The Who

PDA

View Full Version : The Who

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

bluesbreaker59
06-15-2006, 09:32 PM
I love the Who, I'm a Who collector, and whoever doesn't agree they don't rank higher than the Rolling Stones, come talk to me :D

TheCrimsonKing3
06-15-2006, 09:36 PM
i rank the rolling stones higher as a band but i rank pete townshend way higher then keith richards as a guitarist.

vlp_dope
06-15-2006, 09:39 PM
the who?

TheCrimsonKing3
06-15-2006, 09:42 PM
the who?

how original :finger:

ZeppelinFan3890
06-16-2006, 12:04 AM
Reminds me of how great the band name is.

And the band is certainly great. Townshed is one of the greatest songwriters of all time, and yeah, he can definitely play guitar.

groll01
06-16-2006, 12:36 AM
i rank the rolling stones higher as a band but i rank pete townshend way higher then keith richards as a guitarist.

I find it the otherway round..... the who are my fav band but i reckon keith is a better guitar player :D

GivePeasAChance
06-16-2006, 12:58 AM
Keith Moon is the greastest ****ing drummer ever imo.

Jesse Mrau
06-16-2006, 02:40 AM
Well, to put it quite simply. The Who rock. I grew up listening to them. But everyone goes through some sort of a crap music phase...me included. So for awhile there, I forgot all about them. And I rediscovered them about 4 years ago. It amazed me that I could recall words from songs I didn't know...or I thought I didn't know them.

rmr024
06-16-2006, 03:55 AM
magic bus.

Thats all i have to say...

DieN
06-16-2006, 04:19 AM
At the moment I'm absolutely Who-fanatic. There's no reason to stop that.
I think they where the definition of a great band. Awesome studio material (Pete is a great songwriter) and even more awesome live-material (as someone said: they rock!).
http://encyclopedia.laborlawtalk.com/wiki/images/3/34/The_who.jpg
http://www.fantasyrogue.com/photos/the_who/images/1314/original.aspx

distilledspirit
06-16-2006, 10:14 AM

You could call Pete a better guitar player because he plays lead and rythym but Richards was a better riffmaker imo.

TheHeartbreaker
06-16-2006, 10:18 AM
I love The Who.

Townsend is definetly an underrated lyricist, and as a whole I think the band is overshadowed by other great bands.

The guys of the band are total goons, especially Keith Moon. Everything he does is hilarious.

Kadaj
06-16-2006, 10:19 AM
<3 The Who.

TheCrimsonKing3
06-16-2006, 10:33 AM
as far as memorable stuff keith richards is great but knowledge and muscianship wise pete townshend is fantastic

my list of who songs i like: Magic Bus, Who are you?, Won't get fooled again, and pinball wizard.

list of rolling stones songs: all of them new and old.

thats just my lonely opinion

nitrogenium
06-16-2006, 02:36 PM
listen to live at leeds and you will know they are one of the better bands

rplb
06-16-2006, 03:58 PM
or even better get live at leeds deluxe ver, it comes with a complete preformance of tommy

guitar_freak333
06-16-2006, 04:10 PM
The Who, along with the Beatles are probably in the top two greatest bands of all time, on my list. Pete is a great guitarist and a phenominal lyric writer.

Spamwise
06-16-2006, 04:25 PM
Keith Moon and John Entwistle are both some of the best in their instruments ever. Pete Townshend is an amazing song writer, and while he's not an amazing guitarist it fits well. I also love Roger Daltrey's voice.

I <3 the who

crazynickman
06-16-2006, 10:25 PM
YES, A WHO THREAD!!!!!!!!!!
I love the Who. The were destroying stages and writing about subject amterial unparalled today when the Beatles still wore suits and smiled while playing (ugh). IMO the Who are the BEST. I am a HUGE fanatic and was about to make a who thread before i saw this one. Last year, the official thread was closed and i ran to hide in the pit, and now i can return to the classic rock forum!!!
fav songs-
baba and magic bus
plus too many to list

everyone here should get Live At Leeds, the Kids Are Alright movie (hilarious), tommy, and Quadrophenia if they dont already have them.
and the Who are touring Europe this year and will hit america by soemtime next year, plus theyre releasing a new cd this september

and i windmill when i play :D

Iruleeverything
06-16-2006, 10:39 PM
YES, A WHO THREAD!!!!!!!!!!
I love the Who. The were destroying stages and writing about subject amterial unparalled today when the Beatles still wore suits and smiled while playing (ugh). IMO the Who are the BEST. I am a HUGE fanatic and was about to make a who thread before i saw this one. Last year, the official thread was closed and i ran to hide in the pit, and now i can return to the classic rock forum!!!
fav songs-
baba and magic bus
plus too many to list

everyone here should get Live At Leeds, the Kids Are Alright movie (hilarious), tommy, and Quadrophenia if they dont already have them.
and the Who are touring Europe this year and will hit america by soemtime next year, plus theyre releasing a new cd this september

and i windmill when i play :D

A years worth of searching and I have yet to see TKAA in any stores near where I live. The who are def. the best live band ever and one of the greatest bands ever.

I remember the only who thread, me and me_and_my_esp ruled that thread, we took up basically half of it and the last 20 pages is basically just me and esp.

I can't wait for the who to tour the u.s. i'm gonna try to get tickets if they come even remotely close to me. I can't wait for their new cd either, I WANT IT NOW!!!!

crazynickman
06-16-2006, 10:41 PM
A years worth of searching and I have yet to see TKAA in any stores near where I live. The who are def. the best live band ever and one of the greatest bands ever.

I remember the only who thread, me and me_and_my_esp ruled that thread, we took up basically half of it and the last 20 pages is basically just me and esp.

I can't wait for the who to tour the u.s. i'm gonna try to get tickets if they come even remotely close to me. I can't wait for their new cd either, I WANT IT NOW!!!!
awww i was there too mang :( i was a noob so i was wary of talking to much(am i still a noob...?)
And i found TKAA pretty easily, along with Quad and Tommy, and Royal Albert Hall. FYE had it by me.

Iruleeverything
06-16-2006, 10:48 PM
awww i was there too mang :( i was a noob so i was wary of talking to much(am i still a noob...?)
And i found TKAA pretty easily, along with Quad and Tommy, and Royal Albert Hall. FYE had it by me.

Ya, I remember you being there somewhat, but you didn't have too many posts in there.

There is no FYE by me that I know of, I've seen Quad and Tommy and Royal Albert Hall in one place, but no one has TKAA
(yeah, you're still a noob, noob :p: )

crazynickman
06-16-2006, 10:49 PM
Odd....check the internet if you havent already.

Iruleeverything
06-16-2006, 10:52 PM
Odd....check the internet if you havent already.
I have, but I don't order stuff off the internet that much. They might have it at best buy though, cause they said they were getting some new music dvds pretty soon.

crazynickman
06-16-2006, 10:54 PM
I got Isle Of Wight there, they had a lot of music stuff.
by the way, Isle of Wight is another DVD to get. Altough i dont really like the butchered version of Tommy (cut in half almost) and the stupid ass roadies who changed "Keef' " drums midway thru My Generation. :livid:

Iruleeverything
06-16-2006, 10:57 PM
I got Isle Of Wight there, they had a lot of music stuff.
by the way, Isle of Wight is another DVD to get. Altough i dont really like the butchered version of Tommy (cut in half almost) and the stupid ass roadies who changed "Keef' " drums midway thru My Generation. :livid:

Got it already, awesomeness contained in a disk though The live at leeds tommy is much better in my opinion

crazynickman
06-16-2006, 11:01 PM
Got it already, awesomeness contained in a disk though The live at leeds tommy is much better in my opinion
I haev the very original Live At Leeds Cd with only 6 songs :haha my dad got it in like 1985 or something. I neeeeeeed the Deluxe
and Magic Bus Live at Leeds pwns almost any live song ive ever heard except maybe See Me Feel Me at Woodstock, before they turned it into a whole circus show with Billy Idol and all these people singing it on stage for like 20 minutes.

Iruleeverything
06-16-2006, 11:08 PM
I haev the very original Live At Leeds Cd with only 6 songs :haha my dad got it in like 1985 or something. I neeeeeeed the Deluxe
and Magic Bus Live at Leeds pwns almost any live song ive ever heard except maybe See Me Feel Me at Woodstock, before they turned it into a whole circus show with Billy Idol and all these people singing it on stage for like 20 minutes.

My dad has the vinyl of the original live at leeds, the deluxe version is so much better, but it costs alot more than the original, oh well can't put a price on perfection.

crazynickman
06-16-2006, 11:10 PM
My dad has the vinyl of the original live at leeds, the deluxe version is so much better, but it costs alot more than the original, oh well can't put a price on perfection.
truer words were never spoken, except for maybe when someone first said "the who rock"........
im watching Isle of Wight right now and realized the who are the main reason i want to be in a band. Im gonna find a white boiler suit like that and wear it all the time :haha they must be hot.....

sorry its late and im tired..

