The Fall Of Troy break-up?

PDA

View Full Version : The Fall Of Troy break-up?

EmO_RuleZ!!
04-30-2006, 10:35 PM
Don't flame me or whatever, but I do enjoy this band. So tonight, I've read a whole bunch of stuff about how they broke up or whatever. Any truth to this? Maybe they were just drunk?

myvaliantleap
04-30-2006, 10:39 PM
where did you read this?

waldorphPRS41
04-30-2006, 10:41 PM
That better not be true.

eltravo
05-01-2006, 12:11 AM
i hope its not.

the_astronaut
05-01-2006, 12:19 AM
Link?

Gomorrah
05-01-2006, 12:24 AM
Link?

http://windflame.net/fot/forums/index.php?showtopic=4544

the_astronaut
05-01-2006, 12:55 AM
^Thanks.

&woah. wtf?

That's some messed up stuff.

I guess it's all rumours so far though.

)Eric(Draven
05-01-2006, 02:48 AM
Uh... ****.

J Lock
05-01-2006, 03:07 AM
Eh..

shai_savant
05-01-2006, 03:10 AM
there is always the asshole who says finally

finally

.:bleednomore:.
05-01-2006, 06:50 AM
WOOWWOWOW.
If they break up, im done. haha

Paint
05-01-2006, 07:54 AM
.there is always the asshole who says finally

finally.

brake_p
05-01-2006, 01:59 PM
If they break up, there won't be a point to living anymore. Everyone might as well die if the fall of troy break up.

dead_kennedy
05-01-2006, 02:05 PM
would be a real shame, but i have no doubts that thom would go on to do something different, better and overall more experimental.

J Lock
05-01-2006, 03:03 PM
I hope not.
This is almost as pretentious as The Mars Volta.

PaintOurSilence
05-01-2006, 03:09 PM
FEAR NOT LADS!!!!, its all straightend outhttp://windflame.net/fot/forums/index.php?showtopic=4551

frying nemo08
05-01-2006, 04:20 PM
i was at that show.

it was wierd and it sucked beacuse they didnt give us a full set, and heavy heavy low low and the black out pact were in prison. so it was real short

bobjewell87
05-01-2006, 04:22 PM
reminds me of the time when blood brothers 'broke up'

05-01-2006, 04:38 PM
Yay to them not breaking up

MattDaviesFFAF
05-01-2006, 04:43 PM
Thank god.

They never had any Irish dates and I'd be pissed if I never got to see them.

system
05-01-2006, 05:41 PM
some people are seriously obsessed in those threads.. going as far as to claim that fall of troy is their only reason to continue living.. i really hope they're embellishing. because thats kinda really sad.

i would have liked to see him play butterfly though. haha.

RHCPhysco8
05-01-2006, 05:53 PM
i was at that show.

it was wierd and it sucked beacuse they didnt give us a full set, and heavy heavy low low and the black out pact were in prison. so it was real short

I'm glad i got to see all of them :)

but wow, thank god they didnt break up.

waldorphPRS41
05-01-2006, 06:11 PM
The last couple days have been hell. We're not breaking up. We're finishing the tour and then going home to rest before we're back out on the road. Thanks for the support!
That is in a bulletin TFOT put up on myspace.

05-01-2006, 10:40 PM
some people are seriously obsessed in those threads.. going as far as to claim that fall of troy is their only reason to continue living.. i really hope they're embellishing. because thats kinda really sad..
Yeah, alot of them went over board.

brake_p
05-02-2006, 02:30 PM
some people are seriously obsessed in those threads.. going as far as to claim that fall of troy is their only reason to continue living.. i really hope they're embellishing. because thats kinda really sad.

i would have liked to see him play butterfly though. haha.

Well, yes, I was kidding. I still want to live, but it's just a really huge bummer that The Fall of Troy may split up.

zeldar
05-02-2006, 05:55 PM
what does this mean about warped tour?

cause say anything dropped, anf if TFOT isnt playing then whats the point, i can go see most of the other bands at some other place.

EmO_RuleZ!!
05-02-2006, 06:54 PM
They're playing Warped^

And I saw them last night, and they were awesome. During the finale, some kid knocked Thom's mic over and he stormed off stage. But overall it was an amazing show.

Ambulance X
05-02-2006, 07:17 PM
Hooooollllyyyy shiiiiiit. For the sake of Christ's dead body, read, people! I know some of you actually read the post, but for the record, TFOT is just taking a break. They're not pulling an ATDI on us. This break is temporary, just so the guys can get their heads together and write more music. This will more than likely speed up the writing process for TFOT's new album and also Thom's side project, The Hills Have Eyes, who have an EP due out by next year and a fall tour with HeavyHeavyLowLow in the works. The Black Unicorn tour is unlikely and the Warped Tour dates are up in the air. What happened in Columbus was, as Thom put it, a culmination of exhaustion from 8 months of touring around the world. So here's the lowdown:
1) No break-up involved.
2) He Is Legend tour is highly unlikely.
3) Finishing the tour with #12.
4) Warped Tour up in the air.
5) THHE and TFOT albums probably getting pushed up.

