**The Who on tour!**

PDA

View Full Version : **The Who on tour!**

DieN
06-11-2006, 04:22 AM
I'm going to see them in berlin in some weeks :)
Are you going toone of their concerts? What do you expect? I heard they will promote the new (long) single. Of course I hope they do some old stuff. But it doesn't matter.^^ I'm very happy now.

TheHeartbreaker
06-11-2006, 09:15 AM
I guess it's pretty cool that Daltrey and Townsend are touring together, it's sort of reminds me of the Page and Plant thing.

However, I don't really like the idea that they're going to be touring as "The Who". I mean, it's only two of the original members of the band. It'd be similar to Ringo and Paul touring together as The Beatles.

It's not that big of a deal, but I'd just like to put that out there...

I probably won't be going to see them because I'm broke, but I'd expect the show to be decently good.

Hope you enjoy it.

Spamwise
06-11-2006, 11:42 AM
I don't know any of their USA dates..but i hope they come to ohio, or someplace close.

DieN
06-11-2006, 12:08 PM
Hm..I only know the european dates: (from the official site)

JUNE
17 Leeds University
18 Brighton Centre
25 Wireless Festival - Leeds
28 Ashton Gate Football Stadium, Bristol
30 Werchter Festival - Belgium

JULY
2 Hyde Park Calling Festival - London Hyde Park
3 Beaulieu Motor Museum ? Hampshire, England
5 Liverpool Docks
6 Liverpool Docks
8 Oxygen Festival ? Naas, Eire
9 T-in-the-Park Festival, Kinross, Scotland
11 Bonn Museumplatz, Germany
12 Berlin Wuhleide, Germany
14 Locarno Moon & Stars, Switzerland
15 Sporting Club, Monte Carlo
17 Vienne Theatre,Antique(near Lyon),France
18 Metz Amneville Arena, France
20 Paleo Festival, Nyon, Switzerland
22 Lovely Days Festival, St Polten, Austria
23 Munsterplatz, Ulm, Germany
26 Palau St Jordi, Barcelona, Spain
27 Sports Palace, Madrid, Spain
29 Pabellon Principe Felipe, Zaragoza, Spain

jrthegreat91
06-11-2006, 02:04 PM
yea that really sucks im pretty sure there are no us dates and y would any one go to ohio?

DieN
06-11-2006, 02:13 PM
The US tour starts in spetember (as far as I know).

MeGaDeth2314
06-11-2006, 04:06 PM
I guess it'd be cool to go, but I probably wouldn't pay more than 30$ or something. I mean, it's only two of the original members, and no Moon. It's not really The Who without Keith. Roger and Pete have also lost some of their luster from what I've seen of their more recent shows.

trey-col89
06-11-2006, 04:29 PM
Meh... its not The Who on tour, its Pete Townshend and Roger Daltrey on tour with a bunch of back-up musicians.

Kadaj
06-11-2006, 04:48 PM
Yeah apparently I'm not gonna be able to go as I planned :(.

cadmium_blimp
06-11-2006, 07:57 PM
They know they aren't The Who. For awhile I think they were thinking of calling themselves Who's Left or something like that.

wilty00
06-11-2006, 09:00 PM
I don't think I'd go even if they did come here to Canada. I'm not a huge fan.

TheHeartbreaker
06-12-2006, 09:39 AM
They know they aren't The Who. For awhile I think they were thinking of calling themselves Who's Left or something like that.

:haha

That'd be funny but disrespectful.

Spamwise
06-12-2006, 03:29 PM
yea that really sucks im pretty sure there are no us dates and y would any one go to ohio?
LOL

plenty of big people go to cleveland..

and yeah they said they're touring in the USA, so i'm sure they will.

BrainDamage
06-12-2006, 04:09 PM
They know they aren't The Who. For awhile I think they were thinking of calling themselves Who's Left or something like that. :haha

I don't think I'll see them. I'll just get a bootleg. I mean, I'm already spending a crapload of money on Waters, Petty, James Gang, Aerosmith, and others, so I doubt I'll have any money left anyway.

