Who's going to be a pro?

PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to be a pro?

Pages : [1] 2

Stratwizard
06-11-2006, 11:38 AM
I was thinking about it the other day...

Will any of us from the Shred Forum make it as a professional shredder, having a recording contract, maybe even a signature guitar? As the majority of the regulars here seem to be around 15-18, there's definitely a chance, isn't it?

It's cool to think that after 3-5 years when we see someone from here on guitar magazine or something like that, we could say that "Yeah, that's guy from UG's Shred Forum." :cool:

So, what are your thoughts?

PooKoo
06-11-2006, 11:47 AM
All i know is that i'm gonna try, i'll still post thuogh.

backinblack111
06-11-2006, 11:48 AM
that would be cool if someone did, not gonna be me but someone maybe

flamencogod
06-11-2006, 11:48 AM
I don't think so... and I'm not pessimistic, I'm realistic

there are thousands of people like UG

Archaon
06-11-2006, 11:50 AM
I wish luck to all of you and I do sincerely hope some if not all of you make it. Unfortunately my dad has forced me into business and told me to give up on music as a career choice, I really have no say in my future. Though, this doesn't mean I won't write and record my own music and possibly even have a band on the side.

I don't think so... and I'm not pessimistic, I'm realistic

there are thousands of people like UG
Sadly, it's true. It's all about being at the right place at the right time. There are definately people here that deserve to make it though.

Atreideslegend
06-11-2006, 11:55 AM
whatever will be will be, the futures not ours to see etc etc...

idiot82510
06-11-2006, 12:00 PM
idk
i guess im pretty good for 6 months and if i keep it up ill have a chance but i dont really think i will

Four Symbols
06-11-2006, 12:01 PM
I wish luck to all of you and I do sincerely hope some if not all of you make it. Unfortunately my dad has forced me into business and told me to give up on music as a career choice, I really have no say in my future. Though, this doesn't mean I won't write and record my own music and possibly even have a band on the side.

Sadly, it's true. It's all about being at the right place at the right time. There are definately people here that deserve to make it though.

DUDE... don't ever give up on music if you genuniely love it... It's YOUR life, so you ultimately have the say as to how you want to live it.

Hong Siah
06-11-2006, 12:02 PM

Tough luck. It's your future you should have a say. Parents shouldn't manipulate their children's lives.

For me, no hope. But I'd love to get into the music biz and earn my reputation as a guitar god. But..meh. I suck.

MiniMusicMasta
06-11-2006, 12:04 PM
There was a guy who claimed he went pro as a 'punk rocker' who posted on here a while a go. He said his band got big and we should shut up and listen. So i did shut up and listen and i thought...

WHO IS THIS GUY HE COULD BE ANY BODY?

Any way if he reads this, i would like to tell him hes a big headed loud mouth who should shut up!

Thanks

ps: yeah it would be awesome

Archaon
06-11-2006, 12:11 PM
Tough luck. It's your future you should have a say. Parents shouldn't manipulate their children's lives.

For me, no hope. But I'd love to get into the music biz and earn my reputation as a guitar god. But..meh. I suck.
Yea, but I respect my dad enough for working his ass off his whole life so I will go into business for his sake. We went from low class to upper middle class because of everything he's done, he may be an ass at times but hey, "daddy knows best".

Maybe if I manage to get rich quick I could retire and spend the rest of my life 100% focused on music. :)

Prophet of Page
06-11-2006, 12:35 PM
There's one person here that I really think could do it, if he could be arsed.

madpickin03
06-11-2006, 12:39 PM
No offence but i doubt it :zzz:

PooKoo
06-11-2006, 12:40 PM

heehee.

Stratwizard
06-11-2006, 12:48 PM

Hmm... :p:

chase09
06-11-2006, 02:12 PM
I think you will Strat, I've downloaded Scarecrow and put it on my iPod. You definitely have potential. How long have you been playing and are you self taught?

Stratwizard
06-12-2006, 07:05 AM
Woohoo! Open again... Thanks andrew! :cheers:

curtis loew
06-12-2006, 07:12 AM
do you mean pro or famous? many people on here will be pro, they might not become famous, but they will go pro

Matt_Malmsteen
06-12-2006, 08:41 AM
I'd love to go pro as in famous, for me it's either psychiatry or musician...

But tbh I don't think I'm anywhere near good enough, but people on here could walk it quite easily.

paddyo
06-12-2006, 02:03 PM
I plan to become a music teacher anyways so anything on top of that(besides regular gigging and jamming bands etc.) would be a bonus. Huge bonus.
/sort of off topic

Idk,Public Property if he realised he was good for half a second,Fp and Pookoo for creativeniss(sp?);) and Strat/Resi from what I've heard for compositions from them.....IN a perfect world. Being honest? Probably none of us.

Fucking public who dislike shred!

chase09
06-12-2006, 02:20 PM
Fucking public who dislike shred!

:cheers:

PooKoo
06-12-2006, 02:56 PM
Im creative!
I pale in comparison to fp, but whatever, thanks paddyo.

Of course i can outplay him any day of the week....

heehee

apocalypse13
06-12-2006, 03:59 PM
To be honest, I think everyone on here has a legitimate shot of making money through music. It's really not that difficult. Practically anyone with rock-solid chops can make a shred album. It's just a matter of becoming famous that's hard. Look at Rusty Cooley. Nobody knows him. He's an underground shredder. WE know him, because we look for him, but he's not making millions off of his music. Someone like Steve Vai, with signature guitars/pedals/amps/etc, worldwide tours, big record labels, and whatnot obviously makes much more money and is much more popular. Nevertheless, Rusty makes money off of his music and he was fortunate enough to become endorsed (I think.) I would be perfectly happy to make some cash on the side and get free equipment. Sure, it'd be excellent to become a huge name like Vai or Satch, but the chances of that are much smaller.

Resiliance
06-12-2006, 04:08 PM
Why does everyone have this glorified image of being a "pro"?

I'd rather work as a session guitarist, work in a studio, do whatever... Than be famous.

Stratwizard
06-12-2006, 04:10 PM
I'd rather work as a session guitarist, work in a studio, do whatever... Than be
famous.

My thoughts exactly.

paddyo
06-12-2006, 04:10 PM

I'd rather work as a session guitarist, work in a studio, do whatever... Than be famous.
Agreed. Stuff like that I'd imagine proves to be just as,if not more rewarding as "making it". TOuring big time like the kind Vai does would still rock though...

splice
06-12-2006, 04:14 PM
im going to berklee.....then coming back home to be a guitar teacher

as long as i can live off of playing guitar im happy :)

Stratwizard
06-12-2006, 04:18 PM
Keep in mind that Steve Vai is one lucky bloke. He established his fan base already in the 80's when he played with DLR, FZ and in Whitesnake. Now he has loyal fanbase and he can put out records without worriying too much about how they're gonna sell. That's pretty much my ideal future.

apocalypse13
06-12-2006, 04:21 PM

Exactly what I was saying. It'd be fine to be famous, but the odds aren't in your favor, so I'd just settle for making albums on the side.

^^Or being a guitar teacher on the side would be sweet too.

