While My Guitar Gently Weeps Solo

PDA

View Full Version : While My Guitar Gently Weeps Solo

g4cytheclown
06-14-2006, 04:44 AM
A lot of people are telling me that Clapton plays the solo for that, and not Harrison. That sounds like a load of BS. Is it true?

skydogzoso1986
06-14-2006, 04:45 AM
bull****? it's the truth man, clapton plays the solo, no one else.

g4cytheclown
06-14-2006, 04:47 AM
Why would Harrison write a solo that he couldn't even play?

skydogzoso1986
06-14-2006, 04:51 AM
no, george brought clapton to the studio to make a song together. i think the basis was written by george. clapton only played the solo, but he wrote that part, not george.

g4cytheclown
06-14-2006, 04:53 AM
That seems a bit odd, but if you say so.

jono034
harrison asked clapton to play it because they were great friends. clapton and harrison also co-wrote the Cream hit "badge"

skydogzoso1986
what's odd about it? i'm very sure clapton wrote and played the solo

g4cytheclown
06-14-2006, 04:55 AM
Because it's not like Harrison released that song solo, he did it with the Beatles. And I think you're taking it the wrong way when I said "It seems a bit odd". I'm not doubting you, and I'm sure you would know better than I.

*EDIT* Nevermind, you two are very much correct : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/While_My_Guitar_Gently_Weeps

skydogzoso1986
06-14-2006, 05:00 AM
ow yeah i understand man, i didn't think you doubted my statement. it's true it may be odd, but george and clapton also wrote the song "badge" together, which is seen as a cream song. clapton is given credit for the song, but actually george wrote most of the song, including the bridge. i think they just enjoyed themselves collaberating to each others albums, they were good friends so why wouldn't they ofcourse. clapton also collaberated to george's first solo album "all things must pass".

strateer
06-14-2006, 05:09 AM
you guys are dumb ****s. clapton played it but it doesnt take anything away from harrison he could still kick all of your asses on guitar even in his grave. (or should i say cremated remains)

jono034
06-14-2006, 05:12 AM
you guys are dumb ****s. clapton played it but it doesnt take anything away from harrison he could still kick all of your asses on guitar even in his grave. (or should i say cremated remains)

no one said harrison couldnt play :rolleyes:

next time you call someone a dumbass, i will give you a warning

:peace:

g4cytheclown
06-14-2006, 05:24 AM
:haha You just made yourself look like an idiot. No one is doubting the skills of Harrison. In fact, I was watching a live video of it and Harrison can play the solo just fine.

skydogzoso1986
06-14-2006, 06:20 AM
:) ofcourse he looks like an idiot, he is one. he doesn't understand anything of the posts. looks like a little baby!

rx_eb
06-14-2006, 08:06 AM
no one said harrison couldnt play :rolleyes:

next time you call someone a dumbass, i will give you a warning

:peace:
:haha You just made yourself look like an idiot. No one is doubting the skills of Harrison. In fact, I was watching a live video of it and Harrison can play the solo just fine.
:) ofcourse he looks like an idiot, he is one. he doesn't understand anything of the posts. looks like a little baby!

apparently there's someone who disrespects Harrison and doubts his skills
Why would Harrison write a solo that he couldn't even play?

well it's his fault for calling other posters dumbasses while there's only one dickhead who talked shit about clapton but :o before you flame someone who bashed others, just have a quick glimpse through the thread first

and after checking the classic rock games thread out, i'd call strateer a dumbass and an idiot too

Danne55
06-14-2006, 11:52 AM
Clapton is said to play the solo.... However there are rumors that the Clapton solo wans't enough "Beatlesish" and they mixed it so it sounded different

skydogzoso1986
06-14-2006, 12:04 PM
they didn't change the solo, they just doubletracked it. he still played it

tp600
06-14-2006, 08:23 PM
yeah george also thought it would be a good idea to try and relieve some of the studio tensions between the beatles by introducing an outsider's influence. Luckily, it worked.

rayIII
06-14-2006, 09:44 PM
Hey does anyone else HATE the synth replacing the heavy DUN DUN of the bass when he played it live? IMO makes it sounds to "pop"

g4cytheclown
06-14-2006, 10:45 PM
^^ Was thinking the same exact thing.

snipelfritz
06-15-2006, 05:08 PM
Clapton and Harrison were good friends and colaborated for many songs. 'While my guitar gently weeps' and 'badge' have been mentioned, and I also know that Clapton played the solo in the song 'Wah-Wah' from Harrison's solo album 'All Things Must Pass'

On a similar note Donovan was also a good friend of the Beatles and I heard a rumor once that the voice saying 'quite rightly' in the song 'Mellow Yellow' is actually Paul McCartney.

Also, the solo on 'While My Guitar...' is amazing. That is all.

colin617
06-15-2006, 05:33 PM
Yea, Clapton and Harrison were very close friends. So close, in fact, that Harrison played at Clapton's wedding...to his (Harrison's) wife.

Sorry, this post is irrelevent. I have "Layla" playing on iTunes and it reminded me of that story.

EDIT: While My Guitar Gently Weeps features Eric Clapton. (now it is relevent)

TORSION
06-16-2006, 08:32 AM
clapton does play the solo!!

bye :peace:

its also freakin easy!!

distilledspirit
06-16-2006, 10:10 AM
But very well thought out. Imo, I really think the solo was "Beatleised."

wilty00
06-16-2006, 02:24 PM
One of my favorite solos of all time, and as said about 30 times YES Clapton did play it on the recording.

Floyd93
06-16-2006, 02:32 PM
^^People actually dispute who played the solo on the recording? I thought everyone knew Clapton played it.