Iruleeverything
06-16-2006, 11:12 PM
truer words were never spoken, except for maybe when someone first said "the who rock"........
im watching Isle of Wight right now and realized the who are the main reason i want to be in a band. Im gonna find a white boiler suit like that and wear it all the time :haha they must be hot.....

sorry its late and im tired..

haha I most def. want to rock out in a white boiler suit everytime I see that.

crazynickman
06-16-2006, 11:16 PM
haha I most def. want to rock out in a white boiler suit everytime I see that.
:haha no other way ...except maybe that hot skeleton get-up....hmmm
the only thing i got against this movie is there are parts where its quite obvious that Pete is visually playing some other song while you hear another, like in Heaven and Hell you see him playing down at the nut when he's obviously up the neck "a-ways."

Iruleeverything
06-16-2006, 11:19 PM
:haha no other way ...except maybe that hot skeleton get-up....hmmm
the only thing i got against this movie is there are parts where its quite obvious that Pete is visually playing some other song while you hear another, like in Heaven and Hell you see him playing down at the nut when he's obviously up the neck "a-ways."

Maybe the sound is off on yours cause I never noticed that, I'll have to watch it tommorow.

crazynickman
06-16-2006, 11:21 PM
Maybe the sound is off on yours cause I never noticed that, I'll have to watch it tommorow.
you can definately see him playing "Im Free" like during some solo, i think maybe Summertime Blues or something. Watch Im Free first, where he's like hopping and shuffling around in a circle, then watch the rest, you'll spot it like 3 times.

bluesbreaker59
06-17-2006, 03:39 PM
I reviewed the Isle of Wight if anybody wants to check it out...

fronkpies
06-17-2006, 03:48 PM
Im really not that into the who, and i dont know why. Theres something just "dull" about them.

06-17-2006, 04:17 PM
I can't help but love every song they write!

me_and_my_esp
06-17-2006, 06:20 PM
should i start?

Kadaj
06-17-2006, 06:21 PM
Look who turns up eventually. :D

me_and_my_esp
06-17-2006, 06:25 PM
yeah, first there was Ski season (practice everyday, work on weekends), then dry land training and conditioning, then school got out. but I've been sick for a week.

\so yeah im back.

crazynickman
06-18-2006, 01:03 PM
Im really not that into the who, and i dont know why. Theres something just "dull" about them.
Watch them live and try and say the same thing.

daft
06-18-2006, 06:17 PM
Seeing the Who a week today :D

Hopefully should be a good show and I can't wait to hear Won't Get Fooled Again live

rocknroll blues
06-18-2006, 09:55 PM
Does anyone know what their current tour set-up is?

I hope it's not as bloated as the Stones have become.

Entwistle717
06-18-2006, 10:32 PM
I wouldn't see the who now beacause 1, They have lost two of their members and 2, They're older. But they make great music.

rocknroll blues
06-18-2006, 11:19 PM
I wouldn't see the who now beacause 1, They have lost two of their members and 2, They're older. But they make great music.

:confused:

Erm.

So you really like them... but... you don't... like them?

Or do you mean they made great music but can't anymore and can't replicate it, either, without the missing members of the band?

Or are you just a thilly gooth?

Entwistle717
06-19-2006, 10:35 AM
I really liked them in thier "youth" but now i don't really listen to what they play now. But I bet they still play great.

groll01
06-19-2006, 02:19 PM
^your missing out.....while they will never re-create the enrgy that moon n entwistle provided (and they aint trying to) they have some darn good muso's up on stage with em and there live show's are still fantastic! what ppl need to understand is..... there touring to promote and have ppl hear there new music not become a greatest hits who cover band, this is just a new phase in the who's life and there new music should not be compared to the old music as they are not trying to re-create tommy or who's next but create something new..........

Guitar God Rob
06-19-2006, 03:55 PM
i'm seeing the who on the 2nd of july at the hyde park calling unfortunately the line up for that festival is crap but it worth the wait and money to see the who

me_and_my_esp
06-19-2006, 05:07 PM
ahhh why cant i live in England

-or-

ahhh whyyyyy cant i have moneeeey to go to a conceeeert in Englaaaaaaaaaaaand. cause iiiiiiiiii dont wanna waaaaaaaaiiit till they coooooooome to ameeeeeeeeeerica. doubt they will swing by Detroit :(

crazynickman
06-19-2006, 06:24 PM
ahhh why cant i live in England

-or-

ahhh whyyyyy cant i have moneeeey to go to a conceeeert in Englaaaaaaaaaaaand. cause iiiiiiiiii dont wanna waaaaaaaaiiit till they coooooooome to ameeeeeeeeeerica. doubt they will swing by Detroit :(
Im pretty sure they will, Detroits a big city. I just pray they come out to Long Island and i dont have to drive in to the city (nyc) because otherwise the traffic will be the ninth ring of hell.

Mr.Smith
06-19-2006, 07:02 PM
I'm not too much of a big Who fan but they're my dad's favourite band.My dad used to work security at a venue in Toronto and was able to get one of Roger Daltrey's harmonicas.He got it sometime in the early 80's I think.

crazynickman
06-19-2006, 07:07 PM
I'm not too much of a big Who fan but they're my dad's favourite band.My dad used to work security at a venue in Toronto and was able to get one of Roger Daltrey's harmonicas.He got it sometime in the early 80's I think.
:eek: lucky bastard

finalman
06-19-2006, 07:20 PM
I found this thread on the who, and I was just wondering if anyone has seen the tommy or quadrophenia live dvds (with special guests)...they were on sale here and I want to see if they are worth buying

Mr.Smith
06-19-2006, 08:06 PM
:eek: lucky bastard

Yeah,he also got to hang around a bunch of other great bands.The only other one that I can remember was him telling me that he got to hang around Eddie Van Halen but was too nervous to go and have a conversation with him.

crazynickman
06-19-2006, 08:11 PM
Screw Van Halen, he has Roger's harp!!! :D

bluesbreaker59
06-19-2006, 09:29 PM
I found this thread on the who, and I was just wondering if anyone has seen the tommy or quadrophenia live dvds (with special guests)...they were on sale here and I want to see if they are worth buying

The two live dvd's are pretty cool and you also get some bonus hits in there which is worth it too. Tommy is awesome except when Billy Idol comes on the stage to be cousin kevin...you could have told him to stay home. Phil Collins is great as uncle ernie. I would say its worth having.

crazynickman
06-19-2006, 09:34 PM
I never understood Ken Russells "glamming up" of Tommy for the movie...it was fine on the album, why couldnt he have just made it in its purest, simplest form? Ive never seen the movie but I'm banking that I'd rather listen to the album than watch the movie. Anyone?

bluesbreaker59
06-19-2006, 10:11 PM
The movie is alright, there are parts added to 'clarify' the fuzzy parts but it's pretty cool to visualize it all. It is a musical and don't expect more than that. But you are correct in saying i would much rather listen to the album and watch the movie. plus the movie is over two hours long.

bluesbreaker59
06-19-2006, 10:17 PM
Oh and just another fun little tid bit I'd like to throw in there, my birthday is on the same day as Pete Townshends. Coincidence? I don't think so.

bong-water
06-19-2006, 10:22 PM
Before this get's closed.... What's that Who song that has the lyrics "I'm not gonna get what I'm after, until the day I die"?

bluesbreaker59
06-19-2006, 10:28 PM
Before this get's closed.... What's that Who song that has the lyrics "I'm not gonna get what I'm after, until the day I die"?

THE SEEKER

bong-water
06-19-2006, 10:29 PM
THE SEEKER

Thank you! That's been bugging me all day!

bluesbreaker59
06-19-2006, 10:29 PM
I tabbed The Seeker; no worries, I'm working on improvements, I made it a looonnnngggg time ago.

Floyd93
06-19-2006, 11:30 PM
I never understood Ken Russells "glamming up" of Tommy for the movie...it was fine on the album, why couldnt he have just made it in its purest, simplest form? Ive never seen the movie but I'm banking that I'd rather listen to the album than watch the movie. Anyone?

The album is much better than the movie. The movie changes the way the songs sound too much.

sgaxman123
06-20-2006, 06:02 PM
the who is one of the best of all time

stage9
06-20-2006, 06:31 PM
Yeah, the movie does change a lot, like the setting from the 20's to the 50's, and other stuff, but besides that, the movie is pretty good, it's what movies are meant to be; entertaining. I do agree that the album is much better though. Can't wait for the new CD and Im definitely getting tickets when they come around. My dad is a gigantic who fanatic, so I grew up listening to them constantly... . Also, The Kids Are Alright is an awesome video, and you should definitely see it if youre into them. Keith Moon giving some guy liqour to pack his bass drum with explosives, great stuff...

crazynickman
06-21-2006, 02:37 PM
:haha "My friends call em Keith, you can call me John."

will_s
06-21-2006, 04:33 PM
i have seen the movie recently, but i try not to think about it too much, it takes some of the greatness away from the album i think. it was fun to watch though.

