The Strongest Blues Album?

PDA

View Full Version : The Strongest Blues Album?

thepickups
05-27-2006, 08:56 AM
I'd like to purchase a really good blues album, and quite an old one at that. I want a really emotional one where you can really feel the feelings of the guy, the kind in which the guitar almost cries. There was a guy on ER (the programme)a long time ago who lives with the english yet indian born girl and he was listening to this guy. If anyone can remember the guys name, then post it, but if not, then I'd like the guy to be male and a guitarist, the best you can think of, and quite old and lo fi recording.

Anyone got any recomendations of an artist and the album name?

Thanks

dangnabbit
05-27-2006, 09:08 AM
stevie ray vaughan- texas flood

slash1965
05-27-2006, 09:09 AM
it depends if you want cleaner tones blues like bb king and robert johnson etc or some with more distortion, eg people lyk gary moore, i personally like blues alive by gary moore, its live n its got a realy good feel to it

cefasnacht
05-27-2006, 09:24 AM
muddy waters or son house are my favorites

5thhorseman
05-27-2006, 09:28 AM
Robert Johnson is definetely low fi and that's where Clapton, Page, and many other great guitarist of the mid to late 60's/early 70's got a lot of influence

Wylde
05-27-2006, 09:34 AM
the super super blues band..... it features howlin' wolf, muddy waters, bo diddley singing and playing guitar, buddy guy on bass..... they just pretty much play eachothers songs and make fun of eachother all live. Not to mention its only 7 bucks on amazon.com

thepickups
05-27-2006, 10:27 AM
which johnston albums though?

Johnsonville
05-27-2006, 11:08 AM
King of the Delta BLues^

IrishBlues
05-27-2006, 11:39 AM
Damn Right Ive Got the Blues - Buddy Guy
Texas Flood - Stevie Ray Vaughan
Live at Cook County Jail - B.B. King
From The Cradle - Eric Clapton
Irish Tour 74 - Rory Gallagher
Blues - Jimi Hendrix

And I recommend Robert Johnson, Son House, Muddy Waters and especially John Lee Hooker but I dont know what are good albums by them I just have greatest hits.

TNfootballfan62
05-27-2006, 04:04 PM
Robert Johnson is a great place to start if you are looking for delta style blues, many people dont start with that stuff, though.

If you want electric blues, check out Stevie Ray Vaughan, BB King, Albert King, Buddy Guy, etc.