Slidin' Blues

PDA

View Full Version : Slidin' Blues

Falcatarius
06-02-2006, 03:37 PM
Greetings Everyone

So just for the heck of it i bought a slide-tube the other day so i can mess around with it. I'm having an utterly fantastic time and it's really cool to see what i can do with the slide on one finger and the other hands fretting and muting.

However, i don't really know any slide songs to learn. The only one i've learnt so far is the mandatory "Freebird" (i knew the solo already) so now i'm sort of lost.

I'd really like to learn some good electric blues slide guitar to help show me what i can do with this thing. If anyone could reccomend songs that would be easy to find both the music and tabs for i'd be very appreciative!

Cheers!
-Falcatarius

PS: Just for the record my Delta collection is litterally non-existent so i might have some trouble finding any Delta stuff you reccomend. (i know it's a crime, i'm gonna be working on it soon)

Stop Messin'
06-02-2006, 03:43 PM
The beginning of Beggers & Hangers On by Slash's Snakepit(snakepit.org should have the best version under tabs)

In My Time Of Dying by Led Zeppelin is amazing as easy as pie.

Draw The Line by Aerosmith is also easy.

SomeEvilDude
06-02-2006, 03:49 PM
Haha, man I've used this link so many times.

Rory Gallagher - Too Much Alcohol (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1zsRRt1FWE&search=rory%20gallagher)

Also, check out anything Allman Brothers, Chris Rea or Derek Trucks. Some pretty badass slide songs from them.

IrishBlues
06-02-2006, 03:59 PM
Rory Gallagher is the man. Check out Clapton's Sessions for Robert J. DVD & of course Duane Allman is absolutely incredible.

skydogzoso1986
06-02-2006, 04:37 PM
gallagher is just like a god, how the man plays slide just in standard tuning, that's incredible! so much soul in his playing

The Master Plan
06-03-2006, 01:04 AM
Yea I love his playing. Check out some Derek Trucks stuff, but he plays in Open D.

Falcatarius
06-03-2006, 10:34 AM
That Gallagher video was absolutely mind-blowing. You can bet i'll be learning that as soon as i can.

edit: anyone know where i can get tabs for Rory's song there? I looked on UG and my other usual site but i can't find anything.

Also, i'm a huge Duane fan but i only have the live at filmore east cd and i don't know which songs he plays with a slide. Could somone tell me which songs off that concert he played with one?

And (last thing) i've been watching Bonnie Raitt in concert and she seems to really know what she's doing with her slide, it's awesome. I have the "Bonnie Raitt Collection" which focuses almost entirely on bluesy stuff so i have some slide tunes but no tabs for them. All the tabs i've seen for her so far are chords from her less more pop-oriented songs. If anyone could get some slide tabs for her that would be amazing.

I'm aware that i'm being a tab-***** at the moment. But my music teacher dosn't play slide so i'm going to have to teach myself using other people's music as a refrence.

Thanks for all the stuff it's awesome!

Cheers
-Falcatarius

Falcatarius
06-03-2006, 11:16 AM
Just for the record here's one of the best Bonnie Raitt slide video's i found.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU0ru38VcAM&search=bonnie%20raitt

Cheers
-Falcatarius

kromatik
06-03-2006, 11:20 AM
Gear Jammer and, of course, Bad To The Bone by George Thorogood and The Destroyers both have simple, but quite frankly awesome, slide riffs

IrishBlues
06-03-2006, 11:47 AM
Just for the record here's one of the best Bonnie Raitt slide video's i found.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU0ru38VcAM&search=bonnie%20raitt

Cheers
-Falcatarius

Shes incredible