPath=7&products_id=983

pick "Inri 4 yabon", you'll hear a live version. you can listen to "Le vent t'invite" too, it's a good one. don't be afraid of the music's style, i suppose it must be a little bit weird when you don't understand lyrics cuz lyrics make the band (hum..don't know if this means something!). anyway, enjoy!

Green_Fox
04-27-2006, 06:39 PM
hmm...it's only a sample though

wany
04-27-2006, 06:55 PM
yeah i know, i couldn't found the entiere version, but it can give you an idea of it!

Green_Fox
04-27-2006, 07:21 PM
have you heard of our lady peace? do you know any french bands that sound like that?

wany
04-27-2006, 07:26 PM
:confused: ??? i'm gonna be ridiculous but, nevermind! are you talking about some peacefull music or a band name lady peace or some like that? ..........( i can hear you laugh at me from my computer already!!)

Green_Fox
04-27-2006, 07:31 PM
:haha:haha omg.
it's a band. "our lady peace". they're canadian, oh well. i guess you havent heard of them. i love their lyrics, powerful if you ask me. i wanted to know if you could recommend anything like that.

wany
04-27-2006, 07:36 PM
(i'm glad being ridiculous don't kill!!)
well no, i've never heard of it, but i would glad to! don't you have any exemple i could listen to?

Green_Fox
04-27-2006, 07:41 PM
yeah, let me see if i can.
if you can, you should download "in repair". it's one of thier best songs and one of my favorite songs of all time. :o

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00005A8H0/qid=1146181598/sr=1-4/ref=sr_1_4/102-3976448-5310558?s=music&v=glance&n=5174

scroll down and listen to "in repair". it's a sample. :p:

wany
04-27-2006, 07:52 PM
ok, i'm gonna download it this night, while i'm sleeping: it's almost 2 o'clock in the morning here and i got to get up tomorrow!! so, i'll tell you what i think of "our lady peace" later! good night! :zzz:

Green_Fox
04-27-2006, 07:53 PM
lol, d'accord

wany
04-27-2006, 08:05 PM
oops, i haven't seen you put a link for a sample! well i've just heard it. it's pretty good but honestly, i think it looks like so much other bands!! but anyway, as you said, it's only a sample, i'll listen to the complete song tomorrow, and i'll watch the lyrics!
(..... ok go to bed now, stop talking!!) mmm, think my conscience's trying to tell me something...! night

wany
04-27-2006, 08:07 PM
and thanx for the little french word!! (.....aaaaaaaah! bed! right now!)