Anyone like rock honors?

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone like rock honors?

SGRipper
06-01-2006, 02:59 PM
I thoght it was ok, the three drummers on We Will Rock You, and Godsmack was good wit h Judas Priest, but what other bands should have been there?

SuburbanCowboy
06-01-2006, 03:03 PM
I only caught the second hour with Def Leppard and Kiss. I wasnt terribly impressed with either tribute performances. All-American Rejects are seriously a disgrace to music. The Kiss tribute could have been better also. Slash sounded pretty sloppy. The real Def Leppard was pretty good though. I caught the end of the NBA game instead of watching Kiss...

And since when does Jamie Presley try to sound black? She is HOT no doubt, but she sounds like an idiot.

hepzibahbaptist
06-01-2006, 03:07 PM
i agree^

PooKoo
06-01-2006, 03:09 PM
hmmmm

RandyRhoads=God
06-01-2006, 03:10 PM
I thought the whole thing sucked.........Godsmack ruined Hell Bent for Leather.And whats with queen and 3 drummers?

Leonheart
06-01-2006, 03:12 PM
I thought the best part was kiss' performance. A.A.R. were probably the best tribute doing Def Leppard, even though their regular music isnt that great. Also, that guy who did the vocals for Queen was pretty bad but it might just be because noone else sounds like Freddie Mercury.

SGRipper
06-01-2006, 03:13 PM
Yeah, only Priest was pretty good the rest wasn't anything too special, but its a good idea.

bonchie1
06-01-2006, 05:56 PM
slash was sloppy....but pulled it together at the end...

but i coudln't help but laugh at the all american rejects...there guitarist really thought he was the stuff.

the guy barely pulled off one of the most basic solos ever written during the classic/80's rock era. then why would you get a squeeky voiced clown sing a song sung by a guy with so much more range and personality in the way he sings.

p.s. rob zombies voice grated on me the entire song...i couldn't enjoy the decent guitar playing because he just kept screaming and crap...when slash started his solo i never heard the first 1/4 of it cause of that.

CornLord
06-01-2006, 06:01 PM
I learned that I don't like Paul Rodgers's voice at all.

Judas Priest was pretty good but Rob Halford's vocals were a little off (and he's usually excellent, even live).

Scott Ian jumping around like a maniac with the hatchet bass during the KISS tribute was pretty funny. Why was he playing bass anyway? They should have put him on guitar instead of Gilby Clarke and gotten someone else to play bass.

bonchie1
06-01-2006, 06:12 PM
I learned that I don't like Paul Rodgers's voice at all.

Judas Priest was pretty good but Rob Halford's vocals were a little off (and he's usually excellent, even live).

Scott Ian jumping around like a maniac with the hatchet bass during the KISS tribute was pretty funny. Why was he playing bass anyway? They should have put him on guitar instead of Gilby Clarke and gotten someone else to play bass.

yeah i know...i was confused as to why he was playing bass...

and who the hell is gilby clark? the 2nd rhythm guitarist for GNR...come on.

they'd of done better getting duff mckagen to play bass and let scott play guitar if they just had to have mediocre (compared to other great rock musicians from that time period) musicians up there.

bonchie1
06-01-2006, 06:14 PM
p.s.

i don't think gilby clark has aged a day since his early GNR's days....he looks good still...good for him

CornLord
06-01-2006, 06:21 PM
they'd of done better getting duff mckagen to play bass and let scott play guitar if they just had to have mediocre (compared to other great rock musicians from that time period) musicians up there.
Scott Ian isn't mediocre, at least I don't think so. Anthrax is a great band.

bonchie1
06-01-2006, 06:37 PM
Scott Ian isn't mediocre, at least I don't think so. Anthrax is a great band.

did you read the () i put? in noway did i mean mediocre in that way. i meant compared to the likes of other great rock lead guitarists out there.

in the same way duff is a great bassist...but there are def. better ones out there they could get. thats what my analogy meant.

Skid61490
06-01-2006, 06:56 PM
All American rejects suck, why do alot off people like them? seriously they got nothing on nobody and their guitarist isnt good but thinks hes randy rhoads or something. It was ok and yes slash was sloppy, 3 drummers? i think they overdid that one. Kiss werent good at all.

CornLord
06-01-2006, 07:28 PM
did you read the () i put? in noway did i mean mediocre in that way. i meant compared to the likes of other great rock lead guitarists out there.

in the same way duff is a great bassist...but there are def. better ones out there they could get. thats what my analogy meant.
I get it now, it just confused me before. Thanks for clarifying.

