What is COSM Technology?

PDA

View Full Version : What is COSM Technology?

Arc4ne
05-21-2006, 08:14 AM
What is COSM Technology & what's the difference between playing an amp w/ COSM, in contrast to one without it?

I've done a search and I got nothin

jmac72187
05-21-2006, 08:21 AM
I think its just the name for a modeling technology. Roland Cubes use it and I think some multi effects units use it too.

seljer
05-21-2006, 08:26 AM
yeah, its Roland's/Boss's digital modelling technology for various things (the amp models on the cubes, the effect and amp models in the Boss GT line, their electronic drum sets too, in Roland's synthesizers....)

madpickin03
05-21-2006, 08:40 AM
Straight from Roland -

Once a musical instrument generates sound vibrations, it reaches the human ear through various mediating objects, each of which significantly affects the sound. The material and configuration of the instrument, the electric/electronic/magnetic amplifying system, the air and the reverberation of the room all affect the final sound. Sound modeling, the latest DSP technology, "virtually" reconstructs these objects. Roland's breakthrough Composite Object Sound Modeling (COSM) uses the advantages of multiple modeling methods and succeeds in accurately emulating existing sounds, as well as producing sounds that have never before been created.

call1800ksmyazz
05-21-2006, 09:03 AM
My Korg Toneworks AX3000G has REMS and ESS modeling technology. Whats the difference between COSM and REMS?

seljer
05-21-2006, 09:04 AM
My Korg Toneworks AX3000G has REMS and ESS modeling technology. Whats the difference between COSM and REMS?

Korg is a different company, they have thier own fancy acronyms for their own stuff :p:

call1800ksmyazz
05-21-2006, 09:05 AM
Yea I know so whats the difference? Just the name and brand?

madpickin03
05-21-2006, 09:28 AM
Its corporate stuff, they will twist it however they want but basically they're saying that their product have 50+ different amp sounds or processors, and that it blends with the environment and whatnot. Not to say that they're all the same, different sounds are expected from different companies making them, but its actually almost has the same term, this and that technology...