esp vs ltd

PDA

View Full Version : esp vs ltd

esp1988
06-16-2006, 03:27 AM
i own a ltd lynch sign series. the esp version of the same guitar is more than double the price of the ltd.so is it really worth buying an esp.it cant be that much better can it?

Striketalonx
06-16-2006, 03:35 AM
The specs are the same, the only real differnece is the esp is made in the custom shop... so you get that insane quality, but double the price? i think not

xxgenocide98xx
06-16-2006, 03:35 AM
Depends on if you want the ESP tag and if you want it hand-built by the custom shop luthiers in Japan.

There IS a difference in quality.

Striketalonx
06-16-2006, 03:38 AM
Depends on if you want the ESP tag and if you want it hand-built by the custom shop luthiers in Japan.

There IS a difference in quality.

Yes there is a difference, but its not like its going from a Plywood Squier to a Jackson RR1

its mroe subtle, like a gibson standard - custom..

but i don't think that justifies double the price

xxgenocide98xx
06-16-2006, 04:04 AM
The quality is both in wood and craftsmanship. Though buying signature series guitars for that price is just stupid IMO, I'd muich rather have a custom shop guitar than one of those.

Danno13
06-16-2006, 04:41 AM
Yeah, I wouldn't pay ESP prices for a sig guitar (except the Mustaine V, since it's their only V for sale in the USA) but ESP guitars are incredible quality. I would have NO problem paying $1500 for a Horizon over $800 for an H-1000 (if I had $1500)

azn_guitarist25
06-16-2006, 09:39 AM
ahem.... you guys dont seem to realize that there is a difference take for example dave mustaines sig between his ltd and his esp sig model there are more subtle differences also ltd are made in korea as for esp are made in japan

freddy692000
06-16-2006, 10:20 AM
i have a picture with hetfield playing with an LTD (also all LTD at the price of 800-1100 dollars are also good as an ESP) i have searched a lot before buy the epiphone and add EMGS

ClassicAxe
06-16-2006, 10:27 AM
The ltd has a liscensed floyd rose, and is just not as agood as quality as the ESP. Im not sure if the LTD has the lynch screamin deamon either...

azn_guitarist25
06-16-2006, 10:30 AM
The ltd has a liscensed floyd rose, and is just not as agood as quality as the ESP. Im not sure if the LTD has the lynch screamin deamon either...

there are no ltd lynch sigs that have floyd roses also his ltd sig does have a screamin demon in the bridge

ClassicAxe
06-16-2006, 10:36 AM
^ Oh ok, but they do have floyd roses, there just liscensed.

freddy692000
06-16-2006, 10:37 AM
note:i didnt say it before i done mean floyd rose guitars dont want it so i say the non-floyd ESPs and LTDs

azn_guitarist25
06-16-2006, 10:37 AM
^ Oh ok, but they do have floyd roses, there just liscensed.

yep they sure do :rolleyes: http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_george.html

ClassicAxe
06-16-2006, 10:40 AM
^ Look dont get an attitude kid.

George lynch has 6 signature guitars or more, im talking about his Kamikaze series you dip. You took the time to look at the V series and that was it? Are you really absent minded or what...

azn_guitarist25
06-16-2006, 10:43 AM
^ Look dont get an attitude kid.

George lynch has 6 signature guitars or more, im talking about his Kamikaze series you dip. You took the time to look at the V series and that was it? Are you really absent minded or what...

wow someones got a stick up there ass. show me the proof of where there is a licenced floyd rose on one of his sigs then i will shut my mouth

ClassicAxe
06-16-2006, 10:46 AM
Shut your mouth troll.

GL500K LTD George Lynch Guitar specifications
Features of the GL500K LTD George Lynch Guitar

http://www.metalguitars.de/images/ESP__LTD_GL500_K_George_Lynch.jpg

? Construction: Bolt-on
? Scale: 25.5 in.
? Body: Alder
? Neck: Maple
? Fingerboard: Rosewood
? Inlays: Dot w/ model name at 12th fret
? Hardware: Black
? Bridge: Floyd Rose licensed
? Binding: None
? Frets: 22 x J
? Pickups: Duncan designed HB-103B and SC-101
? Electronics: 1 volume w/push-pull pickup selector

freddy692000
06-16-2006, 10:46 AM
the signature guitars are really expensive for me so i dont even look em .the guitars i check is the most 1200euro

azn_guitarist25
06-16-2006, 10:47 AM
i stand corrected then, but no need to call names thats just plain childish play fair

Danno13
06-16-2006, 10:52 AM
Freddy, you just seem to live in your own little world.

First saying Washburn isn't good because it doesn't have history (it's older then Gibson AND Fender)

And now saying all sig guitars are over $1200.

I question your logic.

Oh, and Dave and Phil? Cool it, guys. the GL-600 Skulls And Snakes, an LTD model, has an OFR. So you're both right, and you're both wrong. :cheers:

azn_guitarist25
06-16-2006, 10:56 AM

First saying Washburn isn't good because it doesn't have history (it's older then Gibson AND Fender)

I question your logic.

Oh, and Dave and Phil? Cool it, guys. the GL-600 Skulls And Snakes, an LTD model, has an OFR. So you're both right, and you're both wrong. :cheers:

true

freddy692000
06-16-2006, 11:00 AM

I question your logic.

if u remembered i said why i dont like the washburn guitars (cause here at greece a chain store has only the washburn guitar<500euro and all i have tryed really suck)
i am talking about ESP sig guitars check the esp site for esp sig guitars if u find any cheaper that 1200dollars say it http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_signature.html i am talking about ESP and not LTD sigs

now understood ? :) no offence

xxgenocide98xx
06-16-2006, 03:08 PM
if u remembered i said why i dont like the washburn guitars (cause here at greece a chain store has only the washburn guitar<500euro and all i have tryed really suck)
i am talking about ESP sig guitars check the esp site for esp sig guitars if u find any cheaper that 1200dollars say it http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_signature.html i am talking about ESP and not LTD sigs

now understood ? :) no offence

Interesting because not everyone lives in greece so we can get jacked pricing..

Also, the guitar could have 'sucked' for many reasons, one of which including the fact that it wasnt properly setup.

Second, You can't get an ESP signature series guitar for under $1200 unless you have connections or you buy one used. Thats not really a big deal, because you can get the highest LTD signature series for less than $1200 so it doesn't really matter. I'd also like to let you know thats MSRP, or list price, NOT actual price... For some of the easier-to-sell ESPs you can get them to two grand without much of a problem if you know how to talk ;)