Resources for jazz paper...

PDA

View Full Version : Resources for jazz paper...

Burdell
04-26-2006, 08:49 PM
So long story short I have to write a research paper on jazz guitar. I need some resources (books, websites, etc) that deal with jazz guitar and more specifically the impact it has had on the humanities (art, music, language, bla bla bla). Any help is appreciated.

angusyoung101
04-26-2006, 08:57 PM
wikipedia, the greatest online source ever

Gabuydachk
04-29-2006, 06:10 PM
wikipedia, the greatest online source ever
true dat

ukdudeinuk
04-29-2006, 06:12 PM
For school you cannot use Wikipedia. Every teacher I have this year has preached at least once on how because the authors of the articles are not credited, you cannot trust it. I always bring up the fact that other people can fix wrong information and if something is contested people do the research and fix it, but we still are not allowed to use Wikipedia. Play it safe and dont use it! If your school lets you, then I hate you. Alot.

Gabuydachk
05-01-2006, 03:49 PM
So long story short I have to write a research paper on jazz guitar. I need some resources (books, websites, etc) that deal with jazz guitar and more specifically the impact it has had on the humanities (art, music, language, bla bla bla). Any help is appreciated.
you'll get more if you widen your project to jazz in general because guitar is too specific

psychodelia
05-01-2006, 05:51 PM
The earliest big name in jazz guitar that comes to my mind is Django Reinhardt. I'm sure you could find some decent stuff on him. There might be a few others, but I'm not familiar with them.

However, as Gabuydachk said, widening to all of jazz would make the project much easier.

Steve Cropper
05-01-2006, 09:39 PM
As far as time line of jazz guitar it kind came in generations.
There was the Hawaiin steel guitarists like Sol Hoopi then there was Eddie Lang. Then Django and Charlie Christian. Then came all the bop guitarists like Jimmy Raney, Barney Kessel, Kenny Burrell, Jim Gaffigan. Then came the soul jazz and cool jazz like Grant Green and Wes Montgomery. Ill go on when I remember more.