Traffic...

PDA

View Full Version : Traffic...

TheHeartbreaker
05-28-2006, 07:43 PM
Anyone else here fans of Traffic?

I'm not talking about their psychedlia, of course, because that wouldn't belong in this forum, and I always follow the rules. :D ... :sad:

What I'm referring to here is their jazzier stuff - I'm especially refering to their live album On the Road. It's absolutely amazing.

Wondering if anyone else owns it/has heard it and what your opinions on it are.

Sprice
05-29-2006, 12:28 PM
Hell yeah Traffic rocks favorite jazzier stuff would probably be "Low Sparks of the High Heeled Boys"

that song is cool but I love Psycedelic Rock a tiny tiny tiny bit more then blues

TheHeartbreaker
05-29-2006, 12:49 PM
I can basically listen to anything by them, no matter what kind of music they're playing, but since this is the Blues and Jazz forum I decided to focus mostly on the jazz side of them.

Low Spark of High Heeled Boys is awesome, but I love the opening track to On the Road - a twenty minute jam of Glad/Freedom Rider. It's awesome.

~AdNy
05-29-2006, 03:11 PM
yeah, i love this band. "low spark" is one of my favorites, along with "feelin alright" and "light up or leave me alone". i recently saw guitarist dave mason play at a tiny venue, and he put on a show that rivaled any other bgi performanec ive ever seen. he is a guitar god, in my eyes, and stevie winwood had an amazing voice and keyboard talent. great band.

TheHeartbreaker
05-29-2006, 03:44 PM
^^I couldn't agree with you more. Light Up or Leave Me Alone is also on the On the Road album, and it's one of my favorites whether live or studio.

psychodelia
05-29-2006, 10:32 PM
I forget which song it is, on On the Road, but it has a killer ending, sounds like a sax is playing a few high harmonics while the band is going nuts on a chord.... I'll try to find the song tomorrow.

inafantasy
05-30-2006, 10:38 PM
My dad owns John Barleycorn Must Die, which I must say, is a well-done album.

TheHeartbreaker
05-31-2006, 08:49 PM
^^Yeah, that's another great album. I own quite a bit of their stuff, and I've found nothing of theirs to be unsatisfying.

-AliceCooper
06-04-2006, 08:27 PM
Hell yeah Traffic rocks favorite jazzier stuff would probably be "Low Sparks of the High Heeled Boys"

that song is cool but I love Psycedelic Rock a tiny tiny tiny bit more then blues

that song is an eleven minute masterpiece...

TheHeartbreaker
06-05-2006, 11:09 AM
Just out of curiosity, what do you guys like better (if either)...

Psychadelic or Jazz Traffic?

psychodelia
06-05-2006, 11:18 PM
Leaning towards jazz Traffic. The jamming is just such an inspiration of what you can do with a few chords and not bore everyone to tears, but make it interesting.

hippy12
06-06-2006, 12:53 PM
i love traffic massive amounts! Low Sparks of the High Heeled Boys is one of my favourites

TheHeartbreaker
06-06-2006, 02:27 PM
Leaning towards jazz Traffic. The jamming is just such an inspiration of what you can do with a few chords and not bore everyone to tears, but make it interesting.

Yeah, same. I know I've probably mentioned it in every post, but On the Road, especially Glad/Freedom Rider, is a great example of what you're talking about.