Gary Moore Red House Live Video

PDA

View Full Version : Gary Moore Red House Live Video

m3cadet
05-01-2006, 01:25 AM
I don't know if this was posted or not but this is a sweet video of Gary Moore wailing out a tribute to Jimi Hendrix

Red House (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXYjEMTQRm0&search=red%20house%20moore)

GNR-4-Ever
05-01-2006, 05:12 AM
Red house?! Must see...

GNR-4-Ever
05-01-2006, 05:13 AM
Hmm....not working....bummer.

dr_john
05-01-2006, 05:29 AM
i can't get it to work either, just says 'loading' until i get fed up waiting and cancel it.

dr_john
05-01-2006, 05:43 AM
ok tried again and it works fine now.

awesome performance in the main, the solo was a tad long and was losing direction towards the end but great tone and a great performance.

AxeAbuser#2
05-01-2006, 10:41 AM
just buy the strat pack dvd... this is from there, the dvd also has many kick ass players ;). gary's version of this is slighty OTT. but even so, he still is an amazing player

mike26
05-01-2006, 08:39 PM
That dvd is really great. Lots of greats playing on that show, must have been an amazign show to see live. Moore does an awesome job on Red House there. Joe Walsh's talkbox solo on Rocky Mountain Way is really awesome on that dvd as well.

Resiliance
05-02-2006, 11:58 AM
Not impressed.

m3cadet
05-02-2006, 12:38 PM
Not impressed.
Then what version of red house you you find better?

Resiliance
05-02-2006, 12:41 PM
Well, I'm not saying any version is "better" than any other... Don't get me wrong.

But I'm just not into the whole pure blues thing... If you get my drift... Once again, don't get me wrong, I fricking love the blues scale, I just prefer more creative (imo) uses for it.

And a version I really like is Paul Gilbert's... But ofcourse it's probably going to be too fast or no feeling or whatever argument you can throw at me... If you wanna have a listen though: http://resi.saug-meinen-schwanz.net/MP3/Paul%20Gilbert%20-%20Red%20House.mp3

TheHeartbreaker
05-02-2006, 09:41 PM
That's a nice way to play the blues. :cool:

smokeebunny
05-02-2006, 10:16 PM
Well, I'm not saying any version is "better" than any other... Don't get me wrong.

But I'm just not into the whole pure blues thing... If you get my drift... Once again, don't get me wrong, I fricking love the blues scale, I just prefer more creative (imo) uses for it.

And a version I really like is Paul Gilbert's... But ofcourse it's probably going to be too fast or no feeling or whatever argument you can throw at me... If you wanna have a listen though: http://resi.saug-meinen-schwanz.net/MP3/Paul%20Gilbert%20-%20Red%20House.mp3

alright im not sure what your getting at, not trying to argue, but you say you love the blues scale, but you prefer more creativety, are you saying that Gary Moore has no creativety when he solo's, you should really here some of his playing more, he doesnt just run up and down the fret board, and i wouldn't neccesarily say Gary Moore is blues either, dont get me wrong, his last couple of albums were blues, but i still consider him a rock player, im not trying to argue, but what dont you find impressive about his playing?

P.S. Paul Gilbert's version is very nice

Resiliance
05-03-2006, 07:06 AM
alright im not sure what your getting at, not trying to argue, but you say you love the blues scale, but you prefer more creativety, are you saying that Gary Moore has no creativety when he solo's, you should really here some of his playing more, he doesnt just run up and down the fret board, and i wouldn't neccesarily say Gary Moore is blues either, dont get me wrong, his last couple of albums were blues, but i still consider him a rock player, im not trying to argue, but what dont you find impressive about his playing?

P.S. Paul Gilbert's version is very nice

Well, yes and no.

I'm saying I don't think he sounds very creative on this particular video... It's just the same old pre-chewed pentatonic phrases, to me. That doesn't make it bad, that just doesn't make it quite as good as it could have been to me.

I'm quite familiar with his other stuff, rest assured... Not that I'm impressed with that either, but that's another matter.

It's hard to say... His phrasing is just so common for me... He doesn't really do anything out of the ordinary with his playing, you know?

To be honest, I could play like Gary does on that video, and I'm sure many others here could too... But I for instance couldn't instantly come up with ideas like for example Paul Gilbert uses in his version. I like to be surprised.

