Acid Jazz, help!!!!

PDA

View Full Version : Acid Jazz, help!!!!

Slashrulz
05-06-2006, 03:18 PM
well im all new in jazz and i want to start with the right foot what bads or singers or whatever d you recomend me to listen preferebly of acid jazz
my likes are rock, metal and core... if that helps you to gimme any names...

Angus77
05-11-2006, 12:24 PM
I don't know much about acid jazz...
But for awesome jazz stuff, definately listen to Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Charlie Parker, John Scofield, Herby Hancock
For some soul/jazz/funk stuff, definately listen to Tower of Power. They are gods.
And of course Motown,
hope I helped in any way.

seljer
05-11-2006, 02:30 PM
well im all new in jazz and i want to start with the right foot what bads or singers or whatever d you recomend me to listen preferebly of acid jazz
my likes are rock, metal and core... if that helps you to gimme any names...

Acid jazz is technically some kind of jazz influenced early 90s english dance/house music, not really jazz at all in a way (nor does it sound like you're on acid). Think Jamiroquai or something along those lines.

for jazz that sounds like you're on acid try Miles Davis - Bitches Brew, one of the first albums of jazz-fusion, though it is very heavy in my opinion (mentally demanding, not in the heavy metal way) but really trippy.
Mahavishnu Orchestra are also good.

DorkusMalorkus
05-11-2006, 02:42 PM
Sun Ra?

I've never listened to him but I think he fits the catagory.

meh!
05-11-2006, 03:11 PM
for jazz that sounds like you're on acid try Miles Davis - Bitches Brew, one of the first albums of jazz-fusion, though it is very heavy in my opinion (mentally demanding, not in the heavy metal way) but really trippy.
Mahavishnu Orchestra are also good.

Ah, that albumn is to much for me! sounds so pretentious to talk about music like this, but it really is to much for me.

I've never liked John Magluchin,not paticuarily because of his playing..i don't listen to him, just because he's got that stupid airy voice and he talks in such a stupid way, he's from yorkshire for ****sake!

I owuld suggest bitches brew, might be what oyur lookig for as well. But..really..it's all in the title.

seljer
05-11-2006, 04:11 PM
Ah, that albumn is to much for me! sounds so pretentious to talk about music like this, but it really is to much for me.

I once heard the thing when I was 13, I really couldn't handle it though I came over it again recently and was able to take it in, being a bit older and musically more mature.

FunkedUp
05-14-2006, 09:35 AM
Acid jazz - Jamiroquai, Incognito, Brand New Heavies (more in their early incarnations), anything from the Brighton label Tru-Thoughts: TM Juke, Quantic, Quantic Soul Orchestra, Alice Russell, see www.tru-thoughts.co.uk