But I'm probably going to make my living off of working with 3-D stuff on computers.

im_hungry
06-12-2006, 04:24 PM
i always thought it'd be cool to be in a guitar dou or something like that , but i suck :(

Resiliance
06-12-2006, 04:29 PM
But I'm probably going to make my living off of working with 3-D stuff on computers.

Maya ftw.

apocalypse13
06-12-2006, 04:31 PM
Huh?

Sorry, I'm not educated on it yet. But for the next 2 years, I'll be taking an in-depth CAD class at a tech school. Then, I'll be taking it in college.

Resiliance
06-12-2006, 04:42 PM
Hehe... Maya 3D...

Used to make movies like Finding Nemo etc...

apocalypse13
06-12-2006, 04:45 PM
Ah, sweet.

What I would be happiest to do is design video games. (Even better would be to test them)

Resiliance
06-12-2006, 04:48 PM
Better start practicing 3Dsmax then :)

SnowballofDoom
06-12-2006, 04:51 PM
I hope to do something in music... guitar teacher would be my ideal choice, but who knows.

As for who could make it from UG... probably noone, or none that I've heard anyway. My top 3 picks for most likely would be FP, Tom, and Resi. Just because I know how much Resi loves seeing his name come up in these threads :p:

apocalypse13
06-12-2006, 04:55 PM
^Why so?

Most of us are 15 or 16, some even only 14. Rusty didn't even start until he was 16.

Most of us have been playing for at least a year or two. It's certainly not out of reach.

(At least chops wise, luck and intelligence wise, I'll agree)

PooKoo
06-12-2006, 04:55 PM
I want to write techno for a living.

No joke, that or compose old school midi video game music.

SnowballofDoom
06-12-2006, 04:57 PM
^Why so?

Most of us are 15 or 16, some even only 14. Rusty didn't even start until he was 16.

Most of us have been playing for at least a year or two. It's certainly not out of reach.

(At least chops wise, luck and intelligence wise, I'll agree)

Yeah, I suppose. I'm just a pessimist about these things..

apocalypse13
06-12-2006, 04:59 PM
^:p:

I want to write techno for a living.

No joke, that or compose old school midi video game music.
Ftw :cool:

Matt_Malmsteen
06-12-2006, 05:03 PM
I'm really pessimistic when it comes to guitar...I know fo' sho' I haven't got anywhere near the chops to play "pro" or as a session musician, in fact atm I'm no even advertising for a band becuase I don't think I'm good enough.

So I'm more inclined to stick with what I'm good at academically than music, but music is always gonna be my passion and if I can become a guitar teacher or something as well as everything else then I'll be more than happy.

SnowballofDoom
06-12-2006, 05:05 PM
I'm really pessimistic when it comes to guitar...I know fo' sho' I haven't got anywhere near the chops to play "pro" or as a session musician, in fact atm I'm no even advertising for a band becuase I don't think I'm good enough.

So I'm more inclined to stick with what I'm good at academically than music, but music is always gonna be my passion and if I can become a guitar teacher or something as well as everything else then I'll be more than happy.

My thoughts exactly :golfclap:

Mad Marius
06-12-2006, 05:06 PM
If I lived in a country that didn't suck, I would've probably considered a career in music. Too bad.

PooKoo
06-12-2006, 05:06 PM
where do you live?

Reemster
06-12-2006, 07:40 PM
Being good enough to consider a career in music is only a small part of the whole thing, I think. It's only logical that one chooses a career that suits their education, and for most of us music isn't what we're studying full-time at school.

Although I'd love to have a career in music, (and I will probably try to find out how far I can get with that ) I'm most likely going to teach High School students, because that's what I'm studying for.

So, deciding to "go for it" after your study is over is quite a huge gamble, simply because the music business is a very uncertain, and unstable one.

I think the most important thing to keep in mind is that, no matter what career you'll eventually find yourself in, making music and playing the guitar should always be something for you to enjoy, even if you can't spend as much time as you like with your instrument.
If you by any chance are offered a career in music, and you really want it, then that's great, but like I said: talent is only one part of the whole deal. :)

PooKoo
06-12-2006, 07:43 PM
I'm taking every class my high school (and some others) offer for music, basically. Composition, theory, gutiar (highest level in the county), music tech, whatever.

apocalypse13
06-12-2006, 07:47 PM
where do you live?
Probably America.

He's probably referring to places like Sweden and Norway where Shred and Death Metal runs rampant.

Btw, I'm definitely wanting to start a band. I WILL once I get my license.

Probably a death metal band with face melting guitar solos. :headbang:

splice
06-12-2006, 07:57 PM
my schedule for high school is pretty rad actually

1.geometry
2.chemistry
3.history
4.jazz band (guitar)
5.english 2
6.marching band (guitar)
7.classical guitar lessons from the head of the music department at a local community college

apocalypse13
06-12-2006, 08:01 PM
Mine next year is:

-CAD for 2.5 hours
-Math
-Physics
-English
-ROTC

Each for like 45 minutes I think.

Tom Martin
06-12-2006, 08:45 PM
Yes, I entirely plan on being a professional musician. Most people think that the only way to make money out of the music industry is to be in a famous band... not so.

If we're gonna start talking schedules, mine is:

Pre-production (learning and analysing songs)
Music in context (music history)
Theory (self explanitory)
Sight Reading and Ear Training (again, self explanitory)
Live Performance Workshop (basically we get up and play in bands, the performance is analysed and parts of the song are routined and mistakes ironed out - taken at one of the largest venues in Brighton)
Gig-Prep (just learning alot about what it takes to be in a band, whether its an original or a funciton band, discuss everything from image to set list organisation)
Music Business (learn all about the music business industry - duh)
Session Styles (analyse and learn how to play different styles of music, everything from Brian Setzer to Yngwie)
Technical Development (rather self explanitory)

apocalypse13
06-12-2006, 08:54 PM
Are you in college?

Matt_Malmsteen
06-12-2006, 09:54 PM
You people all have these really far out ideas, it goes to show that the shred forum does indeed have the most intelligent people in UG, not that I didn't realise that already.

psychodelia
06-13-2006, 12:10 AM
Probably America.

He's probably referring to places like Sweden and Norway where Shred and Death Metal runs rampant.

Unless I'm mistaken, Mad Marius lives in a former Communist country (can't remember which though). If that's true, he can confirm that.

As for a career in music... I will probably play locally in a band, as long as my music can get heard, but I'm also going to see what jobs involving math I can get that are interesting.

Beckerism
06-13-2006, 12:14 AM
Probably America.

Btw, I'm definitely wanting to start a band. I WILL once I get my license.

Probably a death metal band with face melting guitar solos. :headbang:

You should learn Eleven Blue Egyptians. :p:

pavan
06-13-2006, 02:37 AM
I will retire at the ripe age of 40 and start recording.

mr_clapton
06-13-2006, 04:48 AM
i am going to play in bars and clubs for about 30 years with very little money then die, then i'll be famous and become some kind of legend that wasnt recognised when he was around :p

~1954~
06-13-2006, 06:12 AM
I reckon theres potential for some on this forum to make it as a pro, going by what ive heard in the recordings thread etc- but that doesnt mean anyone will become famous. There's probably loads of unknown shredders making music in the world, plus all those who go into teaching. Thats a possible career choice if i ever get good enough...

tombo32
06-13-2006, 07:00 AM
I think you will Strat, I've downloaded Scarecrow and put it on my iPod. You definitely have potential. How long have you been playing and are you self taught?