(i'm new to the board by the way, so i'm very pleased to find some who fans here)

hamish5178
06-21-2006, 05:18 PM
You probably all know this, and will yell at me, but i got my RS yesterday and The Who are releasing a new album and going on tour, I was so pissed *Why did noone tell me??? anyway, im not going to spend a cent until i get a ticket

Tommy = THE best album of all time IMO

will_s
06-21-2006, 05:45 PM
I couldn't agree more

DoTheEvolution
06-21-2006, 07:16 PM
How I love the Who. Great band. I saw this video somewhere of a live verison of My Generation. Pete Townsend takes the mic stand and scrapes it across the strings. It's awesome.

I heard once that Pete was doing his windmill move with a Strat and he had the whammy bar go through his hand. Anyone tell me if that is true or not?

crazynickman
06-21-2006, 08:41 PM
How I love the Who. Great band. I saw this video somewhere of a live verison of My Generation. Pete Townsend takes the mic stand and scrapes it across the strings. It's awesome.

I heard once that Pete was doing his windmill move with a Strat and he had the whammy bar go through his hand. Anyone tell me if that is true or not?
I dont think so; it would be widely known if that happened and I can tell you, as a fellow Windmiller of Townshend's (yeah thats right i windmill everyday :D) who plays a Strat, it appears almost impossible to do that, given the looseness of a whammy and the fact that you normally hit the strings nearer the bridge when you windmill, but i guess that depends also on how low your guitar is.
***Do not attempt windmilling without practice first***

edit- apparently it is possible : http://www.townshendbio.com/Chap%2013.htm
not sure if its really true though; it seems really hard to impale yourself on a whammy, even at "full speed" but you can scrape up your hand real good on the strings and whack the side of it into the bottom of the guitar.

Crazy_Diamond16
06-21-2006, 08:49 PM
dude thats gotta hurt impaling your hand with a wammy bar (or anything else). He had to have been swingin hard as hell!

rocknroll blues
06-21-2006, 09:58 PM
There's a famous picture of Pete holding his face in his hand, which is bleeding profusely, from all the cuts and scraps from windmilling, and then the blood rushing to his hands.

I believe that is what that story is referencing.

crazynickman
06-21-2006, 10:02 PM
There's a famous picture of Pete holding his face in his hand, which is bleeding profusely, from all the cuts and scraps from windmilling, and then the blood rushing to his hands.

I believe that is what that story is referencing.
Nope, that pic your talking about is from the early 80s, this apparently happened in 89, and that blood is almost all fake; he was bleedin a bit because he came to that photo shoot directly after a show and had a bit of blood but the photographer put some movie blood on to make it look cooler; and in the story he says his hand was impaled through his palm, which is hard to believe but hey, its pete.

rocknroll blues
06-22-2006, 12:01 AM
Nope, that pic your talking about is from the early 80s, this apparently happened in 89, and that blood is almost all fake; he was bleedin a bit because he came to that photo shoot directly after a show and had a bit of blood but the photographer put some movie blood on to make it look cooler; and in the story he says his hand was impaled through his palm, which is hard to believe but hey, its pete.

Yes we know all of that. No need to show off. My point was that perhaps the story about him impaling his palm on the whammy-bar developed from the publication of that picture, which highlighted the fact that windmilling does a lot of damage to your hand.

And the fact that it was through his palm doesn't make a difference, in any case, as it would still be bleeding all over the place.

No hard feelings, but was there any point to that post other than to try to show me up? :rolleyes:

:peace:

EDIT: I just saw that link that was posted earlier where Pete confirms the story. My bad. :o

crazynickman
06-22-2006, 12:03 AM
no i was just expressing my extensive knowledge about the ramifications of saponification in futile oh no i used too many big words and lost my train of thought.

crazynickman
06-22-2006, 12:04 AM
EDIT: I just saw that link that was posted earlier where Pete confirms the story. My bad. :o
hahahahaha i win

will_s
06-22-2006, 12:57 AM
I dont think so; it would be widely known if that happened and I can tell you, as a fellow Windmiller of Townshend's (yeah thats right i windmill everyday :D) who plays a Strat, it appears almost impossible to do that, given the looseness of a whammy and the fact that you normally hit the strings nearer the bridge when you windmill, but i guess that depends also on how low your guitar is.
***Do not attempt windmilling without practice first***

how do you practice that windmill thing anyway, i just couldn't get it right (only tried it once) it looks so damn cool

crazynickman
06-22-2006, 01:02 AM
how do you practice that windmill thing anyway, i just couldn't get it right (only tried it once) it looks so damn cool
*beams with pride* yea, tis kinda tough but ive got i mastered to the point where ic an go as fast as pete in Young Man Blues on live at the isle of wight dvd--
back in my youth, i used my who movies to slowly learn the path and speed that pete msot often frequents...i windmill all the time

and remember kids, its a reverse strum, if your a righty, you go clockwise from your point of view.
I did it at my only show and everyone was liek "wtf? oh wait thats cool- YAAAYYY!!!"

DoTheEvolution
06-22-2006, 01:10 AM
I can windmill at the speed of the guitar part in Baba O'Riley

It's fun. I mes my hand up a lot though. I have a cut on my hand right now from it.

rocknroll blues
06-22-2006, 03:08 AM
*beams with pride* yea, tis kinda tough but ive got i mastered to the point where ic an go as fast as pete in Young Man Blues on live at the isle of wight dvd

I resent you. ;)

How long did it take you to get that fast?

NineInchNails_0
06-22-2006, 03:20 AM

You like King Crimson?

Anyways, I love The Who. I have a couple of albums (4 I think) and their best songs are definitely Won't Get Fooled Again and Who Are You.

will_s
06-22-2006, 05:54 AM
I tried to find their albums, but they're pretty hard to find around here, only the best of albums are sold

DieN
06-22-2006, 09:44 AM
Amazon is your friend ;)

crazynickman
06-22-2006, 11:28 AM
I resent you. ;)

How long did it take you to get that fast?
like a week. Its not hard but if you're not accurate you hit your hand on the strings, or you miss the strings and then when you try to get closer you get too close and smack your hand on the bottom of the guitar near the input. :( it kinda hurts alot.
However, I dont do that a lot cause like i said Im a pro :rolleyes: but it's really fun to do along with jumping around liek Pete. The only downside to goin that fast is all the blood rushes to your fingers and it kinda numbs them. Now i only need to smash my guitar and the metamorphosis will be complete....

me_and_my_esp
06-22-2006, 12:05 PM
Oh and just another fun little tid bit I'd like to throw in there, my birthday is on the same day as Pete Townshends. Coincidence? I don't think so.

i have that same birthday...

5-19

:eek:

(Brandon Inge - favorite Tiger - has the same b-day :p: )

will_s
06-22-2006, 12:06 PM
Now i only need to smash my guitar and the metamorphosis will be complete....

don't forget the British accent and a large nose :D

crazynickman
06-22-2006, 12:08 PM
don't forget the British accent and a large nose :D
I dont have that Pete schnozz but i have a semi-protruding italian honker, so thats alright...and im something of an anglophile, what with all the best rock bands being british and monty python :headbang: so I can do a varity of British accents purty good:
yorkshire "tyke", scouse, pete-ish etc. :D
im such a nerd....

me_and_my_esp
06-22-2006, 12:10 PM
aye to that last statement

lol

crazynickman
06-22-2006, 01:12 PM
aye to what? that im a nerd? I dont play video games i swear!!!!

well once in a while but who doesnt?

what are you???

me_and_my_esp
06-22-2006, 01:16 PM
what am I?

crazynickman
06-22-2006, 01:16 PM
Dane Cook routine. Skip it.... :(

me_and_my_esp
06-22-2006, 01:20 PM
O. lol i've seen almost all the Dane Cook DVD's but i must have missed it.

crazynickman
06-22-2006, 01:26 PM
The smelly markers one-
"The black one always smelled like a bag of asses
*sniff* What is that?
*sniff* Thats a bag of asses!
*sniff*I'm keepign this one guys.
*sniff* i just saw jesus eyes!
*sniff*This marker has shown me jesus eyes!
And even tho it smelled like a bag of asses and you just saw jesus eyes, there was always that kid that would follow you around: 'lemme smell it i didnt-ugghhh!!! lemmee just ughhh!!!'
And then he aggravated you to the point where you said 'fine here' adn when he leaned in you went 'AAAARHHHH!!'
'Nice face *sniff*
I'm gonna go puke blood. What are you? WHAT ARE YOU?????'"

and thats my Dane Cook moment

me_and_my_esp
06-22-2006, 01:27 PM
:haha man i love Dane Cook.

