Easy songs with E and A chords?

PDA

View Full Version : Easy songs with E and A chords?

Persbyn
05-11-2006, 11:08 AM
Just wonder if there are some easy acoustic songs with mostly A and E chords. I find like the C and G chords a bit hard and there are no flow when I play songs with those chords.

Butthead
05-11-2006, 11:14 AM
Tnt by ACDC. It's always fun to play Acdc on acoustics, although I don't really know why.

G_Dub777
05-11-2006, 11:15 AM
learn house of the rising sun!! It will help you with your open-end chords a bit!!

Ohterwise ummm.....ten years after-id love to change the world...I dunno?! :peace:

WhiteStripesIII
05-11-2006, 11:30 AM
hello operator by the white stripes. the verse is just A E A E...

Gibsongod42
05-11-2006, 11:55 AM
you suck stop playing your wasting your time

johnnytonka
05-11-2006, 12:01 PM
Wee man, make up your own song, like E minor to A major and when you feel capable of something else stick in a G major or a D major.
Make a song up about your friends, the neighbours dog...anything!

Oh and Gibsongod42...you are a **** and i hope you lose some fingers

j

G_Dub777
05-11-2006, 12:03 PM
you suck stop playing your wasting your time :no:

Let me see here....Last time I checked everyone sucked when they first started...Yea it may be true but don't stop playing it is not a waste of time...This guy is full of SHIT!!! Not to mention an @$$hole!! :devil:

EDIT:
Oh and Gibsongod42...you are a **** and i hope you lose some fingers

Definitley agree here^^^^^^^^^^I hope you lose all your fingers...KARMA!! :devil:

johnnytonka
05-11-2006, 01:46 PM
Gdub777, it is legal and it tastes good, holland IS only good for one thing!!! and always always encourage beginners.

that gibsontit is no doubt in his room watching his parents home movies...nudge nudge

be good all who wish to learn, or if you just to sing about trees i'd go with G to C7

j

leaping badger
05-11-2006, 02:46 PM
'A' bomb in wardour street, by the jam, just A and E other than the B, which i'm not sure is correct anyway

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/j/jam/a_bomb_in_wardour_street_crd.htm

Bryan52803
05-11-2006, 03:13 PM
Though you should try to play songs you like so that it's motivation to learn more, if this is what you want:

Got you where I want you - The Flys

awesome song, incredibly easy, one of the firsts I learned. Fun to play with a partner!

Bry

Gibson06
05-11-2006, 03:49 PM
Good Riddance by green day... but really, you should learn more challenging songs

zenabi879
05-11-2006, 05:09 PM
Try Neil Young "Down By the River". It's mostly E and A.

mr_chinnery
05-11-2006, 05:15 PM
Freefalling by Tom Petty

G_Dub777
05-11-2006, 06:03 PM
Gdub777, it is legal and it tastes good, holland IS only good for one thing!!!

^^^^Damn you...but on that note I am only a few hours drive from BC so its all good!!!

Beginners always need encouragement not discouragement by people that can't play themselves....ahem,ahem...gibsongod! :devil:

bushey37
05-11-2006, 07:04 PM
doesn't remind me- audioslave- the main riff in the song is those chords over and over and can be played on acoustic.

But you really should get C and G down. I know you didn't ask but a very good way to learn C, G, and D is with the verses on You Shook Me All Night Long (ac/dc). You'll never get better if you limit yourself to what you can already play.

Gibsongod42
05-12-2006, 02:02 PM
I wouldn't advertise a false premiss it took me a lot of hard work to get where i am in my playing and i'm not on the road constantly because i asked other people what songs would be easy to play alternating between 2 of the easiest chords in the book It takes steadfast dedacation not uh what would be easy to play I have spent years trying to become the best and some day you will see me and know that you will never achieve what I was born to be so **** off im not discouraging him/her I was simply doing what was done to me when someone told me i suck or told me to quit it drove me that much further to prove them wrong look under the surface next time you ****s

jj1565
05-12-2006, 02:15 PM
^yeah ok sure.

*reported.

this is the basic section. no reason for that kind of attitude.

threadstarter, what type of music do u like?

Sethwick
05-12-2006, 04:25 PM
Put On Your Yarmulka... Its time for Hannukah!

cray159
05-12-2006, 04:28 PM
audioslave - doesnt remind me

ToysInTheAttic1
05-13-2006, 10:05 PM
You Ain't The First - Guns N Roses
Ballad Of John And Yoko - The Beatles

T_R_A_P_T
05-13-2006, 10:33 PM
i know you said no G and C chords, but the first whole song i learnt was
Hootie And The Blowfish - Let Her Cry .. lol :)

edit: i found one

hunters and collectors - throw your arms around me
although its got a b :p:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/h/hunters_and_collectors/throw_your_arms_around_me_tab.htm

outlawgal
05-14-2006, 01:29 AM
learn house of the rising sun!! It will help you with your open-end chords a bit!!

Ohterwise ummm.....ten years after-id love to change the world...I dunno?! :peace:

I've only been playing for a week now...I play one song--badly. House of the Rising Sun. I'd make it through the whole thing if I didn't have to f (iddle) with "F" :D

I'm kind of amazed and feel better after joining the forum to see how many folks have trouble with C and G, which I never had any real problem with.

I practice a "G-C-D-D-C-G" change over and over at the beginning and end of each practice session.

I agree with the original poster--learn House of the Rising Sun. Play it badly til your cat hides under the sofa, then play it some more. You'll get that C.

G_Dub777
05-19-2006, 02:18 PM
I wouldn't advertise a false premiss it took me a lot of hard work to get where i am in my playing and i'm not on the road constantly because i asked other people what songs would be easy to play alternating between 2 of the easiest chords in the book It takes steadfast dedacation not uh what would be easy to play I have spent years trying to become the best and some day you will see me and know that you will never achieve what I was born to be so **** off im not discouraging him/her I was simply doing what was done to me when someone told me i suck or told me to quit it drove me that much further to prove them wrong look under the surface next time you ****s

GibsonGod you have issues bro...go get in a fight with someone who is bigger than you...So they can beat you like I want to... :mad: Go tell someone else your pathetic problems and don't bring down the rest of us fellow UGers, especially the beginners. :eek:

MrFire8808
05-19-2006, 05:02 PM
Things we said today - the beatles..

if I remeber correctly its pretty much A and E.. maybe A minor?

schitz
05-19-2006, 08:09 PM

You = dumb.

Why don't you go back to driving your "tour bus" (aka, mom's Volvo). You're whole attitude is wholly transparent. You probably chose to be a jerk because you don't actually know any songs. Tool.

Threadstarter guy, I'm about to do you a nice turn here to make up for Gibsondouche:

Click ME (http://www.guitarnoise.com/easy.php)

Those are some of the first songs that I learned because they have a written section explaining some low-level theory, and .mp3's of the author playing the song so you can hear the rythym. There's more than a couple two chord songs in that collection. when you're ready, try some more complicated stuff from the list--you'll be suprised how quickly you can progress once you get over the "chord change" hump.

Good luck!

cray159
05-19-2006, 08:39 PM
heres another website that helped me along my way:
http://guitar.about.com/library/blguitarlessonarchive.htm
they also have easy songs at the end of each lesson to try out.

also staying on the white stripes theme how about:
Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground. The Intro is just some easy power chords and the verse is just A,G,C,D, i think .

good luck and stay with it