EmO_RuleZ!!
05-02-2006, 07:24 PM
^^If HHLL ever get out of jail

waldorphPRS41
05-02-2006, 11:06 PM
^^Haha I think i read something from them saying they are out and apoligize for missing shows.

EmO_RuleZ!!
05-03-2006, 06:32 AM
Oh, that's good then.
I don't generally like them, but I hear being in jail sucks.

So onto their show on Monday night;
Their set was really good, Andrew's drum kit kept messing up.
Tim looked stoned and pissed, Thom was really really into it.
It was overall really good until some kid crowd surfed onto the stage and knocked Thom's mic over into him and he got pissed off and left the stage.

s0nofabe4ch
05-03-2006, 08:29 AM
^ how anal-retentive.

What are the Heavy Low's in jail for??

Smoothie
05-03-2006, 09:41 AM
^ how anal-retentive.

What are the Heavy Low's in jail for??

Alcohol... Getting drunk in public I think.

Jarrott
05-03-2006, 10:29 AM
would be a real shame, but i have no doubts that thom would go on to do something different, better and overall more experimental.

Go look up the band "The Hills Have Eyes"

:cool:

EmO_RuleZ!!
05-03-2006, 02:12 PM
^ how anal-retentive

Yeah, but it was the finale, so it'snot like anything was lost.

Aka55
05-04-2006, 04:13 PM
The black unicorn tour isn't 'highly unlikely' it's happening, and they'll be there.

stratstrummer40
05-04-2006, 05:09 PM
I REALLYYYY hate to admit it, but does anyone else think Tom is king of an arrogant prick? I mean he is one of my biggest influences and he was cool when I met him (even though he doesnt talk whatsoever off stage atleast to that show I went to) but Iv read stories where he bitches at kids who get to close to his pedals when they go onstage. It also seems like hes sort of an attention *****... I dunno it could just be me. I mean if guitarslinger says Tom stormed off the stage after some kid knocked down his mic or whatever that just pisses me off.

stratstrummer40
05-04-2006, 05:12 PM
what does this mean about warped tour?

cause say anything dropped, anf if TFOT isnt playing then whats the point, i can go see most of the other bands at some other place.

SAY ANYTHING DROPPED?

GOD DAMNITTTTTTTTT

Every ****ing time i try and see that band they drop out of the tour. I love Max to absolute pieces and hes on of my favorite song writers on this earth but god hes gotta get his band out playing more... UGH THIS BETTTER BE A MISTAKE.

05-04-2006, 05:20 PM
I REALLYYYY hate to admit it, but does anyone else think Tom is king of an arrogant prick? I mean he is one of my biggest influences and he was cool when I met him (even though he doesnt talk whatsoever off stage atleast to that show I went to) but Iv read stories where he bitches at kids who get to close to his pedals when they go onstage. It also seems like hes sort of an attention *****... I dunno it could just be me. I mean if guitarslinger says Tom stormed off the stage after some kid knocked down his mic or whatever that just pisses me off.
Yeah i agree. Andrew and Tim are wicked chill, and Tom is just kinda like...not chill. like hes a nice guy (from the two words he said when i talked to him) but he needs to i think, be more appreciative, and when a fan comes up to just say a single word, not blow them off because youre waiting for a drink or whatever. he blew alot of kids off at the show i went to a few weeks ago. and to me, that just isnt right

EmO_RuleZ!!
05-04-2006, 08:03 PM
I got deathstared from Tim at the show and Thom was really nice to me. Signed my Dopeelganger lyric booklet and my friend and I talked to him about the broken Double Cut and the reason he had on a Pittsburgh Pirates hat.

okcool
05-04-2006, 09:46 PM
I need to listen to more of their stuff, i've only heard a few of their songs.

Ambulance X
05-04-2006, 11:09 PM
My friend asked Thom if there was a correlation between the Pirates hat and the Ghostship demos haha. And the broken DC? What's going on with that? Did it get busted?

EmO_RuleZ!!
05-05-2006, 02:17 PM
He broke the headstock the night the stuff went down. And he told us (my friend and i) that he wore it because they beat the Seatle team? I don't watch baseball, so I have no idea.

megadave_49
05-05-2006, 02:22 PM
i dont enjoy their cluttered music

It'sForTheBest
05-06-2006, 03:14 PM
I REALLYYYY hate to admit it, but does anyone else think Tom is king of an arrogant prick? I mean he is one of my biggest influences and he was cool when I met him (even though he doesnt talk whatsoever off stage atleast to that show I went to) but Iv read stories where he bitches at kids who get to close to his pedals when they go onstage. It also seems like hes sort of an attention *****... I dunno it could just be me. I mean if guitarslinger says Tom stormed off the stage after some kid knocked down his mic or whatever that just pisses me off. You have to understand that he stormed off stage after the same kid knocked his mic over for the second time. I would've been mad too. The first time he even kicked Thom in the mouth, but he was cool about it and just said "These things happen at rock shows." I agree that he can give off an arrogant vibe, though.