ANYWAYS

hmm

THe Who - Live at Leeds. what do you guys think of it? (just trying not to get reported lol)

TimmyPage06
06-22-2006, 01:29 PM
I learnt so much to add to my rhythm playing. Townshend is amazing..

crazynickman
06-22-2006, 01:29 PM
:haha ya know, you ruined my Live at Leeds 2 thread with your balls fixation. Just so you know.

And yeah, Live At Leeds kicks ass. i want to get the Deluxe. I only have the very original CD from like 1985 with only 6 songs :haha so ghetto.

I learnt so much to add to my rhythm playing. Townshend is amazing..

me too. He had to do rhytmn when Keith or John took the lead in concert, whcih is the exact opposite of any other band. I'm gonna miss those crazy bass fills and nonsensical drums..

me_and_my_esp
06-22-2006, 01:34 PM
:haha very ghetto. i have to deluxe on my pc if you want it i could send it via AIM

and yeah, i do that to threads. Derig usually starts the ruination (word?), but this time it was me. my head is def. in the gutter

crazynickman
06-22-2006, 01:39 PM
:hah yes he does. Last night i ruined like 3 thread with blawler's help...he's kinda new but wise beyond his years (he's probably like 50 and i dont know it.)

And this may sound lame but since its the Who I'd rather pay for the CD :haha :( i knwo, it sounds so lame, but I like havin the case and contributing to them and all. Even though I've already downloaded Heaven And Hell, I Cant Explain, adn A Quick One, all from Leeds and put it on my mp3 (my sony bean).

me_and_my_esp
06-22-2006, 01:45 PM
o, i dont blame you. I refuse to accept any Who that can be bought on CD. i like the little books inside.. good info and pics in there.

crazynickman
06-22-2006, 01:46 PM
Thank you.
(man, my head hurts from goin backa nd forth between this and the other thread :haha i keep losin track of which is which)

me_and_my_esp
06-22-2006, 01:56 PM
i cant keep track... its so confusing!

hold me!

crazynickman
06-22-2006, 02:18 PM
;)
so yeah, ill check out that video when your myspace stops loading, so much stuff! :D

me_and_my_esp
06-22-2006, 02:21 PM
i know i've got like 40 videos, the layout (RED WINGS YEAH!), and the music (great local artist with muscualar distrophy. pretty good guitarist)

when you see the video.. have another pair of undies ready and waiting

crazynickman
06-22-2006, 02:21 PM
I always do when the name John Entwistle is said.

bluesbreaker59
06-22-2006, 03:55 PM
a little change in subject but i think the most underrated song the who ever did was a quick one while he's away...i love this song. just wondering if i was the only one.

crazynickman
06-22-2006, 03:56 PM
yes, its so powerful live, a bit soft in the studio version but nothing beats the Rock n Roll Circus version from TKAA. I love it. If it were shorter it'd be a radio staple.

bluesbreaker59
06-22-2006, 03:58 PM
another great version is off the rushmore soundtrack...i just can't seem to find it anywhere else. i accidentaly bought the mono version on iTunes and it pretty much sucks!

crazynickman
06-22-2006, 04:09 PM
I think the rushmore version is the one from rock n roll circus, but i dont know..
still a killer track, live anyway.

bluesbreaker59
06-22-2006, 04:13 PM
yeah it's a little different from the rock'n'roll circus version but they are very similar

crazynickman
06-22-2006, 04:15 PM
oh- maybe its live at leeds. Thats a great version too, much more banter and stuff.

bluesbreaker59
06-22-2006, 04:17 PM
yeah but its weird because it sounds like it's studio until the very very end when people start clapping. it didn't sound like it was live until that moment...but what do i know, you're probably right crazynickman

crazynickman
06-22-2006, 04:19 PM
:D thank you, but i dont know which it is really...

bluesbreaker59
06-22-2006, 04:23 PM
another change in subject--do you know odorono from the sell out album? that might be my favorite song on the whole album.

crazynickman
06-22-2006, 04:26 PM
I never got Sell out but ill download ordorono right now...the only song i kno from it is I Can See For Miles..

bluesbreaker59
06-22-2006, 04:28 PM
the song is funny. i would suggest getting the whole album because it flows so good together. i never heard radio london in the 60's but i'm guessing this is what it sounds like

crazynickman
06-22-2006, 04:33 PM
It was apparently a pirate station, like they illegally transmitted signals to areas not in their jurisdiction.

bluesbreaker59
06-22-2006, 04:38 PM
a good concept album, making it sound like radio though.

crazynickman
06-22-2006, 04:39 PM
:haha Ordoronon rocks, its hilarious

me_and_my_esp
06-22-2006, 05:08 PM
ah... The Who Sells Out...

there are some memories behind that album :p:

crazynickman
06-22-2006, 05:09 PM
...like...?

me_and_my_esp
06-22-2006, 05:15 PM
well,

you know how it goes

crazynickman
06-22-2006, 05:15 PM
oh yeah

that

:confused:

me_and_my_esp
06-22-2006, 05:17 PM
lol. I'll leave it at fond memories.

crazynickman
06-22-2006, 05:18 PM
ok...

and i unfortunately cant get youtube for some odd reason...i'll ask my sister to help shes the computer wiz...kinda...

me_and_my_esp
06-22-2006, 05:25 PM
ah! god does NOT want you to see this video!

crazynickman
06-22-2006, 05:29 PM
rrrrghhh!!! :livid: damn you god!
wait...is that possible?
"I damn myself..oh ****"

Iruleeverything
06-22-2006, 11:33 PM
what is this, esp posting in a who thread, unheard of!!! :wtf: :wtf:

will_s
06-23-2006, 09:33 AM
does anyone have an idea about wich songs or setlists the who plays now??

DieN
06-23-2006, 12:55 PM
Yes.^^ On Petes Homepage there are daily news and updates

Leeds:http://www.petetownshend.co.uk/diary/display.cfm?id=315&zone=pr
Set-list:
Who Are You
Can't Explain
The Seeker
Substitute
-----
Wire & Glass
Sound Around
Pick Up The Peace
Endless Wire
We've Got A Hit
They Made My Dreams Come True
Mirror Door <---Are those new ones? I think they belong to the mini-opera.
------
Baba O'Riley
Let's See Action
Relay
Behind Blue Eyes
Mike Post Theme
Pinball Wizard
Amazing Journey
See Me
Listening To You

Encores:

Eminence Front
Naked Eye
Won't Get Fooled Again

Brighton:http://www.petetownshend.co.uk/diary/display.cfm?id=317&zone=pr
Set-list:

Who Are You
Can't Explain
The Seeker
Anyway, Anyhow
--------
Wire & Glass
Sound Around
Pick up the Peace
Endless Wire
We've Got a Hit
They Made My Dreams Come True
Mirror Door
---------
Baba O?riley
Drowned
Behind Blue Eyes
Relay
Mike Post
Cry if You Want
Pinball Wizard
Amazing Journey
See Me, Feel Me
Listening to You

Encore:

Substitute
The Kids Are Alright
Won't Get Fooled Again

Some photos (all from petetownshend.com):
http://www.petetownshend.co.uk/media/petebrightonrh2.jpg
http://www.petetownshend.co.uk/media/petebrightonrh1.jpg
http://www.petetownshend.co.uk/media/peteside.jpg
http://www.petetownshend.co.uk/media/leedsreview10.jpg

will_s
06-23-2006, 01:02 PM
i see they're not playing my generation anymore, they're probably tired of it

greenbottlecap
06-23-2006, 01:17 PM
yeah, because they probably wrote that song intending on being dead by now. therefore, "i hope i die before i get old." well, now theyre old and not dead. the song no longer applies. but even though they are old now, they are still awesome.

crazynickman
06-23-2006, 02:13 PM
what is this, esp posting in a who thread, unheard of!!! :wtf: :wtf:
teh gasp :wtf:

me_and_my_esp
06-23-2006, 04:57 PM
I know, its a sign of the apocolypse.

the four horsemen are nigh.

but AHH!!! that set list is kick ASS

My fav. song is The Seeker, I ADORE Relay, and Tommy. cmon. CLASSIC!

i do wish there was more Quadrophenia though. that is, by FAAAR, my fav album ever.

will_s
06-23-2006, 05:40 PM
more tommy = better

that whole album is amazing from the first note to the last. i have the dvd of the who live at the isle of wight 1970 and they play a big part of tommy. it's one of the best live parts of the who.