JkHalen
06-01-2006, 08:15 PM
Well..I missed All American Rejects :( I was waiting all night to see 'em play..would've been a really nice laugh :haha anyways, Def Lepard's lead guitar was trying too much to get the attention and even though he did 1 or 2 dive bombs on the guitar, he was pretty sloppy when he was kinda soloin at the end of "Rock of Ages"(I think it was Rock of Ages). I didn't like Queen much with Rodger's vocals but Priest was pretty good.

bonchie1
06-01-2006, 08:37 PM
^---

yeah def's guitarist was almost coming off as a jerk the way he was trying to steal the spotlight. he looked more goofy then cool.

malmsteen61
06-01-2006, 11:25 PM
all american rejects pretty much suck but im gonna stick up for them just cuz theyre from oklahoma

and i always thought kiss was over rated in the first place

and priest was great

scheck006
06-01-2006, 11:29 PM
what song did the rejects play?

SGRipper
06-02-2006, 04:44 PM
Another Thing coming and Breaking te law, and i think another song i don't know.

JkHalen
06-02-2006, 05:46 PM
^ um..no that was judas priest... rofl the rejects played def lepard covers..

SuburbanCowboy
06-02-2006, 05:51 PM
AAR guitarist has the ugliest guitar-solo face I've ever seen. He makes Vai look normal.

DistortionDemon
06-02-2006, 05:54 PM
AAR played Photograph.

I was disgusted.

Also, you can tell that the show was geared for KISS. It might as well've been KISS Honors.

Also, KISS was the only band there with all the original members.

PooKoo
06-02-2006, 06:03 PM
^priest?

SGRipper
06-02-2006, 10:35 PM
^ um..no that was judas priest... rofl the rejects played def lepard covers..

Ooops......

Rock 24/7
06-03-2006, 04:26 PM
I think Priest had all their original members, too. It was a pretty good show, but am I the only one who noticed that Godsmack didn't pull any lead solos off of the covers for "Hell Bent For Leather" and "Electric Eye?"

curtis loew
06-03-2006, 05:00 PM
none of the performances were very good except for judas preist

Mascot
06-04-2006, 12:43 AM
I watched some band doing a tribute to Priest, and the guitarist had a wall of Diezel's behind him. And his tone still sucked.

That's all I saw, though.

PooKoo
06-04-2006, 12:53 AM
I think Priest had all their original members, too. It was a pretty good show, but am I the only one who noticed that Godsmack didn't pull any lead solos off of the covers for "Hell Bent For Leather" and "Electric Eye?"

and those were easy solos.

scheck006
06-04-2006, 04:11 AM
**** man, I even saw a little news blurb about godsmack. they said they had to try so hard to pull off the original priest material and now you say they didn't even do the solos? this is the kinda stuff that makes me lose faith in modern music.

bonchie1
06-04-2006, 09:18 AM
**** man, I even saw a little news blurb about godsmack. they said they had to try so hard to pull off the original priest material and now you say they didn't even do the solos? this is the kinda stuff that makes me lose faith in modern music.

ever notice that when a modern band covers a classic rock or 80's rock song they do an "acoustic version."

where'd all the talent go...

Rock 24/7
06-05-2006, 12:51 AM
ever notice that when a modern band covers a classic rock or 80's rock song they do an "acoustic version."

where'd all the talent go...

Down the drain...

bonchie1
06-05-2006, 09:49 AM
Down the drain...

well call a plumber already...

gtrfrk123
06-05-2006, 04:55 PM
when is rock honors on again? i missed it.

Benny989
06-05-2006, 05:41 PM
AAR played Photograph.

I was disgusted.

Also, you can tell that the show was geared for KISS. It might as well've been KISS Honors.

Also, KISS was the only band there with all the original members.

Acutally, KISS didn't have all their original members...where was Peter Criss? And Ace only did the tribute before them. Tommy Thayer was playing guitar for them and Eric Carr on drums. The new KISS sounds great, dont get me wrong...but its nothing without Ace Frehley and Peter Criss. Gene's a PIMP though...

Rock 24/7
06-06-2006, 08:18 AM
when is rock honors on again? i missed it.

It may come on today. They've been showing replays of the show here lately. I'd say Priest was the only band with the original members. By the way, was AAR's lead guitarist playing Steve Clark's guitar? If so, he shouldn't have. :no: Also, the singer really sucked on that "Photograph" song and their lead guitarist seemed like a show-off. :rolleyes:

Jtrocks1356
12-02-2006, 10:37 PM
Acutally, KISS didn't have all their original members...where was Peter Criss? And Ace only did the tribute before them. Tommy Thayer was playing guitar for them and Eric Carr on drums. The new KISS sounds great, dont get me wrong...but its nothing without Ace Frehley and Peter Criss. Gene's a PIMP though...

The drummer wasnt Eric Carr. He's dead. It was Eric Singer instead of Peter Criss. I found it stupid that Ace didn't just play with KISS for at LEAST this performance. I would love it if he and Peter got bak with the band.