I did too, but I don't have an iPod :( (but its on my Windows Media Player playlist)

HammerForce
06-13-2006, 07:44 AM
I dunno,definitely not me, I'm doing a degree, I still play guitar, practise try to write songs and play in a band but I really don't think I am talented enough,creative enough or even just plain have the chops for being even a session musician.
From this forum (and from what I've heard of them) I think FP,PooKoo, Axegrinder #9, Resi, Stratwizard have what it takes. I haven't heard any of MoS's stuff but given his guitar collection im assuming he will probably do quite well. They're the ones who I think have what it takes, whether they decide to do it or not is another matter altogether...

gapster
06-13-2006, 07:48 AM
doesn't mean you start shredding when you are 14 means by 20 you will be better or make it somewhere..

as you grow older..you have more responsibilities ..life kicks in and you get busy..= less time for guitar..
i started when i was 15..now i am 20..i am still no where..i am working as an ABRSM guitar teacher..i guess i am pretty satisfied with that

Resiliance
06-13-2006, 11:20 AM
Yes, I entirely plan on being a professional musician. Most people think that the only way to make money out of the music industry is to be in a famous band... not so.

If we're gonna start talking schedules, mine is:

Pre-production (learning and analysing songs)
Music in context (music history)
Theory (self explanitory)
Sight Reading and Ear Training (again, self explanitory)
Live Performance Workshop (basically we get up and play in bands, the performance is analysed and parts of the song are routined and mistakes ironed out - taken at one of the largest venues in Brighton)
Gig-Prep (just learning alot about what it takes to be in a band, whether its an original or a funciton band, discuss everything from image to set list organisation)
Music Business (learn all about the music business industry - duh)
Session Styles (analyse and learn how to play different styles of music, everything from Brian Setzer to Yngwie)
Technical Development (rather self explanitory)

Theoretical subjects
1?Eartraining (2 hours a week)
2?Harmony (2 hours a week)
3?Jazz history (2 hours a week)
4?Solfege (2 hours a week)
5--Tabla (2hours a week)
5?Rhythm class (2 hours a week)

Practical subjects
1?Combo (4 hours a week)
2?Instrument (1/2 hour a week)
3?Reading class (1 hour a week)

Scorzerci
06-13-2006, 12:06 PM
TOm Martin - Are you at/going to go to BIMM?

For me it really depends how my guitar playing and compositional skills grow over the next few years. If I can actually compose something good and have quite good chops by the time I'm in 11th grade then I will pursue music I think, If I still suck at that time then I'm probably gonna do some business thing and pursue music on the side.

Out of the people that go to UG I think Resi is the most likely to become succesfull in the Music industry/ go pro. (ATARAXIA ****ING PWNS!)

Abby123456
06-13-2006, 02:28 PM
I want to be good, I want to go to a guitar collage, looking at the BIMM, looks good. There are two guys I know, who are going to music collages, and they inspire me to want to go there also.

splice
06-13-2006, 04:00 PM
hold up how old are all of you that are taking all this music jazz?bc im in high school and i thought my schedule was pretty rad but compared to those it sucks

apocalypse13
06-13-2006, 04:26 PM

For me it really depends how my guitar playing and compositional skills grow over the next few years. If I can actually compose something good and have quite good chops by the time I'm in 11th grade then I will pursue music I think, If I still suck at that time then I'm probably gonna do some business thing and pursue music on the side.

Out of the people that go to UG I think Resi is the most likely to become succesfull in the Music industry/ go pro. (ATARAXIA ****ING PWNS!)
You are going into what grade next?

Freepower
06-13-2006, 05:38 PM
A fair few people here will probably end up professional musicians, if not famous bedroom shredders.

I plan to teach guitar along with whatever odd jobs i can find music-related. Nice to think a few people here think i can do it. :)

And if anyone here likes my weird creative stuff, i have a treat or two coming...(as usual!)

PooKoo
06-13-2006, 05:41 PM
**** yes thank you fp!

And i definantly think you'd make a great teacher, you have theory out the wazoo, know how to explain it, and would keep it interesting.

I can see you making gilbertesque videos, with your beautiful accent.

Freepower
06-13-2006, 06:26 PM
*modest blush*

Why, PK...

As usual, feel free to ask any favours you ever want. :) Or drop in should you be in the country. :)

PooKoo
06-13-2006, 06:44 PM
one day my friend. one day.

I am planning to take a trip over to italy and the like in a couple years, if i get some money i'd love to see ireland, and of course i'd drop by, though it may end up being just awkward, i'm much more sloppy in person.

Freepower
06-13-2006, 06:57 PM
Pah, you should see me. Instead of an all-knowing flame warrior of doom, with a sword of +5 guitar, i am a mere Pussywhipped Knave, with a cloak of bad hair +2.

We can jam over my sweet industrial BTs! :D

And then, after that, watch my HUGE collection of shawn lane media! And then i can pwn you at table tennis, which i am actually very good at!

PooKoo
06-13-2006, 06:58 PM
Ack i'm terrible, but alright.

TheUltimateSin
06-14-2006, 12:16 AM
Well, I got voted "Most likely to get famous" back in highschool because everyone loved my performance of Crazy Train on the last day. We'll see, I guess. If I make it big(for whatever reason), I'll be sure to send out free tickets to my big shows to all of you loveable SF regs ;)

Stratwizard
06-14-2006, 03:50 AM
Theoretical subjects
1?Eartraining (2 hours a week)
2?Harmony (2 hours a week)
3?Jazz history (2 hours a week)
4?Solfege (2 hours a week)
5--Tabla (2hours a week)
5?Rhythm class (2 hours a week)

Practical subjects
1?Combo (4 hours a week)
2?Instrument (1/2 hour a week)
3?Reading class (1 hour a week)

:eek:

Prophet of Page
06-14-2006, 08:24 AM
Pah, you should see me. Instead of an all-knowing flame warrior of doom, with a sword of +5 guitar, i am a mere Pussywhipped Knave, with a cloak of bad hair +2.

We can jam over my sweet industrial BTs! :D

And then, after that, watch my HUGE collection of shawn lane media! And then i can pwn you at table tennis, which i am actually very good at!

I happen to be in the country. Could be cool to jam sometime, and watch you crit my technique.

Freepower
06-14-2006, 09:30 AM
It'd be damn cool, and i hope you dont extend any critique to mine, because its ****e. :p:

Would you like to arrange a trip up during the hols? Presuming

A) you care
B) you can be arsed
C) you can drive, and thus it is fair for me to ask you to come here rather than vice versa.

:)

Reply via PM, ta.