DieN
06-23-2006, 06:39 PM
Especially the tommy parts from Woodstock (on the kids are alright)! The Isle of Wight Concert was weak compared to that.

DieN
06-23-2006, 07:07 PM
Here Pete sings one segment of the mini opera:
"Pick up the peace" (http://youtube.com/watch?v=u4YsMscD4JI&search=the%20who)
I also heard parts of "Mirror Door" on Towser TV (stream on petetownshend.com). Nice. :)
edit: ooops. double-post...

BassNewbie
06-23-2006, 08:12 PM
the stones had a few catchy hits

but the who had whole albumbs of classics

me_and_my_esp
06-23-2006, 08:24 PM
ok? lol

well, for my taste, Quadrophenia >>>>>> TOMMY

With Quad, the message is clear, to-the-point, and applies to.. pretty much all eras. just change the groups and music i guess. It deals with more every-day situations than Tommy, and, for me, I like lyrics and music that I can say "Hey, I know whatcha mean!" The studio music IMO, is much better becuase my taste is heavier and requires lots of different themes. Tommy has sorta out there concepts that I cant just say "Hey, I get that" and the studio music - however genius it might be - is a little.. dare i say, weak? Quad kicks you in the ass for studio.

As far as live, Tommy takes it. Quad, with all the affects and horns and synths and diff noises, everything has to be PERFECT in order to pull it off just right. The WHO stopped performing it because of the tape failures, and the over all trickyness of pulling it off. Live, Tommy's music is much heavier and more in your face, so it appeals more to me.

so thats my opinion of TOMMY and Quadrophenia.

in the end, though, Quad trumps. just.. trumps.

DieN
06-23-2006, 08:50 PM
My favourite Who studio albums are

Sell Out
Tommy
Who's Next
Quadrophenia
Who By Numbers (so underrated)

I can't really rank them...but if I tried it would look like this (at the moment!):

1.Tommy
2.Who's Next
3.The Who By Numbers
4.The Who Sell Out
5.Quadrophenia

They all deserve the "first place" and a special place in any music fan's collection.

crazynickman
06-23-2006, 09:52 PM
ok? lol

well, for my taste, Quadrophenia >>>>>> TOMMY

With Quad, the message is clear, to-the-point, and applies to.. pretty much all eras. just change the groups and music i guess. It deals with more every-day situations than Tommy, and, for me, I like lyrics and music that I can say "Hey, I know whatcha mean!" The studio music IMO, is much better becuase my taste is heavier and requires lots of different themes. Tommy has sorta out there concepts that I cant just say "Hey, I get that" and the studio music - however genius it might be - is a little.. dare i say, weak? Quad kicks you in the ass for studio.

As far as live, Tommy takes it. Quad, with all the affects and horns and synths and diff noises, everything has to be PERFECT in order to pull it off just right. The WHO stopped performing it because of the tape failures, and the over all trickyness of pulling it off. Live, Tommy's music is much heavier and more in your face, so it appeals more to me.

so thats my opinion of TOMMY and Quadrophenia.

in the end, though, Quad trumps. just.. trumps.

I like Tommy better than Quad becuase even tho the message is less accessible than Quads, the idea of reaching nirvan thru the abandonment of wordly perceptions- whoa. But Tommy suffers a bit, because Pete wasnt yet comfortable with the Opera concept, so some ssogns are unessecary plot-wise but ahve good music while others serve the story but are....not so great. case in point- 1921 is very important to the story but its clumsily written, and Sparks and Underture have no words at all but are still unbelieveably awesome that i dotn even care. :D
and yes, Tommy pwns Quad live. IMO See Me Feel Me at Woodstock is the greatest song ever performed live. By the time of Isle of Wight it became this big singalong showtune and lost that solitary purity it had at Woodstock. Not that band-audience interaction is bad- for the Who its paramount- but its just one of those songs where you shut up and gawk at the stage for five minutes.

(this is the fourth time i wrote this because of my stupid computer so some one better agree with me :peace: )

will_s
06-24-2006, 03:21 AM
Here Pete sings one segment of the mini opera:
"Pick up the peace" (http://youtube.com/watch?v=u4YsMscD4JI&search=the%20who)
I also heard parts of "Mirror Door" on Towser TV (stream on petetownshend.com). Nice. :)
edit: ooops. double-post...

that made me laugh, that woman on the left is sitting there like she doesn't care at all and the one in the middle is going in flashback to woodstock :haha

will_s
06-24-2006, 03:30 AM
and Sparks and Underture have no words at all but are still unbelieveably awesome that i dotn even care. :D

those songs don't need lyrics, the instrumental parts of the album make it better and more easy to get carried away by it.
the glorious moment in overture when the organ falls in is really great imo, but it is true that the message of tommy is less clear if you have heard it just a few times.

sorry for the double post

FaceTheBass
06-24-2006, 12:48 PM
Uumm, Quad has intrumental pieces in it, too, like The Rock.

me_and_my_esp
06-24-2006, 01:52 PM
and the song Quadrophenia.

which i think is brilliant.

i like how the song evolves in itself... the Synth is powerful and the effects are perfect. the theme (riff and music wise) changes throughout the album, but the one in Quad (the song), i think is the most powerful.

you know the dooo doo do do dooo doo do do doooo doo do do doooo doo do do

its kinda hard to do that but maybe you'll get it? :confused:

crazynickman
06-25-2006, 03:23 PM
the glorious moment in overture when the organ falls in
amen, that part sounds so...etheral to me, like a church organ, it really lets you know this is a story that transcends perceptions and "reality"...oh god I'm getting too deep here...
:wtf: dizzy

will_s
06-25-2006, 04:27 PM
amen, that part sounds so...etheral to me, like a church organ, it really lets you know this is a story that transcends perceptions and "reality"

exactly, that's what i mean, like you've read my mind.

i think it's probably a hammond organ with its vibrato made by revolving leslie speakers. (my dad is an organ lover, he talks a lot about it :D )

crazynickman
06-25-2006, 04:33 PM
exactly, that's what i mean, like you've read my mind.

i think it's probably a hammond organ with its vibrato made by revolving leslie speakers. (my dad is an organ lover, he talks a lot about it :D )
I've heard that that is the ideal combo, a Hammond run through a Leslie, but it don't sound like that to me...The bridge on "Badge" by Cream is played on a Leslie amp and thats what I think of, but i could be wrong.

will_s
06-25-2006, 04:39 PM
i'm not sure either, but my dad is always enthousiastic about his hammond organ and that part always makes me think of that kind of organ vibrato.

if you want to know what it sounds like you should listen to some santana songs, they always use a hammond with that kind of vibrato.

crazynickman
06-25-2006, 04:41 PM
I never even realized that, but now that I think about it, Santana does use organs a lot.
I know what sound you mean now.

me_and_my_esp
06-26-2006, 12:24 PM
SO

apparently, they (by they i mean the record company) are re-releasing Two Sides of the Moon. Its the 1975 solo album from Keith Moon

thoughts??

crazynickman
06-26-2006, 04:59 PM
COOOOOL^

Unfortunately he sings on it and doesn't play drums on the whole thing so...I don't know if it's any good, I've never heard it, I just know that from Wikipedia...I'm a loozer.

will_s
06-26-2006, 05:41 PM
that must be one crazy album...

distilledspirit
06-26-2006, 06:08 PM
Imo, Keith Moon is overrated as a drummer but he is still awesome. He really mad ethe Who's shows. I always saw his as a live drummer rather than an album drummer.

Stula1031
06-26-2006, 06:23 PM
I like Tommy better than Quad becuase even tho the message is less accessible than Quads, the idea of reaching nirvan thru the abandonment of wordly perceptions- whoa. But Tommy suffers a bit, because Pete wasnt yet comfortable with the Opera concept, so some ssogns are unessecary plot-wise but ahve good music while others serve the story but are....not so great. case in point- 1921 is very important to the story but its clumsily written, and Sparks and Underture have no words at all but are still unbelieveably awesome that i dotn even care. :D
and yes, Tommy pwns Quad live. IMO See Me Feel Me at Woodstock is the greatest song ever performed live. By the time of Isle of Wight it became this big singalong showtune and lost that solitary purity it had at Woodstock. Not that band-audience interaction is bad- for the Who its paramount- but its just one of those songs where you shut up and gawk at the stage for five minutes.

