Dokken - Your thoughts?

PDA

View Full Version : Dokken - Your thoughts?

Witch-king
05-07-2006, 09:45 PM
I've only just started to listen to them and I'm pretty blown away.

So what's your favourite album/song/solo by Dokken?

for me it's:

Album: Back For The Attack
Song: Kiss Of Death
Solo: Mr. Scary

I only have Back For The Attack, Tooth And Nail and Under Lock And Key. Are any of their other albums worth getting?

apocalypse13
05-07-2006, 09:48 PM
Well, from what I've heard:

-George Lynch is freaking crazy (judging from that Mr. Scary vid floating around youtube)
-Their songs that I've heard besides that are really only average

So Idk, what I've heard is average except Mr Scary.

Witch-king
05-07-2006, 10:10 PM
^This video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?search=mr+scary&v=_MRJZGMbFj0

It's SUCH a good solo.

TheUltimateSin
05-07-2006, 10:16 PM
My thoughts? Goerge Lynch = Amazing. That simple.

HammerForce
05-08-2006, 07:53 AM
Ye, George Lynch is prety much awesome, Dokkens stuff is generally really catchy but some of it is far too much of a Cheesefest for me.
btw my favourite Solo is 'In My Dreams'

Resiliance
05-08-2006, 11:51 AM
George Lynch has rare moments of greatness, but most of the time he's just wanking with lots of filler...

Dokken has their good songs, but most of it is garbage. Same for Lynch Mob.

jackson_friedma
05-08-2006, 06:38 PM
lynch is awesome i love his tone favourite solo is probably in my dreams or mr. scary obviously
tooth and nail is pretty cool too

ridder
05-12-2006, 08:26 AM
i have the beast from the east cd but i havent really listened to it, is it worth my time?

Axegrinder#9
05-13-2006, 01:57 AM
I dunno, Lynch is a good guitarist, but I don't think he's really much beyond the average technically accomplished rock guitar player - I mean I'd agree he has his moments, but he's just not in the same league with some of the other guys...

and I simply hate his solo on the "We are stars" song - he must not have rehearsed anything at all, and it was probably one take... but though it still is a bad solo.

mexican_shred
05-13-2006, 01:57 AM
one of the better hair metal bands.

great band live

Neon Knight
05-13-2006, 01:02 PM
Well, from what I've heard:

-George Lynch is freaking crazy (judging from that Mr. Scary vid floating around youtube)
-Their songs that I've heard besides that are really only average

So Idk, what I've heard is average except Mr Scary.

indeed, George Lynch is a badass *coughjoinhisclubcough*

Mike1109
05-18-2006, 05:49 PM
Dokken are a solid band, not to mention Jeff Pilson from Dokken is the bassist in the movie Rockstar. He plays along with Jason Bonham on drums and Zakk Wylde on guitar. The songs they made for the movie are actually pretty good and suit the 80's quite well. Check them out, the band is called Steel Dragon.

HammerForce
05-19-2006, 08:11 AM
^The Steel Dragon songs from that film are absolutely awesome. The best one is 'We All Die Young'.

Mike1109
05-20-2006, 09:43 PM
Yeah, I believe they made 7 songs for the movie. They're all excellent songs, seriously. I have the movie, and the soundtrack. The majority of the songs are sung by Miljenko Matijevic, who was the lead vocalist of 80's hair metal band, Steelheart. He has AMAZING range and he's one of the best singers to come out of the 80's. He really deserves more recognition than he gets.