Recommendations for Wedding Music?

PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for Wedding Music?

billru44
06-03-2006, 07:15 PM
Hey,

I'm looking to find some music to play for a wedding cocktail hour session. Looking for something that's laid back jazzy guitar. I'm a fan of Joe Santriani - 'Always With You, Always With Me' feel... but, more jazzy.

Anyone got any ideas of any artists?

guitarshark2099
06-03-2006, 07:21 PM
Wonderful Tonight- Eric Clapton

try some swing and jazz as well

billru44
06-03-2006, 07:21 PM
Looking for all instrumental.

Cliff Burton
06-03-2006, 07:28 PM
Crystal Mountain- Death!!!!

Cliff Burton
06-03-2006, 07:28 PM
haha jk
try something from joe satriani, some slower stuff like love thing or something

Hypnot1st
06-03-2006, 07:32 PM
Cousin Mary - John Coltrane

Do you want pure jazz or something a little less? What skill level?

The Master Plan
06-03-2006, 07:35 PM
Some Wes Montgomery and you can't go wrong with Boy George's "Do you Really Want to Hurt Me?". Lol J/k

billru44
06-03-2006, 07:41 PM
hynot1st,

Coltrane is cool. So far, I got John Scofield - 'Busted', and Lee Morgan 'Sidewinder'.

Any thing else similar to this stuff?

psychodelia
06-03-2006, 10:13 PM
I love Misty for laid-back stuff.

People at weddings often want to hear Pachelbel's canon, although that's not jazz.

EDIT: Although now that I think about it, a medium tempo swing interpretation might not be that bad.

Slurgi
06-04-2006, 03:41 AM
I love Misty for laid-back stuff.

People at weddings often want to hear Pachelbel's canon, although that's not jazz.

EDIT: Although now that I think about it, a medium tempo swing interpretation might not be that bad.

I was about to suggest the same thing. I think that that's a really great idea. :)

:cheers:

Psych, what happened to your avatar! :eek: :eek:

Steve Cropper
06-06-2006, 10:00 PM
Go for something like Summertime. Or Everything Happens to Me.

psychodelia
06-07-2006, 02:08 PM
I was about to suggest the same thing. I think that that's a really great idea. :)

:cheers:

Psych, what happened to your avatar! :eek: :eek:

Haha, I've been in an Erik Satie mood for the past few weeks.

Frank Zappa was a fan, as is Steve Hackett (ex-Genesis) one of my favorite guitarists. A good introduction to Satie, if you're interested, are the Gymnopedies. They're minimalist piano compositions that I find to be pretty much awesome.

I've been on and off working on using some jazzier chords on Pachelbel's Canon, though, maybe one day I'll get it all down in a new version of the song.

skateguitar7654
06-11-2006, 12:43 PM
try joe pass, john scofield, charlie hunter, medeski martin and wood, garage a trois
or if u want the big band stuff
try john coltrane, charlie parker, tommy dorsey, duke ellington, benny goodman, that sorta stuff. oh, and i think its a great idea to have that kind of atmosphere.

EDIT: oh, and definately add some miles davis