Do musician's wanted ad's work

PDA

View Full Version : Do musician's wanted ad's work

kyle_katarn3
04-27-2006, 02:04 AM
I realize i posted 2 threads right after the other, but this is something completely different.

So, im bandless and im not happy about it.

Im just wondering if anyone has ever had success with "Musician's Wanted" ads. I was thinking of practicing a lot this summer, and when i get back to school next year, putting some up within the first couple of weeks. Have these worked for anyone?

BrianApocalypse
04-27-2006, 08:44 AM
This is a weird story, but I posted something on here looking for a bassist, and I got a reply from a bass player.

So I got her in contact with my singer, and "she" turned out to be a pre-op transvestite.

All in good fun though, no-one got raped.

metal_fretter
04-27-2006, 08:58 AM
^^.........wow. iv put an ad in...... actauly id better cheack for replies.

oh :(

Mr_Hyde
04-28-2006, 04:26 AM
no.........

Trivium
04-29-2006, 12:41 AM
It's possible.. I usually get more luck off of word of mouth. Just get word out in the local band scene that you're trying to start a band. Give a recording to some people who know some people lol. I sent a recording to a few friends of mine and within a week or two I've had different offers from 4 bands to play, so that's definatly a good option. No matter where you're at there are almost always people around that play an instrument that you don't know about, so just give it a shot, and hey if that doesn't work Musician Ad's could only help.

Dan Steinman
04-29-2006, 02:05 AM
hmm... hit up a guitar store and ask the customers?

duggyrocks
04-30-2006, 06:16 AM
Ive never tried it but it might work. It'd probably be better though if you got the word out to musicians of your taste. I found band members through school and bebo. Never got found to actualy gettin it together though.........

gtrfrk123
05-03-2006, 10:11 PM
It would probally work. I tried them and didn't get what i wanted, so i looked harder in my area, and now i am in a band. I did find my drummer on www.drummerworld.com though.

SavageNights
05-04-2006, 04:47 AM
No matter where you're at there are almost always people around that play an instrument that you don't know about, so just give it a shot, and hey if that doesn't work Musician Ad's could only help.

Very true. Many people I know play the guitar, yet I never knew.

hmm... hit up a guitar store and ask the customers?

Never done it and hasn't happened to me but I can imagine it.

StaggHound
05-04-2006, 07:22 AM
It's not as if it'd hurt to put out a musician wanted ad. If noone replies, all you've lost is time and a few sheets of paper. If people do reply, then you could gain a musician.

Caressing Death
05-05-2006, 04:48 AM
A little of the topic but when me and my band made our ad for a singer we said:
Singer wanted for metal band.
Must be male or female
Between the ages of 13-20
95% of Irish blackurrents go into Ribena
contact us on (blah blah blah...)