Tom Martin
06-14-2006, 11:19 AM
Yar, that I be. I'm just finishing off a level 3 diploma, and next year I am going on to do a foundation degree in professional musicianship - which I will then top up into a full degree.

And Resi, where do you study? It wouldn't happen to be the guitar institute would it? I know they're pretty hot on their jazz. You've got the same amount of lectures of me, I've got 18 hours a week too.

Resiliance
06-14-2006, 11:24 AM
^Nah, I live in Belgium, no guitar institutes here...

Ch-ch-check it out: http://www.jazzstudio.be

Tom Martin
06-14-2006, 11:29 AM
Touché

I forgot you are a Belgianite.
That place seems pretty cool :) How long have you been there for and how long is your course? What do you think of music colleges? Yay oder nay?

Resiliance
06-14-2006, 11:38 AM
I haven't been there long, the course is 4 years.

Music colleges: a bit fat yay, ofcourse...

If only there was another decent one in Belgium... This is honestly the only decent one I could ever find. And don't you mention conservatories... I hate those with a passion.

Tom Martin
06-14-2006, 11:42 AM
I haven't been there long, the course is 4 years.

Music colleges: a bit fat yay, ofcourse...

If only there was another decent one in Belgium... This is honestly the only decent one I could ever find. And don't you mention conservatories... I hate those with a passion.
Ahh, do you have to commute much to get to your college?
And conservatories are great, I've got one. Very nice in the summer. Yum.

Resiliance
06-14-2006, 11:51 AM
^About 110 km.

Scorzerci
06-14-2006, 12:04 PM
You are going into what grade next?
I'm going into to 9th grade after the summer holidays (I'm only 14) so I still have quite a few years untill I have to decide :)

Tom Martin
06-14-2006, 12:11 PM
^About 110 km.
Oh right... so not far then...

Scorzerci
06-14-2006, 12:16 PM
Sorry for being a n00b, but what's a conservatorium?

paddyo
06-14-2006, 12:23 PM
I happen to be in the country. Could be cool to jam sometime, and watch you crit my technique.
*cough* *Chlookoverhere* *H'imalsoirish*

/Brick Tamland-like obviousness :p:

Tom Martin
06-14-2006, 12:47 PM
I have no idea where Resi's mention of conservatories came from I did find it a bit random... but this is what I call a conservatory:

http://www.clearimprovements.co.uk/pics/conservatory/Conservatory%20Outside.gif

Prophet of Page
06-14-2006, 12:50 PM
I think Resi just hates the sun...

Resiliance
06-14-2006, 12:52 PM
^Heh, no, that's not what I mean.

Look it up, it's a kind of music college.

But, I don't know how it is where you all live, but in Belgium, a conservatory/conservatorium is somewhere where you're being taught music, just like music colleges, or however you choose to call them...

Only, over here, a conservatory is very classically based and rigid. The emphasis is on sight reading and performing classical pieces. Improvising is unheard of, so is a descending melodic minor...

You can see why I hate those... And the worst part is... They're all over the place here, which leads to the area being musically stale.

paddyo
06-14-2006, 12:55 PM
:haha You sound like an old History Book!....Sir:(

Damn mod qualities*pfft*...

Tom Martin
06-14-2006, 12:56 PM
Ahah. Makes sense now. Yea, they do sound a bit like music nazi schools :eek:

I never thought I'd get to post a picture of a conservatory in the shred forum...

Spynal
06-14-2006, 12:59 PM
I'll not make it as a shredder, but that's mostly because that's not where my interests lie. Ideally, my band (The Cyanide Solution) will gain enough popularity, but only time will tell.

EDIT: I took about 2 years of my music degree before leaving college.

apocalypse13
06-14-2006, 01:12 PM
^Spynal you definitely have a chance.

Your band is pretty good dude.

GOD*OF*ROCK
06-15-2006, 10:54 PM
well, i mean i think I could. its possible. ive only had my guitar for 4 days now and i already know how to play NIKI FM from hathorne heights.

and im only 15 so if i keep practicing ( which i will cuz its just too much fun ) then i think i will definately make it to the top when im 18 or 19. well maybe not TOP. but i think i can sell at least 1,000 albums. all i need is a band with bass, drums and a GREAT vocalist, considering almost all bands can make it with a great vocalist.

Music is MY life. and i intend to keep it that way. but if not. an alternate job would be computer technician ( trust me im the einstein of computers )

mr_clapton
06-16-2006, 03:04 AM
^just a hunch but you think alot of yourself dont you

gapster
06-16-2006, 03:53 AM
well, i mean i think I could. its possible. ive only had my guitar for 4 days now and i already know how to play NIKI FM from hathorne heights.

and im only 15 so if i keep practicing ( which i will cuz its just too much fun ) then i think i will definately make it to the top when im 18 or 19. well maybe not TOP. but i think i can sell at least 1,000 albums. all i need is a band with bass, drums and a GREAT vocalist, considering almost all bands can make it with a great vocalist.

Music is MY life. and i intend to keep it that way. but if not. an alternate job would be computer technician ( trust me im the einstein of computers )

lolz..you are gonna get flame boy..almost all bands can make it with a great vocalist?within 3 years you are gonna make it to the TOP ? ...top punk high school band..yeah! :)

scheck006
06-16-2006, 05:09 AM
that kinda stuff usually gets sigged, and the kids who say it have no clue why it was so funny

which makes it even better

Freepower
06-16-2006, 05:32 AM
I think he's got a few good points. If he's as good as he says at computers (which i doubt :p:) then he'll have a backup. For now, you need to hang around this forum and MT as much as possible, because thats where you'll learn the most.

And you'll want to buy this www.guitarprinciples.com - the book for "Correct practice", which tells you how to practice so that you develop no bad habits. Trust me, big important buy if you're serious.

gapster
06-16-2006, 07:30 AM
well..chicks doesn't dig computer technicians..
i think i wanna work for some event management company ,or a radio station cruiser ;)

SuburbanCowboy
06-16-2006, 09:00 AM
Someday I will be a pro...

...janitor :(

Tom Martin
06-16-2006, 12:22 PM
ive only had my guitar for 4 days now
Music is MY life.
Am I the only one that picked up on that?

TheUltimateSin
06-16-2006, 01:49 PM
^No, you're not the only one :)

Resiliance
06-16-2006, 02:06 PM
:haha

Mad Marius
06-16-2006, 02:20 PM
What an accomplished life, at only 15 he's the "einstein of computers" AND a God of Rock.

Tom Martin
06-16-2006, 02:22 PM
Well, I guess some people are just born with it :(

apocalypse13
06-16-2006, 02:30 PM
well..chicks doesn't dig computer technicians..
i think i wanna work for some event management company ,or a radio station cruiser ;)
And we all know:

Chicks with money = Success

:p:

scheck006
06-16-2006, 02:40 PM
aren't all musicians looking for a hot rich girl that makes sure we arent out on the street?

Resiliance
06-16-2006, 02:52 PM
^Uh, no.

wynter
06-16-2006, 03:05 PM
I want to make a living as a session musician. Whats better than playing music for a living? I find teaching enjoyable as well, but I don't know if you need a load of qualifications to do it professionally.

SnowballofDoom
06-16-2006, 03:25 PM
Am I the only one that picked up on that?

Well to be fair, music can be your "life" without having to play an instrument, or maybe he played another instrument before picking up a guitar.

I doubt it... but you never know, I suppose. No need to crush a kids dreams on his fourth day of playing... that'll happen once he reaches his first technique plateau ;)

Resiliance
06-16-2006, 03:26 PM
^I can't imagine music being anyone's life and them not wanting to play it...

SnowballofDoom
06-16-2006, 03:29 PM
Well... music producers, engineers, etc, they don't necessarily have to play an instrument for music to be their life.

Resiliance
06-16-2006, 03:48 PM
But then it's their life out of professional obligation, not out of passion... And if it is, it's not really the music, but the recording/mixing/mastering side of it...

Point being, producers/engineers don't MAKE music, they polish it.

I still can't imagine it :p:

Stratwizard
06-16-2006, 03:57 PM
But then it's their life out of professional obligation, not out of passion... And if it is, it's not really the music, but the recording/mixing/mastering side of it...

It's true that they don't make the music. Allthough, someone might have a passion to work with music without having enough musical talent to play an instrument.

psychodelia
06-16-2006, 04:10 PM
If someone actually puts the effort in correctly, most people could play an instrument with some success.

They might not be very fast, or what we would consider "good", but they could still probably play a few of their favorite tunes. I know some uncoordinated kids who aren't the brightest bulbs around, but they like music enough to try an instrument. Are they the best? No, but they play because they enjoy it, and it gives them satisfaction.

I guess my point is that if music is your life, you will try to play it... but if you can't play well enough for it to be your job, maybe you can still get satisfaction out of a job that still helps to make music sound good?

That's just my thoughts, people have some weird passions sometimes. My brother is the sports nut, he can't understand what satisfaction I get from practicing for a few hours.

Resiliance
06-16-2006, 04:45 PM
It's true that they don't make the music. Allthough, someone might have a passion to work with music without having enough musical talent to play an instrument.

Musical talent doesn't exist. Aside from stuff like perfect pitch etc.

And yes psychodelia, that's what I'm getting at. I wasn't talking about playing music as a job necessarily.

Tom Martin
06-16-2006, 04:48 PM
I can't imagine a person claiming music is their life without even wanting to play an instrument. Personally I don't claim that music is my life (its most of it though, and how I intend to make a career), but I still want to be the best I can at as many different instruments as possible.

I knew that it was possible for music to be this kids life and only have played guitar for 4 days (5 now), I merely posted it in the name of humour ;)

scheck006
06-16-2006, 06:26 PM

can you explain thisbetter before I disagree with it? :D

SnowballofDoom
06-16-2006, 06:32 PM

Hm... I still think it's possible to love music enough to consider it your life without wanting to play an instrument. I could consider video games my life without ever wanting to design them, seeing as there are plenty of opportunities in game testing and whatnot, should I decide to make that my career.

Or take something like NASCAR. I doubt any of the fans that come to see the races have their own private track where they love to race their neighbors at 200mph. But they could watch every race, buy every item of merchandise to support their favorite driver, whatever... The point is, they could be an accountant, but NASCAR could very well be their main passion in life, without them ever feeling the need to take part in a race.

The recording/mixing/mastering side of music is still a large part of the music business after all. Couldn't it be my life's passion to want to make music better, instead of actually wanting to make the music? I believe that's very possible...

Then again, maybe I'm missing something :p:

GOD*OF*ROCK
06-16-2006, 09:14 PM
yea about my post and replies. umm....why do u guys online have to be such asses?

i mean serisouly i gave an honest opinion. and by the way....

I listen to music day and night for the past 7 years. all day metal. the only time i dont listen is probably when im with my friends. P.S. the only reason i havent gotten the guitar sooner is because i could never afford it until 3 weeks ago. thats why i said music is my life.

and i have also been on the computer day and night...for the past 10 years. i have also built about 7 computers just off of all the information i study all the time about computers since i was 12. i built the computers for my dads friends, they provided the money.

full of myself? maybe. why not eh? im talented. as is my IQ rated at 147.

so u know what, all the guys who flamed me just go and **** urself cuz u dont know me.

...what a bunch of dumbasses

wil
06-16-2006, 09:28 PM
i would have naturally assumed that someone with a 147 IQ could spell 'seriously'----but seriously mate, facts, figures and sweeping statements dont impress ANYONE.

Also, how do you spend--

-All of your time listening to music
-All of your time with your friends
and
-All of your time on computers?

tHat's not the most economical use of your time if you ask me.

Seriously though, drop the arrogance and you'll be OK.

GOD*OF*ROCK
06-16-2006, 09:47 PM
i would have naturally assumed that someone with a 147 IQ could spell 'seriously'----but seriously mate, facts, figures and sweeping statements dont impress ANYONE.

Also, how do you spend--

-All of your time listening to music
-All of your time with your friends
and
-All of your time on computers?

tHat's not the most economical use of your time if you ask me.

Seriously though, drop the arrogance and you'll be OK.

well i was never trying to impress anyone man. i was trying to prove a point. :rolleyes:

also, im typing pretty fast here man so lay off the spelling subject. :rolleyes:

as for " economical use of time ", at the point thats all there is to do. the only thing thats different on that list for the past couple of yrs. is school. its summer so i got nothing to do but those really.

scheck006
06-16-2006, 09:48 PM
I listen to music day and night for the past 7 years.

my IQ rated at 147.

At least, we should be able to expect proper tense agreement with an IQ like that.

GOD*OF*ROCK
06-16-2006, 10:22 PM
did i not agree on the "full of yourself" characteristic displayed on an earlier post?

rayIII
06-16-2006, 10:26 PM
I'm not pessimistic, I'm realistic
wow... that's lucidly.. true... so sigged :golfclap:

Erc
06-16-2006, 11:16 PM
yea about my post and replies. umm....why do u guys online have to be such asses?

I listen to music day and night for the past 7 years. all day metal. the only time i dont listen is probably when im with my friends. P.S. the only reason i havent gotten the guitar sooner is because i could never afford it until 3 weeks ago. thats why i said music is my life.

and i have also been on the computer day and night...for the past 10 years. i have also built about 7 computers just off of all the information i study all the time about computers since i was 12. i built the computers for my dads friends, they provided the money.

so u know what, all the guys who flamed me just go and **** urself cuz u dont know me.

:haha: this kid is a joke.

There are so many contradicting and ridiculous statements in those paragraphs.

GOD*OF*ROCK, I suggest you get your head out of your ass.

pavan
06-16-2006, 11:37 PM
Heh!

Competition!
Competition for ......... grrrrr whats his name...... that wunderkid who could play 30nps closing his eyes...... FP? He got scholarships to all top universities! He got injured! But then he came back and did 30nps. Whats his name?

Resiliance
06-17-2006, 03:56 AM
can you explain thisbetter before I disagree with it? :D

What's there to explain?

You're not born with jack-**** concerning music.

Mad Marius
06-17-2006, 04:18 AM

Well, my IQ's rated at 147.5 , Gotcha!

You "built 7 computers". I assume by "build" you mean you assembled the components (video / sound card, harddisks etc) together. Impressive. Yeah, it must take a lot of brains to screw in a motherboard, a few cards, and a few drives. I think my friend's 11 year old cousin replaced his ethernet adapter the other day.
Big deal.

Go ahead, what other unheard of computer knowledge do you posess?

Stratwizard
06-17-2006, 04:27 AM

And yes psychodelia, that's what I'm getting at. I wasn't talking about playing music as a job necessarily.

Ok, the talent thing was bad example, but you know what I mean. I still don't understand why you can't think that music could be someone's life without wanting to play an instrument...

Resiliance
06-17-2006, 04:29 AM
I still don't understand why you do :p:

Surely if you love something that much, you'd want to create it yourself, even if it's not your job but on the side. Otherwise, as far as I'm concerned, it's not your life at all. Maybe I'm comparing with myself too much.

Stratwizard
06-17-2006, 04:31 AM
Not necessarily. Some people might find more satisfaction being an engineer or a technician.

Resiliance
06-17-2006, 04:36 AM
Not necessarily. Some people might find more satisfaction being an engineer or a technician.

And play an instrument on the side. :p:

Stratwizard
06-17-2006, 04:39 AM
Call me a weirdo, but I actually enjoy the mixing/mastering part when I record songs.

Resiliance
06-17-2006, 04:41 AM
Call me a weirdo, but I actually enjoy the mixing/mastering part when I record songs.

But you don't JUST mix/master them, do you.

Stratwizard
06-17-2006, 04:45 AM
Occasionally, I do master/mix some of friend's stuff and enjoy that. I could imagine doing it, without playing guitar/piano and still having music as my life.

Resiliance
06-17-2006, 04:46 AM
Occasionally, I do master/mix some of friend's stuff and enjoy that. I could imagine doing it, without playing guitar/piano and still having music as my life.

Lies :(

Stratwizard
06-17-2006, 04:52 AM
Nah. ;)

public property
06-17-2006, 05:10 AM
Resi must have lost some of his powers as a mod :p:
Anyway I disagree that just because music is your life then you have to create it.
I mean I'm alive and thats my life, but I don't play god!

Resiliance
06-17-2006, 05:12 AM
Anyway I disagree that just because music is your life then you have to create it.
I mean I'm alive and thats my life, but I don't play god!

Uh... What? :p:

Tom Martin
06-17-2006, 06:52 AM
I agree with Resi, Stratwizard your argument doesn't stand with me.

Sure, in a way you are right, its perfectly possible to be a technician or a producer - but I'll pay you a handsome sum of money if you can find me a producer or technician who doesn't play an instrument too (the money is not gauranteed).

As for Resi's statement saying musical talent doesn't exist, I kinda agree on that too. What he was trying to say is: you can be born with perfect pitch, or relative pitch, but you can't be born with l33t ub3r gu1t4r sk1llz - its something you have to practice for.

gapster
06-17-2006, 07:04 AM
And we all know:

Chicks with money = Success

www.doubleyourdating.com :p:

Axegrinder#9
06-17-2006, 07:07 AM
I think the key to getting famous or atleast noticed is experimentation. I mean it really is about pushing the boundaries and trying to come up with something new and innovative. Honestly speaking I really would not wanna be a really good shred guitar player with an album out on Guitar9 records. I mean yea it'd be cool y'know but so what? there are a million of 'em out there, each one playing faster than the other, and not just mechanical bull****. That's why I like a select few from the new school shredders who've emerged like Eklundh, Buckethead, Thal, and some other crazies like Dave Fusezynski, Charlie Hunter - I mean these guys are really doing their own thing. I'd be happy if I could seriously be experimenting with electronic music and guitar oriented rock and fuse it with ethnic grooves and a blend of smooth jazz... as long as I could do this for myself, and churn out something good, I'd be happy. and if it turned out to be quirky enough and cool, chances are, it'd probably get noticed as opposed to Mr.X who was combining neoclassical metal within a progressive symphonic framework and churning out epic compositions.

gapster
06-17-2006, 07:13 AM
^i don't think getting noticed/famous should be a shredder's first goal..
besides that..you don't need originality to be famous..

Tom Martin
06-17-2006, 07:16 AM
^^ No, but it helps.

Prophet of Page
06-17-2006, 07:17 AM
^^ No, but it helps.

Not really.

Tom Martin
06-17-2006, 07:21 AM
Yes really.
Picture this, you are an A&R executive for a record label. You are listening to a load of demo's. The original ones are going to stand out - the other ones may be brilliant and you'll notice it, but they won't stand out as much.
Originality isn't always neccessary, but it sure does help.

Stratwizard
06-17-2006, 07:22 AM
I agree with Resi, Stratwizard your argument doesn't stand with me.

Sure, in a way you are right, its perfectly possible to be a technician or a producer - but I'll pay you a handsome sum of money if you can find me a producer or technician who doesn't play an instrument too (the money is not gauranteed).

As for Resi's statement saying musical talent doesn't exist, I kinda agree on that too. What he was trying to say is: you can be born with perfect pitch, or relative pitch, but you can't be born with l33t ub3r gu1t4r sk1llz - its something you have to practice for.

You're born with musicality not playing skills, of course.

Tom Martin
06-17-2006, 07:23 AM
I don't think you are born with musicality, I do however think you can be brought up to have it without playing an instrument. If that makes sense.

Stratwizard
06-17-2006, 07:25 AM
Not really.

It depends what kind of career you're looking for. For example in pop music, there isn't much originality and it still sells a lot. Then again, if you want to be a well known shredder, you have to develop some own thing you do.

Stratwizard
06-17-2006, 07:30 AM
I don't think you are born with musicality, I do however think you can be brought up to have it without playing an instrument. If that makes sense.

Well, I think that everyone has some musicality when they're born. Some people might have more and some might have less. Either way, everyone has it. Those who have a lot musicality when they're born have naturally good ear (perfect or good relative pitch), good sense for rhytym and so on.

Resiliance
06-17-2006, 07:35 AM
Well, I think that everyone has some musicality when they're born. Some people might have more and some might have less. Either way, everyone has it. Those who have a lot musicality when they're born have naturally good ear (perfect or good relative pitch), good sense for rhytym and so on.

Born with good sense for rhythm?

Bull****.

Tom Martin
06-17-2006, 07:47 AM
Hmmm, no I don't think you can be born with musicality.
If you think of it music isn't exactly a natural human thing - it isn't in our primitive nature to want to play a C chord over a 4/4 beat. So I don't believe that it can be innate.
However, if you are brought up listening to music - surrounded by it - then you will no doubt have more musical aptitude than some guy who's lived in a cave and never heard of an Altered flat flat 7 scale.

Stratwizard
06-17-2006, 07:51 AM
Born with good sense for rhythm?

Bull****.

No, it isn't.

Tom Martin
06-17-2006, 07:55 AM
Actually, it would seem that Stratwizard is correct! (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5127546055885030016&q=baby+drums)

:haha:haha

Resiliance
06-17-2006, 07:55 AM
^^Yes, it is.

There's a difference between being born with good rhythm and being brought up to have good rhythm due to exposure to music, drums, and whatever that has rhythm during your early years.

Stratwizard
06-17-2006, 08:01 AM
^^Yes, it is.

There's a difference between being born with good rhythm and being brought up to have good rhythm due to exposure to music, drums, and whatever that has rhythm during your early years.

I never said that exposure to music wouldn't play a major role, but you can't deny that there wouldn't people who don't have naturally strong sense for rhytym. My brother is one, for example.

Tom Martin
06-17-2006, 08:03 AM
^^ Yes, but the argument is that he wasn't born with that rhythm, he was more likely brought up and exposed to it.

Stratwizard
06-17-2006, 08:10 AM
There's both of 'em.

Tom Martin
06-17-2006, 08:21 AM
Don't get me wrong, I'm quite into the whole nature nurture debate on a lot of things. But I don't believe that musicality is an in built human trait - therefor cannot be something you aquire from your parents genes.

Stratwizard
06-17-2006, 08:24 AM
Well, then it's the exact opposite of what they teach in schools here.

Resiliance
06-17-2006, 08:36 AM
^And?

I mean, come on, there's schools denying Darwin.

tombo32
06-17-2006, 08:37 AM
Actually, it would seem that Stratwizard is correct! (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5127546055885030016&q=baby+drums)

:haha:haha

:haha :haha

PooKoo
06-17-2006, 08:38 AM
i hate babies...

Stratwizard
06-17-2006, 08:47 AM
^And?

I mean, come on, there's schools denying Darwin.

What this Darwin you're talking about? lol :p: I think this argument is going nowhere...

Resiliance
06-17-2006, 08:48 AM
Why not?

Stratwizard
06-17-2006, 08:50 AM
Because now we're talking about Darwin. :p:

Resiliance
06-17-2006, 09:32 AM
No we're not, I'm simply making a point that what a school says doesn't mean jack ****.

Stratwizard
06-17-2006, 09:38 AM
Allrighty then.

PooKoo
06-17-2006, 09:47 AM
lol silly resi, don't you know god created the earth?

Resiliance
06-17-2006, 10:00 AM
:wtf:

Stratwizard
06-17-2006, 10:01 AM
lol silly resi, don't you know god created the earth?

And what god you're talking about?

Resiliance
06-17-2006, 10:14 AM
Allah ftw!

Matt_Malmsteen
06-17-2006, 10:18 AM
This confused me...where did the nature-nurture argument come into this?

tombo32
06-17-2006, 10:24 AM
This confused me...where did the nature-nurture argument come into this?

It's the shred forum.... Anything can happen....

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/positive14.jpg

Matt_Malmsteen
06-17-2006, 10:29 AM
:haha:....good point

PooKoo
06-17-2006, 10:38 AM

gapster
06-17-2006, 11:55 AM
how about God created the world using evolution as a process

PooKoo
06-17-2006, 11:57 AM
sounds like a plan.

Resiliance
06-17-2006, 11:59 AM
Nah.

PooKoo
06-17-2006, 12:02 PM
I think paul gilbert created the universe.

As a joke.

Tom Martin
06-17-2006, 12:11 PM
Pah, God...

If Francesco Fareri had created the world he'd have done it in 2 seconds.

PooKoo
06-17-2006, 12:12 PM
and it would be tastelessa nd sloppy.

Tom Martin
06-17-2006, 12:18 PM
^^ In that case lets just be thankful it wasn't done by Zacky Vengeance...

PooKoo
06-17-2006, 12:20 PM

AccidentsHappen
06-17-2006, 12:27 PM
I didn't take the time to read 10 pages of stuff, but I will give my 2 cents.

1) I don't know many of the people here because I'm relatively new, I'm guessing by my skill, that there are people who are 3 times better atleast here, just by experience. As I look through the bands nowadays and I see this punk rock/pop music with 3X5X5 7X9X9 choruses and stuff, I think alot of us here at UG could make pro and be one of those crappy bands like FOB, Green Day, G-G, Simple Plan... stuff like that.

2) The music business is all about knowing people...If you don't know anyone, you won't make it big. You have to have someone who knows people and can introduce you to people who will give you record deals and stuff. You might get lucky and someone sees you at a gig or something, but it's not too likely.

3) I still think someone from this board will go pro, maybe not under 80's rock, shred and stuff, but maybe on a different category. but who knows, maybe someone will.

Good luck to anyone who has the determination for it, I'm not all in it to be famous, but I wanna make a living off of it. :)

mr_clapton
06-17-2006, 06:51 PM
sorry i came in a bit late here in the debate of all that but i recall from something a read that vai loved music when he was young but he would never touch a guitar because he thought he wasnt cool enough so there is a kind of example of the music = life but no instrument kinda thing but then you could say he was playing the accordian at the time.....

i would love to see vai playing one of those live

chase09
06-17-2006, 07:03 PM
If some people aren't born with a natural aptitude for music, then how is it that Mozart was playing several instruments professionally by the time he was only 6 years old? Musical geniuses like Mozart, Beethoven, Bach, Vivaldi, etc. are born, not made, in my opinion.

thefoldarsoldar
06-17-2006, 07:06 PM
They're freaks.

mr_clapton
06-17-2006, 07:07 PM
actually i am pretty sure all of them (excluding mozart) studied for years and years and they had to be good or they would be out on the streets dead, the patronage system m'body the patronage system.

Resiliance
06-17-2006, 07:09 PM
If some people aren't born with a natural aptitude for music, then how is it that Mozart was playing several instruments professionally by the time he was only 6 years old? Musical geniuses like Mozart, Beethoven, Bach, Vivaldi, etc. are born, not made, in my opinion.

They had to compose up to 10 pieces per week, or they would indeed just not earn anything/be killed.

If the lack of musical Mozarts, Beethovens, Bachs and Vivaldis in contemporary times isn't an indication of the importance of hard work and the inexistence of "natural aptitude for music"... I don't know what is.

apocalypse13
06-17-2006, 07:58 PM
Jason Becker anyone???

Perspective????

Resiliance
06-17-2006, 08:00 PM
You don't have to play an instrument to make music, just like Becker in paralysed state, what's your point apoc?

apocalypse13
06-17-2006, 08:02 PM
Well, just saying that you don't need to play an instrument to have a life based around music.

Ie: A better example than producers/mixers IMO.

Tom Martin
06-17-2006, 08:06 PM
^^ Yes, but if Becker had the choice he'd be playing guitar... its not his fault he can't.

Bad example.

apocalypse13
06-17-2006, 08:35 PM
Yeah, didn't look at it that way...

Tom Martin
06-17-2006, 08:41 PM
;)

apocalypse13
06-17-2006, 08:45 PM
:(

splice
06-17-2006, 10:51 PM
:)

tombo32
06-17-2006, 10:56 PM
:batman:

garden of grey
06-18-2006, 12:08 AM
i liked pookoos and strat wizards stuff, ive been here for years just made an account today but call me a stalker pookoo i can recall just about anything you have done here in the past few years

tombo32
06-18-2006, 12:13 AM
i liked pookoos and strat wizards stuff, ive been here for years just made an account today but call me a stalker pookoo i can recall just about anything you have done here in the past few years

PooKoo, I think you should find a safe house in Mexico somewhere....