(this is the fourth time i wrote this because of my stupid computer so some one better agree with me :peace: )

:cheers:

bluesbreaker59
06-26-2006, 06:44 PM
Imo, Keith Moon is overrated as a drummer but he is still awesome. He really mad ethe Who's shows. I always saw his as a live drummer rather than an album drummer.

he's awesome but not overrated. best drummer by far the world has ever seen. live he was obviously better, just like the rest of the band, but his studio work was great.

me_and_my_esp
06-26-2006, 09:34 PM

meh, I dont think he's overrated. great, yes. overrated, i dont think so. And it was the whole band - besides John Entwistle - who made the shows (as far as power and energy goes). Pete and Roger were up front and standing the whole time, so they had more stage presence than Keith behind a drum kit.sure, he blew up the drums, but on the other hand, Pete destroyed his guitar. Lets not forget why Keith started blowing his kit. He did it cause of Pete. His antcs were great, but didnt overshadow the rest of the on-stage antics to the point of making a show.

bluesbreaker59
06-26-2006, 09:42 PM
^^ Entwistle was probably the most boring person on stage ever but his bass playing was spectacular which more than made up for it.

rayIII
06-26-2006, 09:53 PM
what bluesbreaker59 said

jagaruga
06-27-2006, 01:56 AM
nice to see a lot of "THe Who" fans here. I love the band. I believe that they're the greatest rock n roll band ever. Tommy is the best album for me. Cheers!!!

will_s
06-27-2006, 05:45 AM
just for driving his rolls royce into the pool keith should be the greatest ever :haha

TheHeartbreaker
06-27-2006, 10:21 AM
^^I think the fact that Keith took hosre tranquilizers before a show passed out in the middle of their gig is pretty ****ing hardcore.

bluesbreaker59
06-27-2006, 11:10 AM
gluing and nailing all the furniture on the ceiling the exact same way it was on the floor at a hotel was pretty funny too

me_and_my_esp
06-28-2006, 11:39 AM
what about driving cars up to the hotel desks? cant forget that now, can we

crazynickman
06-28-2006, 05:26 PM
YAAAY The forums are working!!!

^^I think the fact that Keith took hosre tranquilizers before a show passed out in the middle of their gig is pretty ****ing hardcore.
Pretty stupid, but pretty hardcore :rolleyes: I heard he was spiked though. Did you see the video of when he passed out from that? Some 17 year old kid from Detriot i think took his place for the rest of the set! :haha The Who gave new meaning to the term band-audience interaction.

And my thoughts on Keith: i dont think he was overrated because everyone knew he couldn't play "real" but he was better than most drummers who ever leanred the "real" way. I like how he rode the crash instead of using a hi-hat like everyone else (except on a few tracks like "Who Are You"); it gave a nice "white noise" touch, a little disuption in the back. Plus his antics like throwing the sticks and catching them

One of my favorite aspects of the Who live was their banter and joking around, like on "Live at the Isle of Wight" -"you travel halfway around the world and come back to a load of foreigners...theyre always causing trouble" :haha

bluesbreaker59
06-28-2006, 09:08 PM
^^good ol' keith

me_and_my_esp
06-29-2006, 03:14 PM
ahh Keith. Keith Keith Kieth.

Ironicly, the very things he loved doing and we loved him doin killed him eventually :(

will_s
06-29-2006, 06:04 PM
gluing and nailing all the furniture on the ceiling the exact same way it was on the floor at a hotel was pretty funny too

how in the world can you pull something like that off???? you must be enormously crazy or stoned... ( i'm guessing both )

bluesbreaker59
06-29-2006, 09:08 PM
lol there were times in New York they couldn't find a hotel because nobody would let them in. the TKAA soundtrack photo in '68 was taken in New York at Grant's Tomb after being kicked out the night before at the hotel. good stuff.

rayIII
06-29-2006, 09:27 PM
what was this I hear about him dressing up as the queen of England?? :haha

bluesbreaker59
06-29-2006, 10:38 PM
^haven't heard about that but i wouldn't doubt it we could go on for days about keith's crazy antics, which i rather enjoy

TheHeartbreaker
06-30-2006, 11:04 AM
Any of you guys have The Kids Are Alright CD?

On the first song, My Generation, they have an interview with the band, and it's pretty funny.

The best thing about it is that they're on a television show doing the set, and at the end of the song they blow all of their equipment up.

From what I read in the pamphlet of the CD, the explosion caused the station to be knocked out for about ten seconds, and Pete's hair got scorched.

The band as a whole are total goons. :haha

bluesbreaker59
06-30-2006, 12:49 PM
^^yes i've seen the video of that, which i recently learned was the smother brothers comedy hour. i like it when pete takes the hosts guitar and smashes it after he's deaf and on fire. lol thats great.

me_and_my_esp
06-30-2006, 02:10 PM
Ha Keith in a dress... good stuff. I have some pics of him in a dress put i dont feel like putting them up

BTW bluesbreaker59 - sorry my inbox was full, but im guessing, from the looks of your sig, that you wanna join to club

well consider yourself in

bluesbreaker59
06-30-2006, 02:44 PM
^yes, thanks eternally.

me_and_my_esp
06-30-2006, 05:59 PM
hahaha nice sig

who thinks its the coooolest fan club ever?? I DO! lol

SO

what era is your fav for The Who?

1964-1969
1970-1975
1976-1980 or
1981 +

MY fav's a tossup between 1964/65 and early seventies

Schizoid_Man
06-30-2006, 08:21 PM
I have Whos Next and Tommy and i am wondering what album to get next.

should i get Quadrophenia?

JimmyPageda2nd
06-30-2006, 09:02 PM
hahaha nice sig

who thinks its the coooolest fan club ever?? I DO! lol

SO

what era is your fav for The Who?

1964-1969
1970-1975
1976-1980 or
1981 +

MY fav's a tossup between 1964/65 and early seventies

70-75 definitely, those were the years they really broke their shell and started playing rock n roll.

bluesbreaker59
06-30-2006, 10:03 PM
^anywhere from 64-75 probably. their early stuff was great, anyway, anyhow, anywhere, i can't explain, as well as some of the later stuff until faces dances and its hard. emminence front and you better you bet was the best thing that came out of those two combined...unfortunatley.

thanks me_and_my_esp lol

schizoid_man, i would get live at leeds or the who sings my generation. if you feel brave, get the who sell out. i would wait for quadrophenia, just because it's not my personal favorite. but you can choose which one you want.

another question i had was why did the who play a different version of eyesite to the blind (the hawker) after the early shows? they played the one from the movie, which isn't bad, but the original from tommy is better. anybody know??

private
06-30-2006, 11:29 PM
Any of you guys have The Kids Are Alright CD?

On the first song, My Generation, they have an interview with the band, and it's pretty funny.

The best thing about it is that they're on a television show doing the set, and at the end of the song they blow all of their equipment up.

From what I read in the pamphlet of the CD, the explosion caused the station to be knocked out for about ten seconds, and Pete's hair got scorched.

The band as a whole are total goons. :haha

I'm listening to that right now.

will_s
07-01-2006, 06:37 AM
just to make you all jealous: I SAW THE WHO LIVE YESTERDAY!!!!!!

they were amazing, best show i've ever seen. and the band sounds really good.
here are most of the songs they played to give you an idea of the show (they're not all in correct order):

i can't explain, the seeker, anyway anyhow anywhere, the kids are alright, bargain, my generation, baba 'o riley, behind blue eyes, who are you, won't get fooled again, love reign o'er me, and a qaudrophenia song i can't put a title on...
as encores they played substitute and then pinball wizard, from there they went into amazing journey and sparks (with a small part of the overture blended in it) and finally see me, feel me/ listening to you

pete had some equipment problems during baba 'o riley, so he wasn't able to play the whole song with the band, after the song he apologized and said: "my equipment, as well as my body is getting a bit creeky" and played a big solo to make up for it.

i am a very happy man now...

bluesbreaker59
07-01-2006, 09:04 AM
^ :eek:
Europeans...they get all the concerts

rayIII
07-01-2006, 09:10 AM
just to make you all jealous: I SAW THE WHO LIVE YESTERDAY!!!!!!

they were amazing, best show i've ever seen. and the band sounds really good.
here are most of the songs they played to give you an idea of the show (they're not all in correct order):

i can't explain, the seeker, anyway anyhow anywhere, the kids are alright, bargain, my generation, baba 'o riley, behind blue eyes, who are you, won't get fooled again, love reign o'er me, and a qaudrophenia song i can't put a title on...
as encores they played substitute and then pinball wizard, from there they went into amazing journey and sparks (with a small part of the overture blended in it) and finally see me, feel me/ listening to you

pete had some equipment problems during baba 'o riley, so he wasn't able to play the whole song with the band, after the song he apologized and said: "my equipment, as well as my body is getting a bit creeky" and played a big solo to make up for it.

i am a very happy man now...
wow.... dude....

it's impossible to put into words the jealousy I have for you right now.

did they have a violin at the end of baba o'reilly or did roger just play a harmonica (my friend said he saw a vid of them doin that), or was this part of the equipment problem?

