Taxman

PDA

View Full Version : Taxman

Trapman870
05-01-2006, 07:06 PM
Hey, I have a version of Taxman by SRV, does anyone know if it is on any sort of album that he released? I'd like to get my hands on a copy of it if there is one. Thanks.

SuburbanCowboy
05-01-2006, 08:03 PM
Hmm.. dunno

I just posted cause I wanted to say that the Harrison/Clapton version of Taxman is f*cking AWESOME

ok.. I'm done now

mike26
05-01-2006, 08:34 PM
I just posted cause I wanted to say that the Harrison/Clapton version of Taxman is f*cking AWESOME

Is that the one from the Live in Japan album? If so, then I agree. Thats an amazing version.

IrishBlues
05-01-2006, 08:34 PM
Its on this album

Greatest Hits (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000002AOU/103-6771650-7171028?v=glance&n=5174)

Never heard it but looks like im gonna have to go buy the album. :D

VR2005
05-01-2006, 10:51 PM
It was done for the collection of beatles songs Michael Jackson was going to do and someone suggested that SRV & Double Trouble do Taxman and they recorded it. I honestly don't know if MJ came out with that collection of songs but you know he's a little strange in the head so who knows.

INDUSTRIALMETAL
05-02-2006, 12:20 AM
I believe that Beatles thing was held from shelves, but the song does make an apperance on the Greatest Hits album.

TGM
05-03-2006, 05:38 AM
^ Yeah, the song was never realeased except for on the Greatest Hits.

Here's some more trivia: when first asked to do the cover they tried to do it in a more Beatles style, when that didn't wokr for them they said screw it, and they did it all SRV. Good thing too.

dr_john
05-03-2006, 08:09 AM
Hmm.. dunno

ok.. I'm done now

do you mean the original beatles version on revolver? if so that wasn't clapton, in fact i believe that the lead guitar was played by mccartney. sorry to be an anorak!

i would like to hear SRV's version, didn't know about that. another great version is by tom petty and the heartbreakers on the harrison memorial concert dvd.

:cheers:

SuburbanCowboy
05-03-2006, 12:26 PM
do you mean the original beatles version on revolver? if so that wasn't clapton, in fact i believe that the lead guitar was played by mccartney. sorry to be an anorak!

i would like to hear SRV's version, didn't know about that. another great version is by tom petty and the heartbreakers on the harrison memorial concert dvd.

No, the version I'm talking about is from a concert. I remember one night I couldnt sleep, so I put on VH1 classic at 3 am. After a few crappy videos, they played a video from a George Harrison concert with him performing Taxman on a nice Telecaster, with Clapton on lead guitar. I dont remember what concert it was from. But I know the song was Taxman, and I know it was Clapton on lead.

dr_john
05-03-2006, 03:32 PM
No, the version I'm talking about is from a concert. I remember one night I couldnt sleep, so I put on VH1 classic at 3 am. After a few crappy videos, they played a video from a George Harrison concert with him performing Taxman on a nice Telecaster, with Clapton on lead guitar. I dont remember what concert it was from. But I know the song was Taxman, and I know it was Clapton on lead.

wow that must have been cool. another version to check out.

anyone any ideas which concert?