Prog band Zero Hour

PDA

View Full Version : Prog band Zero Hour

Names_mud
06-12-2006, 11:17 AM
Anyone listen to Zero Hour? If not, you should. They sound a little like Spiral Architect but heavier(7 string guitars) and more melodic.

SnowballofDoom
06-12-2006, 11:44 AM
I've heard a few songs... not bad, imo.

morgan
06-14-2006, 11:48 PM
Any listen to Zero Hour? If not, you should. They sound a little like Spiral Architect but heavier(7 string guitars) and more melodic.

These guys are absolutely amazing, they deserve much more publcity than they are getting. The guitarist and bassist are twins and are both incredibly talented. The bassist throws in amazing sweep rythms throughout most songs, and the guitarist, rather than just mindlessly shredding, also uses some really cool sweeps.

The singer is easily one of the most talented singers in metal today, just take a listen to the first couple of songs off of "Metamorphosis", you wont be dissapointed. Although they have switched out the singer for the very capable Mike Salinas on the next CD.

I have all three of their CD's (Metamorphisis, Towers of Avarice, A Fragile Mind) and am not dissapointed in any of them; I am a huge fan of bands such as Dream Theater, Symphony X, and Spiral Architect, but these guys easily hold their own if not exceed in all aspects of Musicianship when compapred to these and other bands.

You could say I'm a fan.

SGRocker0791
06-14-2006, 11:50 PM
I do believe I've heard them before. Not bad IMO.

Names_mud
06-14-2006, 11:59 PM
Hey Morgan that was a most good post. Your one liner at the end was great! Keep up the good work. Maybe one day you can learn to play guitar. Now get me some grape juice.

NevermorePsalm
06-15-2006, 12:15 AM
hmm...they are ok, not great, but good. I like them above most other things being put out lately. Solid overall.