will_s
07-01-2006, 09:20 AM
roger played the harmonica, they played the entire song but pete's guitar was busted or something so he didn't play along. he was really pissed about it :D but those things happen

bluesbreaker59
07-01-2006, 10:24 AM
how close where you to the stage? if pete was only an inch tall then my jealousy might fade a little bit.

distilledspirit
07-01-2006, 11:32 AM
I believe just being at a Who concert, no matter hwere you are is a gift, but 1 inch?? That's tough.

bluesbreaker59
07-01-2006, 12:25 PM
^^i agree, just being there would be great. but when lynyrd skynyrd came a couple of years ago and 80 thousand people came to the free show, being in the back sucked because van zant and rossington where about one inch and you couldn't really hear anything anyway.

will_s
07-01-2006, 06:49 PM
how close where you to the stage? if pete was only an inch tall then my jealousy might fade a little bit.

you'll wish you've had never asked, but i was on the third row in the crowd on pete's side of the stage :D
it was pretty easy getting to the front since they played a 4-day rock festival and most of the young kids who don't know them left the front area for the real fans.

i also have a question for the guitar playing who fans:
does anyone have a clue about the type of pickups pete uses in those strats, or what pedal he uses? i ask because normally i'm not a stratocaster fan but he could really make them sound great, more like a gibson.

me_and_my_esp
07-01-2006, 08:16 PM
WAL:KJW:OKJZL:XDGKVJ:OKJZ:SLK;LASKDGJAL;SKDJ FQIO;AWEFVJ RGV;PIKj;S,MLZD

FDLASKDFJL;AKSD; LA,KVJ;AGL SDFJVASFO;IUJ3WEDZIFCJ VL:ASDJFL;AKJ SDL;FJL;ADRJPFOWIEJRFJNZCVH IO;HJFGVKLASDFJL;JAV AL;SDJFO;AWUEROPIKJL;KJFV ;OASKJ L;AK

aaaawwwww fuuuuck you

will_s
07-02-2006, 03:47 AM
WAL:KJW:OKJZL:XDGKVJ:OKJZ:SLK;LASKDGJAL;SKDJ FQIO;AWEFVJ RGV;PIKj;S,MLZD

FDLASKDFJL;AKSD; LA,KVJ;AGL SDFJVASFO;IUJ3WEDZIFCJ VL:ASDJFL;AKJ SDL;FJL;ADRJPFOWIEJRFJNZCVH IO;HJFGVKLASDFJL;JAV AL;SDJFO;AWUEROPIKJL;KJFV ;OASKJ L;AK

aaaawwwww fuuuuck you

i thought i would get the whole list of angry smilies like the lucky guy who went to leeds, but this works too :haha

did you know they recorded every show and you can order the bootleg cd or dvd from the show you've been to?

me_and_my_esp
07-02-2006, 11:14 AM
yeah, i know, but to see it LIVE? like... RIGHT THERE?? like... 3RD ROW???

Pineapple17
07-02-2006, 12:08 PM
Damn, i was there too
indeed, they put up one hell of a show.
Pete was the rockin our heads off

me_and_my_esp
07-02-2006, 06:04 PM
WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME

i want to live in jolly ol' England (sorry for stereotyping lol)

skydogzoso1986
07-03-2006, 08:43 AM
oh my god, i just saw the who 2 days ago on the rock werchter festival in belgium. what a bunch of guys and what a show! i thought i was back in the 60's. ringo's son did a very good job too, as did the bass player. but daltrey and townshend gave just everything they had to give and didn't disappoint nobody. they had an excellent setlist with a great variety of hits. these guys are amazing, i'm glad i had the chance to see them!

will_s
07-03-2006, 11:14 AM
the setlist was indeed very good; here's the complete list of songs in the right order:

·Can't Explain
·Seeker
·Anyway anyhow
·Who are you
·Bargain
·Behind Blue Eyes
·Good looking Boy
·I'm one (Pete Solo)
·Mike Post (a new song)
·Baba O'Riley
·Love reign o'er me
·Kids are allright
·My generation
·Won't get fooled again
·------------------------------
·Substitute
·Pinball Wizzard
·Amazing Journey / Sparks
·See me, Feel me
·Listening to you

me_and_my_esp
07-03-2006, 11:55 AM
Ahhh the Seeker is the best song EVER

EVER

EVER

EVER

EVER

EVER

EVER

I'd love to hear Amazing Journey/Sparks live... that'd be an orgasmic experience

whatamidoinhere
07-03-2006, 04:43 PM
The Who are live on ITV4 later for anyone who gets that channel. The kids are alright film is on now...tis good

me_and_my_esp
07-03-2006, 05:04 PM
nope... dont get that either.

why does ITV4 (assuming its british) hate America. in particular me.

crazynickman
07-03-2006, 07:10 PM
AHHH **** I leave for a few days and all of a sudden people come back telling me they saw the Who !!! GAAHH!!! ::shakes fist::
goddamn you :peace:
well, at least now they're showing some shows for FREE, I'm watching Hyde Park now
(you know I was there 6 years ago.... BAAAD timing...)

and to an earlier inquiry, my favorite era of the Who's was about 69-71, maybe a little earlier and later too.. 64-75. But every year was a good one for them (except 1978 and 2002 but...)

me_and_my_esp
07-03-2006, 08:11 PM
lmao its really hard to tell who Animal is modelled after in this video... lol

Animal/Kermit the frog interview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNgvNzeFpB0&search=Muppets%20-%20Animal)

crazynickman
07-03-2006, 08:31 PM
lmao its really hard to tell who Animal is modelled after in this video... lol

Animal/Kermit the frog interview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNgvNzeFpB0&search=Muppets%20-%20Animal)
i guess Keef because I cant get youtube ::shakes fist::

me_and_my_esp
07-03-2006, 08:43 PM
you cant get youtube? wow that really really sucks

crazynickman
07-03-2006, 08:49 PM
Yeah I dont know why...:sad:

by the way, Pino does an alright solo on My Generation, I give him a thumbs up and a cheers smiley :cheers:

me_and_my_esp
07-03-2006, 09:13 PM
Ah The Seeker is orgasmic in this performance

as is Anyway Anhow Anywhere

god, I love The WHO!

crazynickman
07-03-2006, 10:02 PM
Ah The Seeker is orgasmic in this performance

as is Anyway Anhow Anywhere

god, I love The WHO!
I agree, it is orgasmic. Like sex but better. ....so I've heard.
Is it hot in here? ::adjusts collar::

me_and_my_esp
07-03-2006, 10:07 PM
im pretty sure it's not as good as sex. if it is for you... well, good luck with girls who dont like the who :)

crazynickman
07-03-2006, 10:08 PM
im pretty sure it's not as good as sex. if it is for you... well, good luck with girls who dont like the who :)
man, I ain't tapping any girl who dont dig the Who, believe me :haha

me_and_my_esp
07-03-2006, 10:11 PM
ok, let me rephrase that.

good with girls you want to make it with :)

crazynickman
07-03-2006, 10:13 PM
ok, let me rephrase that.

good with girls you want to make it with :)
......I might have a problem in that case....:sad:
thats the second time in five minutes you've made me use the sad smiley, you Scorpion Woman!!!

me_and_my_esp
07-03-2006, 10:16 PM
lmao!

well, you think a girl screaming another man's name in bed is bad... what if you were a girl and your man was screaming

"OOOOH I ASKED BOBBY DYLAN!! OOO YEAAH!! I ASKED THE BEATLES!! UUH!! I ASKED TIMOTHY LEARY BUT HE COULDNT HELP ME EITHER!! YYYYEAH!"

I'd be a little weirded out, personally

crazynickman
07-03-2006, 10:21 PM
lmao!

well, you think a girl screaming another man's name in bed is bad... what if you were a girl and your man was screaming

"OOOOH I ASKED BOBBY DYLAN!! OOO YEAAH!! I ASKED THE BEATLES!! UUH!! I ASKED TIMOTHY LEARY BUT HE COULDNT HELP ME EITHER!! YYYYEAH!"

I'd be a little weirded out, personally
look another diversion!

::runs in opposite direction::

but seriously what the hell?? ;)

me_and_my_esp
07-03-2006, 10:29 PM
well? think aboot it. I would probably grab my clothes and run.

OK CONVO OVER

new topic that doesnt have to do with sex (though we'll get back there again anyways)

I just watched WGFA on thewholive.tv. brilliant. this concert is great.. they can still belt it out like 30 year olds (well, not quite that young but you catch my drift).

crazynickman
07-03-2006, 10:30 PM
well? think aboot it. I would probably grab my clothes and run.

