Hardcore/Metal

PDA

View Full Version : Hardcore/Metal

<><
04-28-2006, 04:44 PM
We've had three threads created about hardcore bands in the metal forum today...It's honestly getting a bit annoying. We've got a thread here (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=338207) with a list of bands that don't belong in the metal forum; if you could perhaps copy it into here and sticky it so that the 'metalhead' n00bs wouldn't keep telling us that A7x REALLY IS METAL, it would be much appreciated. Thanks guys. :)

(The other thread was created in reciprocation for our grief, I don't actually think Britney is '1337') :p:

Final
04-28-2006, 04:52 PM
editededed - I was an asshole.;)

Apologies for this first post.

<><
04-28-2006, 04:58 PM
You're a regular of the hardcore forum, correct?

...I wouldn't be talking if I were you.

*edit: Apology accepted. :)

SGRocker0791
04-28-2006, 05:15 PM
Stop spamming.

He's not spamming, but asking for a request. We are serious about Metalcore bands popping up in the Metal forum. It gets fucking annoying after a while and the Metal forum gets unenjoyable IMO.

fps_doug
04-28-2006, 05:32 PM
Finally. Maybe some people will catch on.

Final
04-28-2006, 05:45 PM
You're a regular of the hardcore forum, correct?

...I wouldn't be talking if I were you.

I don't regularly post in this forum, but I regularly browse it. Anywho..

There's this thread (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38098) that shows what bands are hardcore/metalcore/etc. So there's no point in making a whole new stickied thread telling kids what bands are metalcore and shouldn't belong in the metal forum. Perhaps this metal thread (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=338207) could be posted at the top of the other thread for the kids to read. But there will be people who will always post Avenged Sevenfold threads in the metal forum, not everybody reads the stickies, your best bet is to just avoid reading them.. or you can yell at the kids about it and hope they learn a lesson.

<><
04-28-2006, 05:52 PM
Perhaps this metal thread (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=338207) could be posted at the top of the other thread for the kids to read.That's what I was already saying. :p:

Final
04-28-2006, 06:00 PM
That's what I was already saying. :p:

Ohhh, haha, seems I read something a little wrong. I apologize.
But yeah, I'm with you on that idea then.

<><
04-28-2006, 06:02 PM
Ohhh, haha, seems I read something a little wrong. I apologize.
But yeah, I'm with you on that idea then.Awesome, seems we have a plan then. :cheers:

Tarzan_man
04-28-2006, 06:25 PM
The Metal forum Needs get a new mod and a new attitude. Stop hanging on to your true metal ideas. Music changes ffs get over it.

<><
04-28-2006, 06:27 PM
The Metal forum Needs get a new mod and a new attitude. Stop hanging on to your true metal ideas. Music changes ffs get over it.A recent flamee, I see. :rolleyes:

kaktusnpoop
04-28-2006, 06:28 PM
Maybe if Avenged Sevenfold fell off the face of the earth, it could help out both the Hardcore and the Metal Forums?

Just throwing out ideas

mer_der_noms
04-28-2006, 06:33 PM
Well...in all honesty...If people would go with what bands are actually labeled and not what they think then we wouldn't have this problem.

You can't really blame the Metal forum. If people would stop posting annoying threads in our forum we wouldn't be as bitchy. We don't do it to you guys so please refrain from posting irrelevant threads in our forum.

Tarzan_man
04-28-2006, 06:33 PM
A recent flamee, I see. :rolleyes:

I've never been flamed ever in the Metal forum. The people on this site are too stuck-up about the genres. Honestly, You people analize it way too much. I've Never heard anyone bitching at any concerts or shows "Oh They aren't true Metal blah blah blah"

LedZeppelin
04-28-2006, 06:34 PM
The Metal forum Needs get a new mod and a new attitude. Stop hanging on to your true metal ideas. Music changes ffs get over it.

No bitch, that's what makes us kvlt.

<><
04-28-2006, 06:35 PM
I've never been flamed ever in the Metal forum. The people on this site are too stuck-up about the genres. Honestly, You people analize it way too much. I've Never heard anyone bitching at any concerts or shows "Oh They aren't true Metal blah blah blah"That's because you've only been to the shows that we wouldn't be seen dead at.

Dirtydeeds468
04-28-2006, 06:36 PM
I've never been flamed ever in the Metal forum. The people on this site are too stuck-up about the genres. Honestly, You people analize it way too much. I've Never heard anyone bitching at any concerts or shows "Oh They aren't true Metal blah blah blah"

Look, we don't make the rules. Harcore bands do NOT go in the Metal Forum.

The End. Game Over. :wavey:

kaktusnpoop
04-28-2006, 06:38 PM
Well...in all honesty...If people would go with what bands are actually labeled and not what they think then we wouldn't have this problem.

You can't really blame the Metal forum. If people would stop posting annoying threads in our forum we wouldn't be as bitchy. We don't do it to you guys so please refrain from posting irrelevant threads in our forum.

