Joe Bonamassa

PDA

View Full Version : Joe Bonamassa

inbloom27
05-09-2006, 06:40 PM
has anyone heard of him? his guitar skills are said to rival those of stevie ray vaughan and if you've ever seen him live, you'd know what they're talking about when they say that. this guy is one of the best guitar player/singers ever. if you havent heard of him, check him out, you won't be dissapointed.

IrishBlues
05-09-2006, 08:38 PM
Saw him last year at the B.B. King Blues festival. Yeah he can def. play. His voice is real cool, kind of reminds me of a Greg Allman. After his performance he was signing CD's and I got a pick off of him. But the fact that he rivals Stevie Ray Vaughan I cant agree with. First off his style is more rock driven, at least i thought so. But he can def play but Kenny Wayne Shepherd came on stage right after him and I thought that was more impressive.

The Master Plan
05-09-2006, 08:45 PM
Yea I have most of his two cd's Blue's Deuluxe and So, It's Like That. ^Really is Kenny Wayne better? Joe Bonamassa's playing seems more complex.

IrishBlues
05-09-2006, 09:01 PM
Im not saying he is better, just that I prefer Kenny. I only have one album by Bonamassa (So Its Like That) and theres a couple songs on there that I really dont like. But I love the title track. And I hear rumors about him making an acoustic, very bluesy album. Which I think would really cause him to shine.

Oh and how is Blues Deluxe?

And heres the link to the guitar company that makes Bonamassas guitar ... look pretty sweet. Gigliotti Guitars (http://www.gigliottiguitars.com/index.htm)

The Master Plan
05-09-2006, 09:31 PM
Its good I like his cover of Walkin' Blues and his song Burning Hell.
Thanks for the link really, I was gonna make a thread for where to get a guitar like his.

stepay
05-12-2006, 04:24 PM
Bonamassa is great. My band is considering doing a couple of his songs (Walk In My Shadow, Trouble Waiting, and\or Current Situation).

I'd put him in the same category with Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Walter Trout, and Anthony Gomes. He's definitely a great guitarist.

(Note: I'm a guitarist, but not a lead guy, and not that good. I'm the keyboard player in my band -- halfway decent on that).

SickMetal
05-12-2006, 04:26 PM
Yeah, I've seen him live, 'twas a good experience, definatly.

Blues Deluxe is pretty pwnage. I'm not as big a fan of his pop/rocky stuff, although that isn't bad per se, I just like blues better.