OK CONVO OVER

new topic that doesnt have to do with sex (though we'll get back there again anyways)

I just watched WGFA on thewholive.tv. brilliant. this concert is great.. they can still belt it out like 30 year olds (well, not quite that young but you catch my drift).
My timelimit ran out in the middle of My Gen :confused: i didnt even know there was a time limit.
God! Just like sex!......:)

me_and_my_esp
07-03-2006, 10:31 PM
:haha :haha :haha

there's a time limit? damn it. how long have you been watching? im on Pinball Wizard right now in the Encore

crazynickman
07-03-2006, 10:33 PM
:haha :haha :haha

there's a time limit? damn it. how long have you been watching? im on Pinball Wizard right now in the Encore
Oh I know! I paused and left the room for like 20 minutes. Damn :sad: I'll wacth tomorrow
Damn it! Tomorrow's the 4th of July! Curse you, 230th anniversary of freedom from Britain! ::shakes fist::
I think we need a shakes fist smiley. Who's with me??

And I really wanted to see Sparks man, its like a musical orgy. :D

me_and_my_esp
07-03-2006, 10:37 PM
i think we need a fist shaking smiley. :peace: does it, but ends with Victory *NOT PEACE YOU DAMN HIPPIES HAD TO CHANGE IT*

btw... im listening to sparks right now... wow. eargasm. honestly. i could seriously pass out right now, but my pc screen is preventing me from doin so.

crazynickman
07-03-2006, 10:46 PM
i think we need a fist shaking smiley. :peace: does it, but ends with Victory *NOT PEACE YOU DAMN HIPPIES HAD TO CHANGE IT*

btw... im listening to sparks right now... wow. eargasm. honestly. i could seriously pass out right now, but my pc screen is preventing me from doin so.
:haha I just imagine some girl with a homemade Roger shirt and crazy long hair spazzing out right now at her computer, like all eargasmically...:haha
I would though too. I do every time I watch Sparks on TKAA, Pete's hand all bloody...I'm getting a stiffy just thinking about it :D

me_and_my_esp
07-03-2006, 10:49 PM
:haha lmao

well, i dont have crazy long hair. and i dont have the will power to make my own shirt. jeans and a Holly Bronchos hoodie for me.

yes, its spelled with an h

crazynickman
07-03-2006, 10:50 PM
:haha lmao

well, i dont have crazy long hair. and i dont have the will power to make my own shirt. jeans and a Holly Bronchos hoodie for me.

yes, its spelled with an h
Oh. Well I have no idea what a Holly Broncho is so...:D
And I'm sorry but crazy long hair is what I picture you having. Deal with it!!!! :peace:

me_and_my_esp
07-03-2006, 10:52 PM
It's my school

ski team, bitch!

go to my myspace it'll be a better visual... ish. i guess you could call it that

crazynickman
07-03-2006, 10:57 PM
It's my school

ski team, bitch!

go to my myspace it'll be a better visual... ish. i guess you could call it that
I don't have the link anymore
Unless its still in my PMs

me_and_my_esp
07-03-2006, 10:58 PM
its probably still in your PMs

crazynickman
07-03-2006, 10:59 PM
its probably still in your PMs
I should check. "Hang a bit" as they say

me_and_my_esp
07-03-2006, 11:02 PM
okie dokie pokie

btw, just finished that concert.

O

M

G

they have convinced me that they are just as good now as they were 30 years ago compared to other bands of the similar era. Zakk on drums... wow. he's better than his pappy :p: though Ringo still kicks ass.. you know that. during WGFA especially he was great. high regards for the bassist and Simon, too. they can really put a gig together.

crazynickman
07-03-2006, 11:09 PM
okie dokie pokie

btw, just finished that concert.

O

M

G

they have convinced me that they are just as good now as they were 30 years ago compared to other bands of the similar era. Zakk on drums... wow. he's better than his pappy :p: though Ringo still kicks ass.. you know that. during WGFA especially he was great. high regards for the bassist and Simon, too. they can really put a gig together.
Yes. Pino held down the fort for ol' Thunderfingers well enough, and Zack was chaotic enough, unlike SOME drummers *cough* his dad *end cough*
And I forgot abotu Simon :haha He was good at...that thing...he played :D

me_and_my_esp
07-03-2006, 11:11 PM
try guitar

lol

crazynickman
07-03-2006, 11:12 PM
I knwo I know.
Thats just my award-winning humor there
:o

me_and_my_esp
07-03-2006, 11:13 PM
lol no prob i forgot the bassist's name

crazynickman
07-03-2006, 11:15 PM
Pino Palladino. IMO he did real good on My Gen.

me_and_my_esp
07-03-2006, 11:24 PM
he did.

as did he in Sparks

no, wait, you didnt get to hear sparks!

crazynickman
07-03-2006, 11:27 PM
he did.

as did he in Sparks

no, wait, you didnt get to hear sparks!
grrr I'm livid!! :livid: <---see? livid.
But yeah i forgot, Sparks is tough bass-wise. During that whole "bow bow, bada-bow, bada-bow, dowowbowow" riff in the beginning, the bass is all "doodoo-doodeedoodeedoodoo doo-doo." Thats hard to do.

me_and_my_esp
07-03-2006, 11:34 PM
sadly, i know exactly what you're talking about

try it again, just dont pause it for so damn long!

crazynickman
07-03-2006, 11:38 PM
sadly, i know exactly what you're talking about

try it again, just dont pause it for so damn long!
Well its 11:30 here, so by the time its over it'll be late and I have a par-tay tomorrow. I'll do it on Wednesday
The 5th of July- "Not as fun, but a lot catchier!"

And I knew you would know what I meant. I was only half-kidding when I typed that.
Quick! Name that riff!
Bow- Bowow- Bow- Bowow
(I should put in the notes but that might be easier)
E-DD-A-EE
crap. :( it is easier......

will_s
07-04-2006, 12:12 PM
i can't explain

crazynickman
07-04-2006, 01:28 PM
i can't explain
bingo. :D

epiphonefanatic
07-04-2006, 01:29 PM
went to see the who on the 25th of june at the o2 festival !! absolutly awsome !!! want to go and see them again !! but there really gd!!!

crazynickman
07-04-2006, 01:32 PM
I dont like you!!! :mad: damn England and Belgium!! :peace:

will_s
07-04-2006, 03:02 PM
bingo. :D

well it's pretty easy if you give the chords :rolleyes:

Belgium rocks by the way, we had the who to prove it :D

crazynickman
07-04-2006, 11:28 PM
A Who concert WITHOUT a proper rendition of "Baba O'Reilly"? Sounds like the Who hates Belgium to me :peace:

will_s
07-05-2006, 04:41 AM
:haha pete said: gear problems what can you do about it, and then acted like he was going to smash his guitar. he didn't of course, since he had smashed his last guitar some time ago, but he was great at entertaining the crowd

Pineapple17
07-05-2006, 06:00 AM
Pete was still a real rocker, he really gave me the creeps.
I didn't know it was possible for a 61-year old to look so extremely tough

bluesbreaker59
07-05-2006, 04:06 PM
A Who concert WITHOUT a proper rendition of "Baba O'Reilly"? Sounds like the Who hates Belgium to me :peace:

lol agree. well when the who come to america all the europeans will be jealous of us.

waiting for them to come sucks. :mad:

crazynickman
07-05-2006, 04:59 PM
They won't be jealous because they would've all gone by then :mad:
this sucks, waiting. But I heard one new song from the Hyde Park concert called "Mike Post" and I really liked it; I think I'll be satsified with the **New Album** ::chorus of angels and fanfare, cheers::
Anyone else heard any new songs? I understand "Mirror Door" is being played in Jolly Ol' England (damn you).

me_and_my_esp
07-05-2006, 08:48 PM
grrr

fuuuck England

and crazynickman: you were right. Mike Post is really good. you said it was Who's Next-esh, right? yup. i liked it :D :D :D :D

Tenacious Me
07-05-2006, 09:05 PM
Could someone tell me the names of the back up players?drums and stuff

bluesbreaker59
07-05-2006, 09:43 PM
^bass is pino palladino and ringo's son is playing drums

i've never heard ringo's kid but pino palladino is great in the john mayer trio and from what i've heard on ug is that he's playing pretty good.

me_and_my_esp
07-05-2006, 10:09 PM
ringo's kid (Zakk) is... sorry to say a better drummer than Ringo! lol

he's really good

watch a show here (www.thewholive.tv) and see for yourself

bluesbreaker59
07-05-2006, 11:05 PM
^i can listen to it but the video is all choppy. it sounds really good though. any other sites that have videos??

distilledspirit
07-06-2006, 12:05 AM
I think Ringo is a tasteful drummer rather than a technical drummer, he gave the Beatles what they really needed. Same goes for Moon.

me_and_my_esp
07-06-2006, 12:08 PM
well, yes, Ringo is one of my favorite drummers.

#2 actually

but he's not a, like you said, technical drummer.

I'm just saying that Zakk is a better technical drummer