I totally agree with you

Avenged Sevenfold started out as a hardcore band, and now they are more of a rock/metal band now, and only recently kids are becoming aware of them, not knowing of their past. Another example is Fall Out Boy, a lot of people don't know about their hardcore roots. It's just people's awareness about the band, they don't know about their origins. And I'm not saying I know everything about music, I most certainly do not, I just found out yesterday Moby was in a hardcore band before turning his attention to techno. But, that's how **** works these days, can't hate on the people who don't know about a band's past.

las7
04-28-2006, 06:39 PM
Face it even if you fill the metal forum and hXc forum with stickies the people who start threads like this
":) :heart: a7x R soo coolzor ,they are the next Metallica ;) What do U ThInK bout them? Caus I simply :heart: them"
Usually are unable to read a simple username title correctly, so literature like the stickies would be way too hard to comprehend for them.

kaktusnpoop
04-28-2006, 06:42 PM
Don't generalize every person in the hardcore forum, I post in the hardcore forum and I don't post threads about avenged sevenfold, i personally dislike avenged sevenfold

I'm actually an open minded kid and listen to both metal and hardcore

Dirtydeeds468
04-28-2006, 06:43 PM
Meh, hold on. We'll never know how many stupid and useless threads the new sticky has stopped from happening.

There will always be some n0ob who is just itching to post in the Metal forum to be considered 'kvlt' among other UG members. :rolleyes:

mer_der_noms
04-28-2006, 06:43 PM
I totally agree with you

Avenged Sevenfold started out as a hardcore band, and now they are more of a rock/metal band now, and only recently kids are becoming aware of them, not knowing of their past. Another example is Fall Out Boy, a lot of people don't know about their hardcore roots. It's just people's awareness about the band, they don't know about their origins. And I'm not saying I know everything about music, I most certainly do not, I just found out yesterday Moby was in a hardcore band before turning his attention to techno. But, that's how **** works these days, can't hate on the people who don't know about a band's past.

Exactly. People have to listen to the band and see how they evolved from what they were to what they are. If people would be, dare I say it, more optimistic and open-minded, more people would be aware of this, but since they tend to blow off all logical reasoning from one song or album or change then it makes it hard to understand the band and how they're labeled.

kaktusnpoop
04-28-2006, 06:44 PM
Exactly. People have to listen to the band and see how they evolved from what they were to what they are. If people would be, dare I say it, more optimistic and open-minded, more people would be aware of this, but since they tend to blow off all logical reasoning from one song or album or change then it makes it hard to understand the band and how they're labeled.

Pretty much taking the words out of my mouth

Now, I am no saint, there are plenty of bands I dislike and don't care for

<><
04-28-2006, 06:44 PM
Don't generalize every person in the hardcore forum, I post in the hardcore forum and I don't post threads about avenged sevenfold, i personally dislike avenged sevenfold

I'm actually an open minded kid and listen to both metal and hardcoreI don't think he was generalising the regulars, just the people who posted the A7x threads. :)

kaktusnpoop
04-28-2006, 06:45 PM
I don't think he was generalising the regulars, just the people who posted the A7x threads. :)

I figured that too, but it just sounded generalized

las7
04-28-2006, 06:49 PM
People who post a thread about nu-metal/metalcore in the metal forum (from my experience) do it for three reasons:
1They are quite uninformed
2They don?t read or use the recommendations thread
3They do it to piss off the metal heads.

mer_der_noms
04-28-2006, 06:52 PM
I'm talking about anyone who rips on another genre, band or song because of what it is and who it came from.

Like it or not, you have to respect other peoples opinions and likes in music, because more than likely if not probably, not everybody is going to like the same music you do and label it the same. People are different ya know.

I think that if we can just set aside our differences and accept one anothers musical difference and respect it..then we shant have this problem.

kaktusnpoop
04-28-2006, 06:53 PM
I'm talking about anyone who rips on another genre, band or song because of what it is and who it came from.

Like it or not, you have to respect other peoples opinions and likes in music, because more than likely if not probably, not everybody is going to like the same music you do and label it the same. People are different ya know.

I think that if we can just set aside our differences and accept one anothers musical difference and respect it..then we shant have this problem.

But, there are gonna be people who just want to be jerks and disrepect other people's opinions, **** sucks really

las7
04-28-2006, 07:02 PM
Personally where I live metal listeners don?t make a big deal about genre we are a small enough community to not go around fragmenting our selves but in UG land there are rules ,we fallow rules and we brake them but at the end of the day rules are the things that keep UG working. Post a a7x thread once get flamed, post a Trivium thread twice get warned ,post a Slipknot thread 3 times get a bann. It?s like shock treatment unless you get kicks out of watching a bunch of posts which include 50 ways to kill you and torment your lifeless body, you will sooner or latter learn your lesson.

Hell when I was unaware of the UG laws I made a Tool Thread in the Metal forum, I still refer to Tool as progressive metal I just learned to deal with it, while I post here.

GoodCharloteSux
04-28-2006, 07:03 PM
^ same :cheers: