So I was at The Eagles last night

PDA

View Full Version : So I was at The Eagles last night

DavidfortheWin
06-12-2006, 06:43 AM
Quite suprising really. The first half of the show they played a lot of their standard hits before taking a 20 minute intervel. The band started the second half sitting down and playing a few slower songs but also started playing their newer songs as well as a few from Joe Walshes solo career. When they started the first of their heavy-on-blues songs "Life's been good", all the crowd (who were seated) got up and went to the front so it basiaclly became a standing concert. They continued with great crowd interaction playing three encores finishing with a beautiful rendtion of "Desperado", I can honestly say one of the most amazing live experiences I've ever had. Anyway, they really suprisied me with how they picked up a standard show and turned into a fantastic night in the second half. Here's the set:

Take It Easy
Witchy Woman
Peaceful Easy Feeling
One of These Nights
New Kid in Town
I Can't Tell You Why
Lyin' Eyes
The Boys of Summer
In The City
The Long Run

20 minute intervel

Tequila Sunrise
Love Will Keep Us Alive
No More Cloudy Days
Hole in the World
Take it to the Limit
Walk Away
Sunset Grill
(band introduction)
Life's Been Good
Dirty Laundry
Funk #49
Heartache Tonight
Life in the Fast Lane

Encore 1
Hotel California

Encore 2
Rocky Mountain Way
All She Wants to do is Dance

Encore 3
Already Gone
Desperado

Andrewbiles
06-12-2006, 07:02 AM
Glad it was good. They are worth seeing live, saw them about 8 years ago now (or so, can't remember but I think it was '98) and at the time I didn't know much of their stuff, but it was a very good performance.

TheHeartbreaker
06-12-2006, 07:22 AM
That show must have been amazing.

I would've went to see them when they came here, but their tickets are expensive as ****.

BrainDamage
06-12-2006, 04:21 PM
I would like to see the Eagles...mainly because of Joe Walsh...but it would be a good show regardless :) . Too bad tickets are a little pricey (they were up over $100 when I went looking for tickets).

Guitaraphone06
06-12-2006, 06:05 PM
I Went to the concert in '05 at Nassau Collesium. I payed $70 and I had reasonably good seats. I mean I could see pretty much everything and if not I had the big screen right there. It was amazing. im glad u enjoyed the concert as much as I did. They are an excellent band all of them still have it going for them musically, they are so talented. I too go to see Joe Walsh hes one of my favorite. The only thing that semi-dissapoints me is that Don Felder isnt touring with them but the backup they got is just as good, he really was, and anyway we get to so more of Joe Walsh...

False_God
06-12-2006, 06:07 PM
Was that in Ireland?

Guitaraphone06
06-12-2006, 07:40 PM
Was that in Ireland?
????

led.zep1
06-12-2006, 09:47 PM
I'd love to see the Eagles, I wish i had the $$$$$.

TheUltimateSin
06-13-2006, 01:42 AM
Gah. I eventually hope to see them before they all die. I can only imagine how well the show was, based on the various live clips from past shows that I've seen.

wilty00
06-13-2006, 01:43 AM
I had no idea they were still on tour... I thought they finished a long time ago.

Saw 'em in Toronto last spring... amazing show. Masters of the live performance for sure.

TheUltimateSin
06-13-2006, 01:46 AM
^Grr.....why do you get to see all the good shows :angry:

coffeeguy9
06-13-2006, 01:49 AM
I saw the Eagles too, last year. Best concert I've been too.

Joe Walsh had a helmet cam for the crowd, what the hell?

Joe Walsh played a talk box solo and dueled Felder. It was an amazing feat, detuning to hit low notes.

They played more of a rock show, less slow hits. They ended with Take It Easy, along with Hotel, Desperado, and Life in the Fast Lane.

Their old, but they can put on a damn good show.

DavidfortheWin
06-13-2006, 07:59 AM
Yeah, It was in Ireland where I saw them

Wannabehippie
06-13-2006, 09:36 AM
God damn, my parents are going and my mom doesn't even like them. Eurgh, i'm surprised they did Hotel California as an encore, considering its one of their most well known songs.

Sounds awesome.

wilty00
06-13-2006, 01:39 PM
God damn, my parents are going and my mom doesn't even like them. Eurgh, i'm surprised they did Hotel California as an encore, considering its one of their most well known songs.

Sounds awesome.

Aren't encores always the best songs people have been waiting for all night?

Nefro
06-13-2006, 01:55 PM
I'm surprised you didn't kill yourself at such a boring and terrible concert.

-SLASH
06-13-2006, 02:02 PM
not a big eagles fan, but glad you had fun...

TheUltimateSin
06-13-2006, 02:04 PM

That's what I always thought. Isn't the idea of encores to go out with your best songs and leave the crowd a pleased frenzy?

Spamwise
06-13-2006, 03:55 PM
I wonder if they'll come to the states..

I think bands try to space their hits out through the entire show, so people don't leave during it.

Wannabehippie
06-13-2006, 04:58 PM

Well i feel silly, i never thought of that :(

Guitaraphone06
06-13-2006, 05:57 PM
I'm surprised you didn't kill yourself at such a boring and terrible concert.
are you kidding?

Nefro
06-13-2006, 09:33 PM
are you kidding?

Why would I be kidding? The Eagles are terrible.

BrainDamage
06-14-2006, 02:00 PM
Joe Walsh had a helmet cam for the crowd, what the hell? it's Joe Walsh, what are you ging to expect? He's a funny guy :p:

Calum_Barrow
06-14-2006, 02:23 PM
I can't wait 'till I go see them now :D

Guitaraphone06
06-14-2006, 05:32 PM
Why would I be kidding? The Eagles are terrible.
I honestly hope u are being sarcastic

TUMFP
06-14-2006, 06:41 PM
arent the eagles a very strict live band? where as there songs are note for note with the CDs and there arent many jams?

Calum_Barrow
06-15-2006, 12:20 PM
arent the eagles a very strict live band? where as there songs are note for note with the CDs and there arent many jams?
More often than not yes.

DavidfortheWin
06-17-2006, 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by coffeeguy9

yeah, the helmet cam was wierd...

wilty00
06-17-2006, 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by coffeeguy9

yeah, the helmet cam was wierd...

I thought it was pretty bland. Didn't really show any good shots of the crowd and didn't serve a huge purpose... looking off the stage the crowd is pretty much all dark so theres nothing much to see.

Floyd93
06-17-2006, 08:49 PM
^^That helmet cam was pretty much pointless.