SuburbanCowboy
05-03-2006, 12:28 PM
To be honest, I could play like Gary does on that video.

That's a bold claim, friend. Can you give us proof?

m3cadet
05-03-2006, 08:14 PM
That's a bold claim, friend. Can you give us proof?

A video, mp3 something would be nice.

dr_john
05-04-2006, 08:29 AM
A video, mp3 something would be nice.

gone quiet hasn't he?

:liplick:

Resiliance
05-04-2006, 12:27 PM
^Yes, quite. Because I'm realising how much of an increasing impossibility it is in this forum to utter your opinion without having it ripped to pieces by people trying to turn music into some kind of a competition and apparently can't accept my opinions...

The last paragraph was to illustrate my opinion, not some kind of ego-boost.

You're all COMPLETELY missing the point of my post.

Get the point, will you.

****ing hell. :confused:

SuburbanCowboy
05-04-2006, 01:46 PM
^Yes, quite. Because I'm realising how much of an increasing impossibility it is in this forum to utter your opinion without having it ripped to pieces by people trying to turn music into some kind of a competition and apparently can't accept my opinions...

Get the point, will you.

The point is.. you claimed that you can play as well as Gary Moore. And if you're gonna make claims like that, you gotta back it up.

Resiliance
05-04-2006, 02:09 PM
The point is.. you claimed that you can play as well as Gary Moore. And if you're gonna make claims like that, you gotta back it up.

To be honest, I could play like Gary does on that video, and I'm sure many others here could too...

Nice.

Read next time... :rolleyes:

It's about the mental aspect of improvisation and how I feel I could quite easily come up with the stuff Gary does in my mind, but I'd never even think of some things that for example Gilbert does.

Heck, God knows if I supplied you with an MP3 of the world's greatest blues player, you still wouldn't think it was good if you thought it was me because of preconcieved notions anyway.

:o

Prophet of Page
05-04-2006, 02:18 PM
Resi can outplay Gary. Trust me, I've heard him.

SuburbanCowboy
05-04-2006, 02:19 PM
Nice.

Read next time... :rolleyes:

It's about the mental aspect of improvisation and how I feel I could quite easily come up with the stuff Gary does in my mind, but I'd never even think of some things that for example Gilbert does.

Heck, God knows if I supplied you with an MP3 of the world's greatest blues player, you still wouldn't think it was good if you thought it was me because of preconcieved notions anyway.

:o

Blah Blah Blah. You're trying to turn this into something deeper than it is. The fact is you made a foolish claim and now you're trying to cover it up.

I never said you can't play like Moore. I just wanna hear it now since you said it. You cant just boast about stuff like that if you refuse to back it up. And judging by your reaction to being called out... I doubt you actually will

Prophet of Page
05-04-2006, 02:21 PM
Dude, really, he can.

Resiliance
05-04-2006, 02:21 PM
Now now, I'm sure mommy will be home soon.

SuburbanCowboy
05-04-2006, 02:22 PM
Haha, you just proved my point. Keep going dude...

AxeAbuser#2
05-04-2006, 03:07 PM
Haha, you just proved my point. Keep going dude...

come on mate, back down. you and Resiliance share some great oppinions, but thats all they are, oppinions! and also, i have heard Resiliance play, and my good god he is very very tallented ;).

SuburbanCowboy
05-04-2006, 03:20 PM
come on mate, back down. you and Resiliance share some great oppinions, but thats all they are, oppinions! and also, i have heard Resiliance play, and my good god he is very very tallented ;).

So why cant I hear him too? All I wanna do is hear the guy rip, since everyone on this forum says he's really good.

I'm not trying to start a fight or anything. I really just wanna hear some stuff from you dude, since you're obviously recognized as a guitar ace around here. Whats the big deal about posting a little blues clip for us? I'm very open-minded about music and I really liked that Paul Gilbert version of Red House. So how about letting us hear your take on the blues?

dr_john
05-04-2006, 04:28 PM

Get the point, will you.

hey man chill out, we aren't ripping you to pieces.

i believe that most people who subscribed to this thread agreed with you, but you got to admit that claiming to play as well as gary is likely to provoke some sort of comment!

:)