awal93
05-06-2006, 03:35 PM
My friend asked Thom if there was a correlation between the Pirates hat and the Ghostship demos haha.

haha. i asked him the same exact thing.

but just to clarify some things that have been said.
1) tour with #12 will be finished
2) they'll do the Black Unicorn Tour.
3) no warped.
4) they're gonna be recording with the time off, so that means that the next album will be released quite a bit earlier than planned.

and i don't think thom is really that much of a dick, i mean he does have a lil bit of the rockstar mentality going on, but when it comes to kids getting on stage that's understandable. he doesn't want them up there because he doesn't want them ****ing up all his pedals.

the_astronaut
05-06-2006, 04:29 PM
If I was Thom, I'd be pretty arrogant too.

EmO_RuleZ!!
05-06-2006, 05:39 PM
I love how he is 5"8 and his legs are 4" of that.
Anyway, I wanted to beat that kid from the Pittsburgh show who kicked him in the mouth and then knocked his mic over.

Out of any of the band members at the show, the most moody was Tim. I tried saying "Hi" to him when he was setting up and I got death-stared.

fenderfreak101
05-06-2006, 11:04 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=aRsd4-FVBwQ&search=the%20fall%20of%20troy%20

Just thought I'd share this video.

It's an interview of Thom and Tim, and they talk about why they hate when kids get in the way of their effects and other stuff.

Plus, a live high quality video of I Just Got This Symphony Going at the end.

joeneau
05-08-2006, 02:39 PM
didnt they say at a show that they were breaking up but i got a bulliten saying they werent anymore.can someone explain what happened?

05-09-2006, 03:00 PM
You have to understand that he stormed off stage after the same kid knocked his mic over for the second time. I would've been mad too. The first time he even kicked Thom in the mouth, but he was cool about it and just said "These things happen at rock shows." I agree that he can give off an arrogant vibe, though.
Yeah. But still. This is kinda off topic, but Anthony Green at a show was like decked by some kid into the mic stand and it knocked everything down, including him. And he didnt care. Im sure the kid with tom didnt mean to knock it down, and if it happens, it happens, get used to it. You dont go storming off stage because of that.

Ambulance X
05-09-2006, 08:51 PM
haha. i asked him the same exact thing.

but just to clarify some things that have been said.
1) tour with #12 will be finished
2) they'll do the Black Unicorn Tour.
3) no warped.
4) they're gonna be recording with the time off, so that means that the next album will be released quite a bit earlier than planned.

and i don't think thom is really that much of a dick, i mean he does have a lil bit of the rockstar mentality going on, but when it comes to kids getting on stage that's understandable. he doesn't want them up there because he doesn't want them ****ing up all his pedals.

Mos' def'. Thom IS a nice guy, but he does have the whole rockstar thing going on. But I'd say he is an overall nice guy.

stratstrummer40
05-09-2006, 09:03 PM
You have to understand that he stormed off stage after the same kid knocked his mic over for the second time. I would've been mad too. The first time he even kicked Thom in the mouth, but he was cool about it and just said "These things happen at rock shows." I agree that he can give off an arrogant vibe, though.

ohhhhh well I never heard that pary, thats understandable then. that kid shouldnt have been in the front.

ChrisPetrie
05-10-2006, 08:36 AM
didnt they say at a show that they were breaking up but i got a bulliten saying they werent anymore.can someone explain what happened?

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/fall_of_troy_go_on_hiatus.html

Fat_Kid
05-10-2006, 09:50 AM
too rite

dead_kennedy
05-10-2006, 11:42 AM
I can understand when he gets annoyed when his pedals get knocked by some kid crowdsurfing or something like that. I mean if you actually think about how much **** he's got up infront of him, one tap or anything could just screw things up royally. And i'm pretty sure they want to put on a good show. In the interview in the link up there ^ he didn't seem too arrogant at all, but i've never see the fall of troy live.

fenderfreak101
05-10-2006, 09:26 PM
I can understand when he gets annoyed when his pedals get knocked by some kid crowdsurfing or something like that. I mean if you actually think about how much **** he's got up infront of him, one tap or anything could just screw things up royally. And i'm pretty sure they want to put on a good show. In the interview in the link up there ^ he didn't seem too arrogant at all, but i've never see the fall of troy live.

Ya, i dont think he sounds arrogant in that video, but I've watched almost every live video i could find by them, and on a couple of them, he does stuff to the crowd that is pretty bad.

Like in this video:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=788746244519707837&q=the+fall+of+troy

First off, what he says to that guy in the beginning is pretty much like saying "**** you" to a fan. Also, at about the 4:30 mark in that video, he slaps a kid off of the stage for coming near his pedals.

I'm kind of mixed about him. I think he plays the "Nice Guy" role in front of media.