I also don't agree with them touring as the Who...it's not the Who without John and Keith.

freewheelinbird
06-12-2006, 04:58 PM
I guess it's pretty cool that Daltrey and Townsend are touring together, it's sort of reminds me of the Page and Plant thing.

However, I don't really like the idea that they're going to be touring as "The Who". I mean, it's only two of the original members of the band. It'd be similar to Ringo and Paul touring together as The Beatles.

I probably won't be going to see them because I'm broke, but I'd expect the show to be decently good.

Hope you enjoy it.

the allman brothers no longer duane, dickey, or barry. and i still call them the allman brothers band.

FreewayJam
06-12-2006, 09:02 PM
Is Greg Lake still their bass player? That's probably the only reason I'd go see The Who for...

Jesse Mrau
06-12-2006, 09:06 PM
I thought they'd still be with Pino Palladino.

But I would love to go see them.... *fingers crossed* C'mon Canada!!!

rplb
06-12-2006, 09:21 PM
oh hey your in bc too. yah pm me if you find out there going to vancouver.

led.zep1
06-12-2006, 09:41 PM
I probly wont see them because im going to see Foghat/Blue Oyster Cult(for only 5 bucks!), and i want to save up for Clapton tickets.

FaceTheBass
06-12-2006, 11:06 PM

Well, I saw something Pete said in an interview, about how him and Roger are kind of starting over again with this new album, and don't want people to expect it to be another Who album. He said the Who name is too big to leave behind, but he recognizes that the Who is a totally different beast than it used to be. I don't think they are trying to be what the used to be. I think they are trying to make something new with what they have.

And I don't think the Beatles thing is a fair comparisson. The Who has at least been active as a group somewhat consistently throughout the years, whereas the Beatles haven't done anything for 30 some years.

Jesse Mrau
06-13-2006, 02:45 AM
oh hey your in bc too. yah pm me if you find out there going to vancouver.

I'll give you a shout if I hear any news.

groll01
06-13-2006, 03:40 AM
I have to wait till around mid 2007 for them to come to AUS but im basicly already there!
anyone know who is replacing Zac? kinda off topic but: i hope he joins Oasis as a perminant member

VoodooChild15
06-13-2006, 07:10 PM
^So do I, he was great on Don't Believe the Truth. And it bothers me that they technically don't have a drummer.

DieN
07-13-2006, 08:25 AM
Yesterday I was at the concert in Berlin. Best concert I have ever been to!
video I made:
Sparks live (short clip-->my cam doesn't have much space) (http://youtube.com/watch?v=L6WDcoZu_fE)
edit: It was loud as hell :D

me_and_my_esp
07-13-2006, 12:38 PM
:peace: i hate you

:haha

I don't think I'll see them. I'll just get a bootleg. I mean, I'm already spending a crapload of money on Waters, Petty, James Gang, Aerosmith, and others, so I doubt I'll have any money left anyway.

I also don't agree with them touring as the Who...it's not the Who without John and Keith.

you do know that they're coming to Holmdel :grrr:

LOL

plenty of big people go to cleveland..

and yeah they said they're touring in the USA, so i'm sure they will.

Aww, cmon. Cleveland, Toledo and Sandusky just make up a state Michiganders call Erie. You wouldnt wanna have Cedar Point and the R&RHOF to be in Ohio, would you?

TimiHendrix33
07-13-2006, 01:55 PM
If they come to Chicago or St. Louis,my dad said he'd get tickets for me. I don't know if they will,because RHCP didn't come anywhere near me (still mad).

me_and_my_esp
07-13-2006, 02:31 PM
They're goin to ChiTown

TimiHendrix33
07-13-2006, 02:45 PM
I know,I'll probably go.

FreddieMercury
07-13-2006, 04:49 PM
there going to boston. does any one have a code for fanclub i could use? lol

TimiHendrix33
07-13-2006, 05:41 PM
^You'd actually go to a show that doesn't involve Queen?!?!

:golfclap:

FreddieMercury
07-13-2006, 06:25 PM
?? im going to roger waters and clapton so far hope i can get these guys

CornLord
07-13-2006, 07:42 PM
there going to boston. does any one have a code for fanclub i could use? lol
I might be going. My dad mentioned something about it today, as advance tickets go on sale tomorrow morning.

Where are you from?