Erc
06-18-2006, 12:14 AM

:haha:

holy crap dude you're freaky! ^_^

SnowballofDoom
06-18-2006, 12:52 AM
That explains that shadowy figure outside Pookster's bedroom window...

garden of grey
06-18-2006, 01:15 AM
lol im loving these responses, but yes i like a lot of pookoos music and apocalypse 13s music, but no im not a real rapist or stalker or rapist lol, just a fan

garden of grey
06-18-2006, 01:16 AM
That explains that shadowy figure outside Pookster's bedroom window...

that would be brian peppers not me

garden of grey
06-18-2006, 01:18 AM
i woulda registered earlier but ive surfed every day in science class on UG and i couldnt log in for every year of middle school, so dont be creeped out if i know more about you than me (that goes for anyone in the pit or shred forum)

SnowballofDoom
06-18-2006, 01:19 AM
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/images_classic/buttons/edit.gif

;)

tombo32
06-18-2006, 01:35 AM
I must admit, I am a fan of PooKoo aswell, garden of grey.

garden of grey
06-18-2006, 01:36 AM
to tombo32 good job on the nylon scalloped guitar, work any good?

tombo32
06-18-2006, 01:50 AM
to tombo32 good job on the nylon scalloped guitar, work any good?

Yeah its great. Its a bit wierd though. I might start customizing a Strat copy next week if everything goes as planned.... :liplick:

Mascot
06-18-2006, 03:04 AM
Nylon scalloped?. . . Cool.

tombo32
06-18-2006, 03:08 AM
^ Tis indeed...

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d116/tombo32/a76f8f85.jpg

Stratwizard
06-18-2006, 03:15 AM
PooKoo, I think you should find a safe house in Mexico somewhere....

If my situation gets out of control
I could run down to Mexico
If I need a place to do some layin' low
Sun is always in the sky
Bands are always hoppin'
You can shake it all you want
Never feel like stoppin'

tombo32
06-18-2006, 03:16 AM
^ :haha :haha

Is it possible to not like Gilbert?

metalmaster362
06-18-2006, 03:44 AM
we all know that im gonna be the real pro on hear

Matt_Malmsteen
06-18-2006, 07:31 AM
^ :haha :haha

Is it possible to not like Gilbert?

No...not liking Gilbert is like a straight guy being afraid of naked women or something equally as weird...it's just not done.

PooKoo
06-18-2006, 07:45 AM

I am quite honored!

Tom Martin
06-18-2006, 07:52 AM
^^ and yet quite scared at the same time I imagine ;)

PooKoo
06-18-2006, 07:53 AM
eh.

Erc
06-18-2006, 08:51 AM
No...not liking Gilbert is like a straight guy being afraid of naked women or something equally as weird...it's just not done.

I don't like gilbert...

But I have absolutely no problem with naked women, by all means bring'em on ^_^

paddyo
06-18-2006, 09:14 AM
^ Tis indeed...

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d116/tombo32/a76f8f85.jpg
:haha At the decoration around the guitar! Were you in some sort of sewing room at the time of this photo?

tombo32
06-18-2006, 09:48 AM
:haha At the decoration around the guitar! Were you in some sort of sewing room at the time of this photo?

:haha :haha

That is the couch in the spare beadroom. I want it burnt.

paddyo
06-18-2006, 10:03 AM
And by "couch" you mean "entire suite" and by "the spare" you mean "my".Its ok...I get it;)

tombo32
06-18-2006, 10:20 AM
And by "couch" you mean "entire suite" and by "the spare" you mean "my".Its ok...I get it;)

Pfft, the decoration in my room is great. Well there is only one thing great about it, my massive EVH frankenstein stripes painting.

garden of grey
06-18-2006, 12:42 PM
If my situation gets out of control
If I need a place to do some layin' low
Sun is always in the sky
Bands are always hoppin'
You can shake it all you want
Never feel like stoppin'

w00t gilbert

John Kimble
06-18-2006, 01:39 PM
They had to compose up to 10 pieces per week, or they would indeed just not earn anything/be killed.

If the lack of musical Mozarts, Beethovens, Bachs and Vivaldis in contemporary times isn't an indication of the importance of hard work and the inexistence of "natural aptitude for music"... I don't know what is.

QFT

apocalypse13
06-18-2006, 02:42 PM
Naked women ftw

paddyo
06-18-2006, 02:43 PM
Naked women ftw
:haha Why do I get the feeling that that was the only phrase you picked up on or even read from his post!

Scorzerci
06-18-2006, 04:16 PM
^Thats the only phrase I can remember from that post!

apocalypse13
06-18-2006, 04:56 PM
:o

Matt_Malmsteen
06-19-2006, 08:50 AM
Hey man, you're a teenage male it's perfectly natural ;)

Scorzerci
06-19-2006, 11:31 AM
There is a reproduction book called "It's perfectly natural"... Or maybe it's normal....

Matt_Malmsteen
06-19-2006, 05:26 PM
You own it or have read it haven't you?

Scorzerci
06-19-2006, 05:29 PM
Well I read it in 5th grade I think... It's in the primary part of the library! One of my friends checked it out and said that it was for his stepfather!

SnowballofDoom
06-19-2006, 05:33 PM

Now that's a sheltered life..

Matt_Malmsteen
06-20-2006, 04:46 AM
:haha:

apocalypse13
06-20-2006, 11:41 AM
Rofl :haha

Virgil_Hart05
06-20-2006, 12:06 PM
I spend more time posting about playing guitar than I actually spend playing guitar...

Scorzerci
06-20-2006, 12:33 PM
Though I'm ashamed of it that happens to me too!

Stratwizard
06-20-2006, 02:08 PM
I spend more time posting about playing guitar than I actually spend playing guitar...

I post and play at the same time.

One hand legato = pwnage. ;)

Scorzerci
06-20-2006, 02:37 PM
^I always end up banging up my guitar when I do that:(

Gabuydachk
06-23-2006, 04:58 PM
same here

IThinkYou Smell
06-24-2006, 11:20 AM
Scheck006 but other than that, i doubt it. But hey, prove me wrong

Stratwizard
06-24-2006, 11:26 AM
^Umm... What?

PooKoo
06-24-2006, 12:17 PM
Pwnt!

Freepower
06-24-2006, 02:20 PM
Why not Sheck? Lets not get jealous stratiboy. ;)

Stratwizard
06-24-2006, 02:32 PM
Oh, he meant it that way. Now, I understand. Nevermind.

splice
06-24-2006, 05:51 PM
Gabuydachk did you steal my quote bro?

Resiliance
06-24-2006, 06:15 PM
Your quote? I've seen it used way before you ever joined. :p:

Tom Martin
06-24-2006, 07:30 PM
^Umm... What?
It's always confusing when someone actually brings the conversation back to the actual thread topic isn't it? :bonk: Gets me every time.